Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent research man. :clap

Need better pics of that sculpt!

The hair down the right side of his face is necessary!

I'm getting a Beneficio Del Toro vibe from this pic :gah:

MV5BMjA2NDA2NzkxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTExNzI3MQ@@._V1._SX267_SY400_.jpg

Let me calm down and wait for better pics

....and Bolo Vince it is. Does Rainman have a quota he has to fill? That thing was way rushed man! So disappointed. I hope taxi driver is an end of the year figure.

Last edited:
....and Bolo Vince it is. Does Rainman have a quota he has to fill? That thing was way rushed man!
I wouldn't want to speculate as to Rainman's motivations and work ethic. One thing I can appreciate is that Rainman may have had enough of the constant complaints and cries for mods to his in-progress work. With this one, he seems to have said, "**** it, this is what I want to do, and this is how it looks. Take it or leave it."

I wouldn't want to speculate as to Rainman's motivations and work ethic. One thing I can appreciate is that Rainman may have had enough of the constant complaints and cries for mods to his in-progress work. With this one, he seems to have said, "**** it, this is what I want to do, and this is how it looks. Take it or leave it."

Well it certainly seems as if someone was breathing on his neck with this one. The Anton project probably overlaped into his schedule, affecting that quota.

And Take it or Leave it is not the right attitude for $1000 figures. It's blatantly disrespectful to his loyal customers and is a negative view on his work ethic, so don't
speculate on that. Bottom line is it's rushed! People haven't even received their Antons yet, and we're getting Vince this month. That sounds like a business quota that needs to be met.

The working on projects simultaneously point can be made here. Either way, it's here. For the Die Hard Pulp Fans. It doesn't look bad at all from the teaser shot, but personally I just don't like rushed. I see no artistic value in that.

Last edited:
And Take it or Leave it is not the right attitude for $1000 figures. It's blatantly disrespectful to his loyal customers and is a negative view on his work ethic, so don't speculate on that. Bottom line is it's rushed! People haven't even received their Antons
yet! That sounds like a business quota that needs to be met.
You can judge his work ethic all you please, I was just saying that I am not. And you may see that attitude as disrespect to his customers, but I see it as an interest in artistic integrity. That argument has bupkis to do with his work ethic. Rainman must always balance the needs of customers with the needs of being an artist, I'm sure. In any case, both of us are speculating.

I don't think I will buy this figure by the way, and would have preferred that he go with the traditional suit version. But after seeing how some of his threads have got in the past when Rainman allowed folks input and treated his work as a glorified mass commission I don't blame him if that's his attitude.

13072_535618436473021_1971063315_n.jpg

NOT SEEING THE LIKENESS AT ALL. MONEY SAVED.
Although it should be noted he's wearing the suit and tie in the pic.

I'm getting a Leonardo DiCaprio vibe from that latest pic...

It may be foolish of me, but I'm still holding out hope that he will offer the hair down sculpt.

You can judge his work ethic all you please, I was just saying that I am not. And you may see that attitude as disrespect to his customers, but I see it as an interest in artistic integrity. That argument has bupkis to do with his work ethic. Rainman must always balance the needs of customers with the needs of being an artist, I'm sure. In any case, both of us are speculating.

I don't think I will buy this figure by the way, and would have preferred that he go with the traditional suit version. But after seeing how some of his threads have got in the past when Rainman allowed folks input and treated his work as a glorified mass commission I don't blame him if that's his attitude.

I see your point, and the argument isn't that it's rushed because it's not traditional suit Vince, it's just clearly feels rushed even with his personal preference of Bolo Vince. To say Rainman doesn't rely on feedback is inaccurate. He clearly posted that he was doing Pulp Fiction and needed help with ideas. So even as a bolo Vince offering, which is still great, some are going to scrutinize how much work really went into this when
there were cleary many areas where Rainman could have explored his artistic talents and really pushed this hobby even futher. New material, metal guns with working mechanics, more detail on the accessories. We are all paying attention here.

But until we see everything, It is just speculating.

Last edited:
13072_535618436473021_1971063315_n.jpg

NOT SEEING THE LIKENESS AT ALL. MONEY SAVED.
Although it should be noted he's wearing the suit and tie in the pic.

um... who? :dunno

excitement waning. I gotta agree, this project has the feeling of rushing it out asap.

I do agree that there is a rush here. There's only 2 weeks left to Feb and this will be up for PO? People are still getting Anton :dunno. Maybe it's an attempt to squeeze in another figure or two per year

I'm waiting for more pics but I have to say that this isn't getting off to the start that I hoped for. I'd like to say that it's the photoshop that's throwing it off but the more that I look at this sculpt, the more I see it's further from the mark than I initially thought. I'm sort of getting a little Kilmer in Heat from it.

6550_534970563204475_2038098042_n.jpg

Damn this is progressing fast !. I can't see much likeness there , I've seen better looking customs. I'm glad I'm not interested in this set and I hope you guys who are can get what you're asking for.

wow...already being casted...hmmm...who knew...lol...snyderman also has some ok sculpts...:)...never saw the Xeno one tho...that looks pretty good too tho...:)

wow...already being casted...hmmm...who knew...lol...snyderman also has some ok sculpts...:)...never saw the Xeno one tho...that looks pretty good too tho...:)

Snyderman's is much better likeness... MAYBE a accessories only purchase for me.

I don't like to drag another sculptor's efforts into this, as I believe "variety is the spice of life," but Snyderman's Vincent is only "ok"? Really? (Levit, are you expecting people here to jump down your throat? -- well, that I can understand!) I know people love the skin texture and fine, fine hair work done by Rainman, Trevor, Andy B, but for sheer likeness, I think the Snyder offerings are way up there.

Agreed, GOB. I might be looking at getting those unpainted Snyderman sculpts and picking up Rainman's clothing/accessories.

Back