Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea Xeno's may be the best. But it's not available, right? I'm familiar with all of Snyderman's sculpts. The thing that throws me off with his stuff is the lack of texture. Everything looks very smooth which is why his woman characters are always awesome but his male sculpts loose a few points in the realism category for me. Maybe it's just his paint that's throwing me off. It's hard to judge because the threads are very quiet which also makes me think. There aren't any in hand pics or different paint ups to go by.

I've got his Venkman painted up by Skiman and it looks fantastic in-hand. I think he does himself a disservice by not letting someone else paint and take pics of his heads honestly.

Yea Xeno's may be the best. But it's not available, right? I'm familiar with all of Snyderman's sculpts. The thing that throws me off with his stuff is the lack of texture. Everything looks very smooth which is why his woman characters are always awesome but his male sculpts loose a few points in the realism category for me. Maybe it's just his paint that's throwing me off. It's hard to judge because the threads are very quiet which also makes me think. There aren't any in hand pics or different paint ups to go by.

I sent his hannibal lecter to silentsurfer so will see soon enough.

He sells unpainted heads, so I don't believe that's it. We're just a bunch of lazy sods who never finish anything. Seriously, I believe there will be such photos soon (from Wake and from me, at least). And equally seriously, we ought to be discussing this in that thread, not Rainman's.

I'm seeing Travolta in there, maybe even enough to buy...if only the damn hair was down.

And equally seriously, we ought to be discussing this in that thread, not Rainman's.
I agree with you, but I also think that, considering the lackluster response to Rainman's sculpt as we see it, talk of alternatives are only going to benefit him in terms of helping to sell this release. Of course, the head is only one part of the equation.

I sent his hannibal lecter to silentsurfer so will see soon enough.

I hope that gets done really soon; I really need to see that. I'm actually in talks right now with SM to tweak is Lecter sculpt. I asked if he could add more winkling and make the bald spot more apparent. I was also thinking about thinning the hair as I feel it has a little too much volume and should be more slicked to his head. He said he could and gave me a price for the customization (unpainted). I asked him how he handles is custom policy; if this will be a one off for me or if this will be available to the public. He said at this price point they reserve the right to offer it to the public.

Don't get me wrong I'm not the type to want something exclusive that no one else is allowed to have. It's not a matter of that; I'd want everyone who wants this to jump aboard. But I'm just trying to weigh out how fair it is to pay that much and then everyone after me gets it for $50 a pop (unpainted). I guess that's just the way the game is played.

So I'll throw it out there; anyone who would like a tweaked version of Snyder-man's Lecter sculpt, let me know. Maybe if we pool together it can get cheaper for the group.

I hope that gets done really soon; I really need to see that. I'm actually in talks right now with SM to tweak is Lecter sculpt. I asked if he could add more winkling and make the bald spot more apparent. I was also thinking about thinning the hair as I feel it has a little too much volume and should be more slicked to his head. He said he could and gave me a price for the customization (unpainted). I asked him how he handles is custom policy; if this will be a one off for me or if this will be available to the public. He said at this price point they reserve the right to offer it to the public.

Don't get me wrong I'm not the type to want something exclusive that no one else is allowed to have. It's not a matter of that; I'd want everyone who wants this to jump aboard. But I'm just trying to weigh out how fair it is to pay that much and then everyone after me gets it for $50 a pop (unpainted). I guess that's just the way the game is played.

So I'll throw it out there; anyone who would like a tweaked version of Snyder-man's Lecter sculpt, let me know. Maybe if we pool together it can get cheaper for the group.

Man, I wish I'd known that before hand! Nathan hasn't started mine yet. Maybe I should tell him to hold off... until this new sculpt is ready. When can Tom get to the tweaks? (those things are exactly what I would change!)

I feel that the head has two problems.
First is the face is not wide enough throught the middle. Vega is really wide just below the ears. Rainman's has a taper starting from the temples down to the chin. His face is a diamond shape, and this one is an upside down triangle.

581211_537650062936525_526843388_n.jpg

Vincent-Vega.jpg

The second, his whole head is too flat from face to the back of his head. Vega has a really thick head.

13072_535618436473021_1971063315_n.jpg

PulpFiction_023Pyxurz.jpg

He sells unpainted heads, so I don't believe that's it. We're just a bunch of lazy sods who never finish anything. Seriously, I believe there will be such photos soon (from Wake and from me, at least). And equally seriously, we ought to be discussing this in that thread, not Rainman's.

I agree with you, but I also think that, considering the lackluster response to Rainman's sculpt as we see it, talk of alternatives are only going to benefit him in terms of helping to sell this release. Of course, the head is only one part of the equation.

Sorry for the OT post Gruff, yours wasn't up yet. I don't think that we're being disrespectful to Rainman though. If this was living up to everyone's expectations his thread would be overflowing with praise. Should it go completely silent when the opposite happens?

At this point I'm thinking clothing set. If there isn't going to be a propper fat suit with matching clothes made to replicate Travolta's build, then I may have to take an extremely unfortunate pass on this. Anton came in too thin and respectively the clothes are tailored too small to build him up perfectly. We are getting close with our different tweaks, but the clothes won't allow perfect. I don't want to have to do that again for Vince.

But there's no doubt that people will be looking for alternative sculpts for this one. IDK if it's any less "disrespectful" to open up a separate "Alternative Vince Sculpt" thread or just to talk about it here.

Last edited:
Man, I wish I'd known that before hand! Nathan hasn't started mine yet. Maybe I should tell him to hold off... until this new sculpt is ready. When can Tom get to the tweaks? (those things are exactly what I would change!)

I'll PM you some details in a few hours when I free up broski. I wish I knew you were going for it too!

Well hopefully anyone who read this and is looking for an alternative sculpt for Iminime's Lecter's blue suit, PM me and lets group up!

Last edited:
Original
581211_537650062936525_526843388_n.jpg

Altered (excuse the crappy shopping)
RainmanVega.jpg

Certainly better. I always wonder when sculptors see this kind of thing done to their work what goes through their heads...

I imagine some are indignant. More than a few must be like 'oh well. too late.' I think its the most successful ones that can say "ah, yes I see it! Let me improve my work" That'd be me. I'm a perfectionist though.

The problem is it's cast :dunno

I imagine 30-50 of these have been cast already. Can't see him going back to change the original which won't be a five minute job either.

Not saying I don't agree, just being realistic.

Back