Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing is, when I got this figure I was not impressed. It just didnt do it for me. So much that I checked with a boardie to see if they wanted to buy it the first day. But as I waited to see how the response was, because frankly I didnt want to bash the figure straight out when people were getting there's, it started to grow on me. Then I decided to kind of mess around a bit with it. The biggest problem I saw was his legs were tooth picks. I am not a big fan of HT's proportions. They are good for years past and some hero figures, but as people have developed better tailoring they just dont work. So I set out to thicken his torso and legs. I still think his torso is too short, and so when I get Jules, Im going to lengthen it which should help balance the height difference. I have since found a new love for this figure. It doesnt photo well and really requires flat lighting. Sitting on my shelf, I think he looks killer but when I take him to my work desk, the directional lighting changes his face.
In regards to his accessories, I have him holding his gun and thats it. I really didn't need more then that. I know people are expecting more for what we pay, but honestly I don't need much. Jules on the other hand really should have a case, more then anything. That one makes me scratch my head. But for me, this pair is going to be epic when all the dust settles. But thats just my opinion.

Great post Robbie. I also felt this way when I first opened Vince the morning I got him. I snapped quick shots and that was all I had to dwell on for that day. Needless to say I was underwhelmed. But upon getting home and having him in front of me with the right natural light he really shined through. Perfect? No. Best 1/6 Vince out? Yes. Don't think so?Sue me! :lol I love this figure!

I really don't think he deserves all this "I'm selling Vince cause Jules sucks!" It's BS.:exactly:

This duo release is pretty much two guys in suits with guns. Plain and simple. Shame on the briefcase not being in the set but that's why we have talented souls such as yourself for.

I'd be in if you'd make one down the line! Guranteed! :hi5:

Two guys in suits is what I was hoping for. The dork clothes are the most pointless accessories ever for that reason. Wish he spent more time working on the sculpts for both Vincent and Jules as I'm sure someone else can step up and make us a briefcase. I think Rainman doesn't understand the importance of what the briefcase symbolizes. You won't see me ever bashing an artist for doing what he loves, but I truly wish he'd just spend another week or two and make Jules more realistic.

Robbie, will you be making the briefcase?

That could really sway my decision on grabbing Jules and keeping Vincent.

No pressure :lol

Robbie, will you be making the briefcase?

That could really sway my decision on grabbing Jules and keeping Vincent.

No pressure :lol

Most definitely. Im not sure on the complexity but I will make one none the less. Could be a simple block of resin or maybe an opening piece that has the light turn on. Not sure but something will happen. No question. I got Rainman's back. One day I would love to team up on a project with him.

Being honest, he is an inspiration for me. His accessories are what got me into dong them.

Most definitely. Im not sure on the complexity but I will make one none the less. Could be a simple block of resin or maybe an opening piece that has the light turn on. Not sure but something will happen. No question. I got Rainman's back. One day I would love to team up on a project with him.

Being honest, he is an inspiration for me. His accessories are what got me into dong them.

:rock KICK DONKEY!!!!! :hi5:

That is very awesome of you Robbie thanks man! Can't wait to see how it turns out and you and RM teaming would be great.

:rock KICK DONKEY!!!!! :hi5:

Hahahaha. 100% agree!!!

Robbie, please count me in on the list! I don't have a Plainview so I passed on the epic offering you had, but I really need to pose my pulp fiction guys standing there with there guns out AND holding the briefcase! No need at all for a light up here!

Excellent!!! That is definitely pleasing to hear Robbie

I am back in the game. Had time to think about the rash decision I was making on this. I love my Vincent but just felt let down, that yet again this was another light release!

I am glad we are getting the Kahuna Sprite. Would love to see a 1/4 eaten burger Mags? Can you ask?

I am back in the game. Had time to think about the rash decision I was making on this. I love my Vincent but just felt let down, that yet again this was another light release!

I am glad we are getting the Kahuna Sprite. Would love to see a 1/4 eaten burger Mags? Can you ask?

Uhhh... Teddy.... the scale is 1/6 not 1/4. The burger would be too big. Duh.:slap

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:nana::lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl

Good to here Aaron. Trust when the duo is on the shelf in all there glory there will be a change of heart on these pages!

As for the burger, I already did. He said it couldn't be done in the time frame alotted. I think it might be something we can find on ebay and have Corrose or someone make the wrapper. No too worried there.

Exactly what I was thinking at the back of my head, mag. Damn, you make a good sales person. :gah: can you request a pic of the pair together? Even the unrevised sculpt Jules will do. :panic:

Carnt bring myself to part with Vincent fullset .... I've tried and the more I think about this guy and look at him the more he keeps growing on me to where its got to the point of this is the best travolta I've seen and we won't get another like this from a artist like rainman .
Even without jules this guys a real winner .
So I'm keeping him and hopefully to take jules home to but we shall see.
As a great man on the board just stated once the dust settles , these guys will be a epic set which I'm sure if I passed or sold I would regret later on .
A few peeps here not happy with the dork outfit sets choice and we should of been offered something else instead , I agree jules is light and the suitcase should of been a given also the burger / sprite but the dork outfits are epic especially jules red shorts there killer
But Only my opinion here.

Welcome back Johnny! :hi5:

Glad you sticking with this set!!...once paired together, will be nothing but full of win my friend!

Back