Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It usually is about 4 but it appears that he's trying to squeeze in a couple of more this year. We shall see

I hope he takes his time into perfecting the paint job and sculpt as opposed to rush and do more figures, judging by the feedbacks on the sculpt for the iminime stuffs, which some member claims due to his tight schedules.

I hope he takes his time into perfecting the paint job and sculpt as opposed to rush and do more figures, judging by the feedbacks on the sculpt for the iminime stuffs, which some member claims due to his tight schedules.

I've chatted at length with Denny regarding paint aps and skin tone. He is aware of the communities complaints. Hopefully it will be corrected.

The truth is, Denny HAS to take as many projects on as he does to stay afloat guys. Iminime isn't HOT TOYS. They sell 70 figures every release. You need to start thinking of them like a customizer more than a toy company. They don't have the infrastructure. Those guys over there are working day in day out to get our figrues to us.

Sounds like it's the reverse wake. Iminime markets more like a Toy company than a customizer. If Denny has a team of sculptors and significant overhead to manage, then this isn't a customizer. It's great that he still manages to keep direct contact with his customers, but it feels like Denny wants to make a play at being the next blitzway or enterbay, and rightfully so. Nothing wrong with trying to grow his business.

But Back on topic, Rainmans been awfully quiet with updates so this must mean he's in the zone! :panic:

Last edited:
Just my two cents, but I think Iminime are doing some great figures that give us perfectionists a good base to work from. I think the quicker everybody realises this the better. Ok the base is a little expensive, but you have a grail of a figure you might not get elsewhere. This is how I look upon Iminime, rightly or wrongly :dunno

I just pre ordered their Daryl knowing in my mind its going to need a **** load of mods, but at least I have a figure to work with in the first place.

I would argue that there aren't any figures that come straight up great in the collective minds of the collector world. Everyone has some minor or major quibbles on every figure released. Just because a company releases 10000 figures doesn't mean they should be held to a higher standard then a guy who releases 50. Neither are going to be able to please everyone. Hot Toys, Iminime, or Rainman all are doing the best they can for their own given circumstances. Until the collector shadows each producer to find out why and how they make their decisions(which won't happen), it's all speculative bull crap including me.

Personally I will always side on the artist/producer first.

Just an opinion.

I think if a company's goal is to offer product in numbers ranging 10,000 plus naturally they must be held accountable to a higher standard because now your dealing with another tier of consumer relationship/confidence and public trust. Those pennies add up, so the product should be held accountable.

The issue with Iminime could be that their making an effort to be an emerging "toy company" while still trying to cater to a niche/picky collector. I'm pretty sure Denny wants to start to see his production numbers go up. Not all custom 1/6 artists are interested in that. Some would rather put out the best product possible without sacrificing quality because of schedules or overhead issues.

Last edited:
I have posted this elsewhere, but while I understand why Iminime may need all this money upfront to say afloat, companies in various industries all over the world handle that issue through business loans, not taking customer money several months in advance to releasing a product and using that capital to invest in later work for those and other customers. Once a company starts to bring in revenue, then they can be self-generating and invest with the money they have. The Iminime process just wouldn't fly in the vast majority of industries out there. I can get why he would want to do it, but usually customers would balk at such a thing. The nature of the collectible business seems to create an exception where we're all more than happy to give first and wait for results later. . .until we get burned. As has happened time and time and time and time again on these forums with custom artists.

Rainman? Pay for it, get it in 45 day or so, and then he moves on to the next thing. That really works for me.

I just bought a vince painted head!, anybody know where i find the ear ring? , i think dont come whith it.., the head come drilled?
Cheers!

I know that it's not pictured but I'm pretty sure that it comes with it too. I'm sure one of us can find out for sure

In the " only the head" picture doesnt show the ear ring, but hoppefuly come with it :)
Do you know if is the same painter to paint the dx series and only the head ?
The full figure pictures the paint is look like more realistic..., but can be photoshop and light effects :)

Rainman only paints the full figures. No photoshop or light tricks, he really paints that good and actually the final product is usually a better paintjob.

The single head sculpts had better include the earring. It wouldn't make since for them not to.

In the " only the head" picture doesnt show the ear ring, but hoppefuly come with it :)
Do you know if is the same painter to paint the dx series and only the head ?
The full figure pictures the paint is look like more realistic..., but can be photoshop and light effects :)

What Turbo said :lecture +

Aeon is the one who paints the the heads that come with the clothes sets and she also paints the heads that are sold alone. Rainman himself paints the full sets and the DX. So yes, it's two different painters; that's why you see a difference in the look

Yea she's pretty damn good. I have an extra Plainview sculpt and this Monkey Man done by her. She's no joke

DSC01494_zps5c892bf0.jpg

DSC01492_zps6b92025a.jpg

Back