Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The t-shirt might need to be more grey than it is. Might be the lighting though, who knows.

Also, Rainman said he is waiting for a sample of the painted head to list it.

Im really hoping the 400.00 set comes with the head like it says and not a typo if the H+C set cost 520.00 I'm just going for the full set this time

I think all the signs (email from Rainman discussing price increases etc) would suggest for 400 bucks the head ain't included would make no sense to discuss the need for a price increase then put the sets up for 60 bucks less than normal. My guess is typo but it is only a guess.

So not a whole lot has happened since I've been gone I see :D

I honestly think that the price hike makes a ton of sense. I know most people don’t want to hear or believe that but it’s true. It never made sense that a painted sculpt was $120 before shipping and it ended up essentially costing only $50 more than a clothes only set in a H&C. That was the biggest culprit in making the full set seem not worth it.

With this in place there is total balance to the equation. A la carte painted head sculpt: $120. A la cart clothes set: $400. H&C: $520 (if he wanted to do a little incentive package deal he could do $495-$500 for H&C like a combo discount. I guess you can’t fault him if he doesn’t). Now an $820 full set makes the sense it’s supposed to make. You’re paying $300 more for an official TT, and extra exclusive accessory and his paint.

Like he said he should’ve changed this a long time ago and it was a big business mistake on his part. The upside is all of you guys that have been getting these for that price have been enjoying a steal of a deal for a long time.

I can see that most people are disappointed in the dork clothes and I have to agree. There could have been more fitting things to round off this entire menagerie of options. I’d understand it if there were suitable bodies out there that those clothes would even look good on. Really the whole idea was good in theory but not in practice. Everyone loves that scene but you can’t make a good looking quality figure with those clothes.

questions abound.

Also, are the set2 shirt and pants the same as the set1 shirt and pants? If so, I suppose only the jacket and bolo are exclusive to set2.

Each article is different brother. If you get both you'll have 2 different Jackets, 2 different white shirts, 2 different pants and of course the ties.

Speaking of the tie that's another small nit that I have. To be accurate it should be a bit skinnier.

I was hoping it was because if lack of accessories with this one I know the Pee-wee h+c set cost me like 480.00 and the Anton was 447.00 shipped I just figured the difference was because pee-wee came with more stuff so I was hoping the same thing here

hmm, what do you think the black jacket underneath is for? The leather lapel looks to be the same as the dancing jacket we're getting.

Just total guessing on my part but maybe the start of the lapels? Using the real vinyl for them but using a lighter fabric for the other parts. Costumes are often mocked up using muslin to get the fit right because its easy to draw lines, make notes and its cheaper.

I'm more confused than ever.

Where does the price say $520?
All I see is outfit sets for $400 that say that the painted head is included in the parts list.

Each article is different brother. If you get both you'll have 2 different Jackets, 2 different white shirts, 2 different pants and of course the ties.

:duff

The RM jackets are indeed different and I see now the shirts pockets and collars look different so I assume the pants are different as well, difficult to tell in the dark lighting.

So the Outfit set 2 jumped from $250 to $400 today, correct? Maybe he did that to account for the increased painted head sculpt cost discussed in his e-mail, and so the head will be included! [/wishful thinking]

:duff

The RM jackets are indeed different and I see now the shirts pockets and collars look different so I assume the pants are different as well, difficult to tell in the dark lighting.

The pants in the JRS set looks more like jeans but it would be easier to tell by seeing the back pockets.

The JRS shirt has a stitching detail around the collar that the suit shirt doesn't have and the pocket on the JRS shirt has angled corners while the suit shirt is square :duff

I'm more confused than ever.

Where does the price say $520?
All I see is outfit sets for $400 that say that the painted head is included in the parts list.

After seeing this it's pretty safe to say that a good reference price going forward would be H&C sets: $520 CLOTHES ONLY SETS: $400 PAINTED SCULPTS: stay at $120

Direct from rainman:

Hello, it's Rainman.

Now it's all completed.

While modifying and casting the details of head, it's already March.

I might modify again even after the photo shooting then start the final casting.

It's because while casting, there must be some shrinks and changes the mood of the head.

There's one more thing that I should let you know, is rising price.

Until now, there were only $50 difference between the head and outfit set AND the outfit set only.

I just made this price rule from the beginning, but I was making a big mistake.

At that time, the casting fee was 1/3 from now, and also the lower cost for the painting.

However as you already know, the painted head, including casted head is $120 at the moment.

There must be $120 difference between those two sets but it was strangest price difference of $50 only.

I should have notice that but missed out.

Considering that there should be some advantage for set items rather than purchasing one item,

I've adjusted the price now.

I really wish you understand this. It's not that I just raised price without a reason.

The full set release time for Ganster is 8pm 03 MAR 2013 in Korea.

Well... I'm definitely going to want at least a painted head. Not sure if I'm going to spring $400 for just the clothing set. You guys think it'll be pretty easy to bash together a nice suit/shoes for him?

Bit confused here... the site banner suggests that non-VIP PO is for 3rd March but the site lists everything Pulp-related as 'sold out'. Are these 'sold out' listings placeholders or do they just reflect that the VIP allocation is exhausted?

But the dance hand is meaningless without the dance outfit? :dunno

Or is your plan to buy that outfit also?

Yea I'm looking to score the JRS gear too :)

You're (and everyone else) right about the whole structure of the packages being odd and not making a lot of sense. The very apparent rush that's been going on is definitely effecting the package structure too. They are obviously not very planned or well thought out. As much as I'm love drunk over the sculpt and as appreciative as I am that he went for the loose hair, I think the rush has made its mark on the quality of how the long hair looks. The time needed to mod the existing sculpt and blend the long hair in the right way obviously wasn't there. I'm not even making a big deal of that and both of these are other stories entirely.

Now that the smoke's clearing I thing that we should let him hear what we think would balance the sets out and make the most sense. Not saying that he'll do what we vote on, but we know that he’s listening and he'll consider it if he sees that a large majority are game for the same thing. I’m sure if he knows that the majority of people are ready to lay out for the ponytail sculpt, he may find a way to make it happen.

My opinion to restore balance:

1. Get the ponytail sculpt back in the game. Offer it as a DX to the regular set OR as a painted (preferably by himself) a la carte sculpt.

2. Switch out the dork clothes for the trench in the JRS clothes set. If it has to be a little more money because of it (which is realistic)... I can't speak for everybody but I'd be good with that.

...Leave everything else as is

So this way it's:

JRS Clothes set: Raincoat, blazer , white shirt, jeans, bolo tie, shoes, gun, watch

BLACK SUIT SET: Suit jacket, white shirt, suit pants, tie, dork clothes, shoes, gun, watch

FULL SET: Loose hair sculpt, suit jacket, white shirt, suit pants, tie, dork clothes, shoes, gun, watch, dance hand

DX or EXTRA "a la carte" sculpt: Ponytail sculpt (+ full set stuff if DX)

This way every taste is covered for all 3 full looks :dunno (except the dork clothes won’t be “full” because you’d need flip flops; and that’s just the start to that can of worms)

the 'sold out' is just a placeholder.

1. Get the ponytail sculpt back in the game. Offer it as a DX to the regular set OR as a painted (preferably by himself) a la carte sculpt.

2. Switch out the dork clothes for the trench in the JRS clothes set. If it has to be a little more money because of it (which is realistic)... I can't speak for everybody but I'd be good with that.

So this way it's:

JRS Clothes set: Raincoat, blazer , white shirt, jeans, bolo tie, shoes, gun, watch

BLACK SUIT SET: Suit jacket, white shirt, suit pants, tie, dork clothes, shoes, gun, watch

FULL SET: Loose hair sculpt, suit jacket, white shirt, suit pants, tie, dork clothes, shoes, gun, watch, dance hand

This way every taste is covered for all 3 full looks :dunno (except the dork clothes won’t be “full” because you’d need flip flops; and that’s just the start to that can of worms)

:exactly: :lecture

Listen to this man.

Just gorgeous! Can't get over this :rock

Just trying to imagine Rainman Jules standing beside Vince :drool

I really do hope the light up briefcase comes with Jules :pray:

20130301085733cont_zpsc4527686-Copy2_zpsd1a3ab38.jpg

20130301085733cont_zpsc4527686-Copy3_zps256eeaa3.jpg

20130301085733cont_zps71b28e1b.jpg

20130301085733cont_zpsc4527686-Copy_zpsc561bc3a.jpg

404491_534404346594430_1236679346_n_zpsdd979971.jpg

You deserve a 1of1 commission of the Trench Coat Pop. :lol
A la carte.

Yea I'm looking to score the JRS gear too :)

You're (and everyone else) right about the whole structure of the packages being odd and not making a lot of sense. The very apparent rush that's been going on is definitely effecting the package structure too. They are obviously not very planned or well thought out. As much as I'm love drunk over the sculpt and as appreciative as I am that he went for the loose hair, I think the rush has made its mark on the quality of how the long hair looks. The time needed to mod the existing sculpt and blend the long hair in the right way obviously wasn't there. I'm not even making a big deal of that and both of these are other stories entirely.

Now that the smoke's clearing I thing that we should let him hear what we think would balance the sets out and make the most sense. Not saying that he'll do what we vote on, but we know that he’s listening and he'll consider it if he sees that a large majority are game for the same thing. I’m sure if he knows that the majority of people are ready to lay out for the ponytail sculpt, he may find a way to make it happen.

My opinion to restore balance:

So this way it's:

Also a big detail is the fat suit. Ideally I'd like to see RM start to include a tailored fat suit like Iminime did for Lecter. I know that's time and money. If that's not possible, then at least he should pad out the body properly with that figure form foam and size the clothes based on that.

This way we can choose to keep his foam padding, get a different fat suit, pad it our own way, body swap more freely, etc. Bottom line is in the least the clothes should be tailored to respect a larger physique like Vince or Anton. This way even if he can't provide a proper fat suit, we can build it up our own way and not be restricted by clothes that are tailored too small.

Back