Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like to drag another sculptor's efforts into this, as I believe "variety is the spice of life," but Snyderman's Vincent is only "ok"? Really? (Levit, are you expecting people here to jump down your throat? -- well, that I can understand!) I know people love the skin texture and fine, fine hair work done by Rainman, Trevor, Andy B, but for sheer likeness, I think the Snyder offerings are way up there.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:
SM's sculpts are incredible. And his vincent and jules are spot on.
FYI, I got some interest going on an Uma Bride and he should have that ready soon! Seems like were gonna see a lotta tarantino this year!

13072_535618436473021_1971063315_n.jpg

NOT SEEING THE LIKENESS AT ALL. MONEY SAVED.
Although it should be noted he's wearing the suit and tie in the pic.

Now I'm worried!

13072_535618436473021_1971063315_n.jpg

NOT SEEING THE LIKENESS AT ALL. MONEY SAVED.
Although it should be noted he's wearing the suit and tie in the pic.

Wow! I see Travolta but I'm not getting a Vince vibe at all. This sculpt is all about the hair and the hair were getting now is breaking my heart. I hope this can be addressed and fixed.:(

Well, seeing how quickly he is trying to rush this one out, already molding, Rainman doesn't seem to have the time for customer input or getting it right any more. A shame that his time table now seems to be the most important thing. Still, I look forward to final pics.

What was that again about the Pepsi challenge, Mag? ;)

This are moving very fast. I'm not getting Vince Vega out of this as much, but still waiting to see how everything progresses--hair, accessories, etc. This is a highly anticipated set but also highly expensive and I've got a ton of pre-orders coming due, so this will be a wait and see.

Headsculpt looks pretty naff. Needs a LOT of reworking. Only thing that looks right is the chin, the eyes look almost asian...for what he charges i expected better.

Its about putting out the product as fast as possible and collecting the money. Denny though takes in the input and it shows....Patrick Bateman is dead on. If people are still awaiting on their Anton and he is already saying Vince is done with no input on it....foul. Money talks....

Well, seeing how quickly he is trying to rush this one out, already molding, Rainman doesn't seem to have the time for customer input or getting it right any more. A shame that his time table now seems to be the most important thing. Still, I look forward to final pics.

What was that again about the Pepsi challenge, Mag? ;)

AAWWWWWWWW SH_______T! :lol

@ Mags :1-1:

I just showed the preview picture to several people and no one saw Travolta in it, a couple scoffed "that is supposed to be John Travolta??"

I just showed the preview picture to several people and no one saw Travolta in it, a couple scoffed "that is supposed to be John Travolta??"

:exactly: I did the same and showed my wife and some co-workers and they all said it could use some work. It just needs some tweaking not a major overhaul to get it right...IMO.

I think having the down hair could go a long way in changing our perception, actually, but there is no denying that the sculpt needs more work.

Back