Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think the likeness is as poor as popular opinion seems to feel. he's just definitely hewing on the thin side for travolta post-eighties and 'look who's talking?' tragedy.
but with some work on the nose and thickness of face, it should be good. at least from a quick look over of the sculpt. havent had a chance to really inspect it yet.

:lecture

I'm just playin' with you broski :wink1:

Either way I think that he is getting the message. This is one of the very rare times that unanimous disappointment is expressed in one of his threads. It's always a ton of praise, hi-fives and hand jobs. Sometimes you need the voice of the fans to point out what you can't see yourself and help bring out the best in you

I learned a new word that describes what the Army has done to me.

Its desensitized. :lol

Anyone who sees Travolta in that sculpt is doing a very good job of fooling themselves. :monkey1

With Anton the only issues I read were the hair.

and yeah I don't know what meetings you attended. :cuckoo:

I believe in Rainman and I know he is not perfect, but dammit please get Pulp Fiction right :pray:

I learned a new word that describes what the Army has done to me.

Its desensitized. :lol

Anyone who sees Travolta in that sculpt is doing a very good job of fooling themselves. :monkey1

With Anton the only issues I read were the hair.

and yeah I don't know what meetings you attended. :cuckoo:

I believe in Rainman and I know he is not perfect, but dammit please get Pulp Fiction right :pray:

See I think you are looking past the good parts and only focusing on the incorrect. There are solid parts there.

See I think you are looking past the good parts and only focusing on the incorrect. There are solid parts there.

Can you please point them out for me?

Not trying to be an ***, but I am having difficulty seeing Travolta.

If you tell me he got the butt-chin right than I concur, but other than that I see Val.

He pays a caster for all of his stuff which means his investment is much higher then just materials. Like you, I don't know what he spends to produce these figures so I will refrain from making speculations on what it costs Rainman in time and money to produce his figures. It maybe $50 or $5000. We don't know. I do know how much it would cost me to produce these, and I can tell you that it would be a hell of lot more then $150 for 50 casts.

:lecture Anyone making this stuff has more costs than just raw materials, and for Rainman, who has a team, managing production time is vital. He fell behind a little with Anton and by the speedy progress on this project, though Rainman has always been a machine, he seems to be trying to catch up. That's smart, so any major slow downs or revisions must be the last thing he wants.

Maybe a little rough around the edges Stevey but I wouldn't say douchey :lol :1-1:

Many of us are avid fans, supporters and friends of his at a certain capacity. There's nothing wrong with sharing our opinions with him. I've already shared my thoughts with him days ago and I'm sure you and I haven't been the only ones.

This is an extremely important release and it should be handled as such. Rainman wants to put out a top notch product just as bad as we want to see him meet our expectations. He'll come thru for us... even if we frustrate him along the way, he always comes thru. And as frustrating as we may be sometimes, the end result is we always help him make the best product he can. I'm sure he looks back after the smoke clears and is able to appreciate that.

:exactly: I'm sometimes rough around the edges with thoughts especially in these inflectionless posts but I have always had the greatest respect for Rainman's work even in the times when I feel he missed the mark. I love the hands and vibe Jackrabbit Vince will have. Hopefully he can make some improvements to the portrait but widening the portrait in hand, which I agree it needs, takes a lot more time to accomplish than the photoshop tweak.

^^^^ :exactly: all of this

Lmao! I was gonna use the Mets pic but I was like naaaaaah! Soooooo half your life and you still havent switched teams? Orange and Blue are cursed in NY I tell ya! Sorry man!

DSC00484.jpg

Till I diz-ie

I'm thinking with all the feedback hes gonna take another crack at it or at least improve on it. It happened with Pee Wee so there is hope. As far as a loose haired sculpt. I'm hoping a DX could be pulled out. Since it seems like Vince is a single full release. Why not go all out. If not I always have my Xeno head! :wink1:

I'd rather a DX Vince than 2 separate releases, but if the clothes are all different and the hair different I'm not sure that's reasonable. :dunno

Plus a DX would take that much more time to achieve, especially with any sculpt revisions, and being behind schedule with Anton, time may may not be a luxury.

I'd rather a DX Vince than 2 separate releases, but if the clothes are all different and the hair different I'm not sure that's reasonable. :dunno

Plus a DX would take that much more time to achieve, especially with any sculpt revisions, and being behind schedule with Anton, time may may not be a luxury.

Yup. :lecture The only precedent for that is the Narrator, and I think I remember reading that Rainman wasn't able to offer that comprehensive of a package anymore. I just hope that if on the off chance Vince is made a DX, that the JRS Vince is the DX exclusive...

So would I bro. But time is definitely a problem. So it really is all in the mans hands right now. I know he'll pull through! Staying real positive on this one!

Yup. :lecture The only precedent for that is the Narrator, and I think I remember reading that Rainman wasn't able to offer that comprehensive of a package anymore. I just hope that if on the off chance Vince is made a DX, that the JRS Vince is the DX exclusive...

Would make the best sense but I'm really getting the vibe that Rainman loves that scene! Sh!7 Who doesn't!?:) I guess we'll find out soon enough! I still believe!

With Narrator, I think it was painting twice the number of heads and dealing with the magnet swap that was more overwhelming at the time than he anticipated, this was before the DX versions which have since had 2 heads and even a whole 'nother figure w/ costume. Narrator fullset was the first "DX" really and it was interesting that both he and Tyler 2's H&C sets were broken into 2 releases.

Last edited:
So would I bro. But time is definitely a problem. So it really is all in the mans hands right now. I know he'll pull through! Staying real positive on this one!

Rainman does often make revisions if enough people, especially his earwhisperers, make it known it early enough in the process. Quiet faith only goes so far. :lol :duff

So Vincent if faster than Butch? :lol

I would like it more if the avatars looked more like the Street Fighter 2 style, and less like something from an NES game

That speed didn't help him when he got shot up by Butch.

Patiently waiting on that Jules action figure.

It's hard to tell how much this improved from that angle but he's the man for taking on the input either way. Can't wait to see more :clap

Last edited:
Back