Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That headplay one looks like a caricature to me, though I agree it captures some of the distinctive facial features better than Rainman's seems to.

This is true, that's a better way of putting it. I think that the same features that the HP overemphasizes are under emphasized here.

Altered (excuse the crappy shopping)
RainmanVega.jpg

That clearly shows that he'd benefit greatly from a "chubbier" face. IDK if we can make a call on the profile thickness yet tho. We all thought that the first go at Anton's hair was all wrong from that first semi frontal pic and then we saw it wasn't as bad as we thought later (I still prefer the final version though). That said he was very willing to take on our input about Anton's hair and I believe that most of us think it was a change for the better. Hopefully he'll take our good advice into consideration again.

The problem is it's cast :dunno

I imagine 30-50 of these have been cast already. Can't see him going back to change the original which won't be a five minute job either.

Not saying I don't agree, just being realistic.

What does that cost? I mean really? Casting resin is $40 for 16 oz. you could probably cast 50 sculpts for about $150 in materials. The time? Lets just say if he sacrificed his profits for 1 or 2 figures he might sell more but who am I kidding. Even at his prices he will sell out

I wouldn't assume that, Teddy. He may have made a scratch mold just to have a resin copy to paint. He says on Facebook that he needs to paint it to really understand what changes might be needed.

I didn't realise he went about it like that, in which case all is cool :)

What does that cost? I mean really? Casting resin is $40 for 16 oz. you could probably cast 50 sculpts for about $150 in materials. The time? Lets just say if he sacrificed his profits for 1 or 2 figures he might sell more but who am I kidding. Even at his prices he will sell out

He pays a caster for all of his stuff which means his investment is much higher then just materials. Like you, I don't know what he spends to produce these figures so I will refrain from making speculations on what it costs Rainman in time and money to produce his figures. It maybe $50 or $5000. We don't know. I do know how much it would cost me to produce these, and I can tell you that it would be a hell of lot more then $150 for 50 casts.

Man, I wish I'd known that before hand! Nathan hasn't started mine yet. Maybe I should tell him to hold off... until this new sculpt is ready. When can Tom get to the tweaks? (those things are exactly what I would change!)

Hi Wake,

We had planned on tweaking this sculpt per PCK's request for a nominal fee as a one-of-a-kind. We are happy with the Lecter as is and have sold several of them to seemingly satisfied customers. We have no intention of making this sculpt available to anyone else. Sorry for any confusion and for any perceived thread highjacking.

Josh

Well I wanted to respond to yruh8tn's post but I guess it's gone now :lol.

Thanks for chiming in Josh. What you're saying now isn't what I understood last we spoke but maybe I missed something. Again because I don't want to be misunderstood, a one off custom that no one else can obtain isn't my goal (I'm not interested in that kind of BS); a perfect Lecter sculpt is. So as I said I'd want anyone who wanted one to be able to get it; but I was deciding how I felt about paying a premium to get something started and watch everyone who bought after me pay a fraction of what I did. I always want to spread the wealth and be fair to my fellow Freaks but I was deciding if that was a deal that was fair to me too.

Rainman's words after I commented on his picture.

Steve Ortiz Rainman you know how much your fans love you. Please reconsider resculpting the head. It looks like Val Kilmer and nothing like John Travolta. Also the majority of your fans want to see the black suit so they can pose him with Jules.

이창근 yes~~ i will decide after paint~ even i had to fix, i shold know where fix.^^

Hopefully I didn't come off as a total ******. :monkey3

Thanks for chiming in Josh. What you're saying now isn't what I understood last we spoke but maybe I missed something. Again because I don't want to be misunderstood, a one off custom that no one else can obtain isn't my goal (I'm not interested in that kind of BS); a perfect Lecter sculpt is. So as I said I'd want anyone who wanted one to be able to get it; but I was deciding how I felt about paying a premium to get something started and watch everyone who bought after me pay a fraction of what I did. I always want to spread the wealth and be fair to my fellow Freaks but I was deciding if that was a deal that was fair to me too.

I appreciate all of your sentiments and your generosity in wanting to share with your fellow customizers. The reason we won't be offering the modified version to anyone else, is because we believe it is not fair to offer options after folks have already paid for and received the original. To be fair to everyone, our version is our version that we have made available, and your version will be a modified form of our version which you paid extra for and is specifically customized for your tastes.

I really don't want to trample on someone else's thread, so let's please take this conversation offline for any further comments.

Rainman's words after I commented on his picture.

Steve Ortiz Rainman you know how much your fans love you. Please reconsider resculpting the head. It looks like Val Kilmer and nothing like John Travolta. Also the majority of your fans want to see the black suit so they can pose him with Jules.

이창근 yes~~ i will decide after paint~ even i had to fix, i shold know where fix.^^

Hopefully I didn't come off as a total ******. :monkey3

Maybe a little rough around the edges Stevey but I wouldn't say douchey :lol :1-1:

Many of us are avid fans, supporters and friends of his at a certain capacity. There's nothing wrong with sharing our opinions with him. I've already shared my thoughts with him days ago and I'm sure you and I haven't been the only ones.

This is an extremely important release and it should be handled as such. Rainman wants to put out a top notch product just as bad as we want to see him meet our expectations. He'll come thru for us... even if we frustrate him along the way, he always comes thru. And as frustrating as we may be sometimes, the end result is we always help him make the best product he can. I'm sure he looks back after the smoke clears and is able to appreciate that.

Maybe a little rough around the edges Stevey but I wouldn't say ****** :lol :1-1:

Many of us are avid fans supporters and friends of his at a certain capacity. There's nothing wrong with sharing our opinions with him. I've already shared my thoughts with him days ago as I'm sure you and I haven't been the only ones.

This is an extremely important release and it should be handled as such. Rainman wants to put out a top notch product just as bad as we want to see him meet our expectations. He'll come thru for us... even if we frustrate him along the way, he always come thru. And as frustrating as we may be sometimes, the end result is we always help him make the best product he can. I'm sure he looks back after the smoke clears and is able to appreciate that.

Well I also think that beating around the bush when there is already a language barrier can cause more confusion. So I chose a more direct approach.

I'm just playin' with you broski :wink1:

Either way I think that he is getting the message. This is one of the very rare times that unanimous disappointment is expressed in one of his threads. It's always a ton of praise, hi-fives and hand jobs. Sometimes you need the voice of the fans to point out what you can't see yourself and help bring out the best in you

i dont think the likeness is as poor as popular opinion seems to feel. he's just definitely hewing on the thin side for travolta post-eighties and 'look who's talking?' tragedy.
but with some work on the nose and thickness of face, it should be good. at least from a quick look over of the sculpt. havent had a chance to really inspect it yet.

Yeah Pop! What meeting where you attending???:lol

Oh yooooooou... stop playin' you mofo ....you know I saw you there too :D

Gotta believe... I've been living by those words for half of my life as a Mets fan... where the hell did it get me :monkey2 :wink1:

Of course :). I have full faith that he will do his best to improve this sculpt and soak in our opinions. Do I think that he'll do a loose hair Vince?? I'm hoping to God but I have a feeling that we're going to have to source those out.

My second biggest concern is the fat suit. Please no skinny Vince!! No more Anton syndrome!!

Oh yooooooou... stop playin' you mofo ....you know I saw you there too :D

Gotta believe... I've been living by those words for half of my life as a Mets fan... where the hell did it get me :monkey2 :wink1:

Of course :). I have full faith that he will do his best to improve this sculpt and soak in our opinions. Do I think that he'll do a loose hair Vince?? I'm hoping to God but I have a feeling that we're going to have to source those out.

My second biggest concern is the fat suit. Please no skinny Vince!! No more Anton syndrome!!

Lmao! I was gonna use the Mets pic but I was like naaaaaah! Soooooo half your life and you still havent switched teams? Orange and Blue are cursed in NY I tell ya! Sorry man!

I'm thinking with all the feedback hes gonna take another crack at it or at least improve on it. It happened with Pee Wee so there is hope. As far as a loose haired sculpt. I'm hoping a DX could be pulled out. Since it seems like Vince is a single full release. Why not go all out. If not I always have my Xeno head! :wink1:

Back