Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My opinion to restore balance:

1. Get the ponytail sculpt back in the game. Offer it as a DX to the regular set OR as a painted (preferably by himself) a la carte sculpt.

2. Switch out the dork clothes for the trench in the JRS clothes set. If it has to be a little more money because of it (which is realistic)... I can't speak for everybody but I'd be good with that.

...Leave everything else as is

So this way it's:

JRS Clothes set: Raincoat, blazer , white shirt, jeans, bolo tie, shoes, gun, watch

BLACK SUIT SET: Suit jacket, white shirt, suit pants, tie, dork clothes, shoes, gun, watch

FULL SET: Loose hair sculpt, suit jacket, white shirt, suit pants, tie, dork clothes, shoes, gun, watch, dance hand

DX or EXTRA "a la carte" sculpt: Ponytail sculpt (+ full set stuff if DX)

This way every taste is covered for all 3 full looks :dunno (except the dork clothes won’t be “full” because you’d need flip flops; and that’s just the start to that can of worms)

:goodpost: The DX headsculpt makes a ton of sense, more so than the past two releases with the same DX option. There would be a ton of incentive for all DX buyers to pick up the 2nd outfit set by including the 2nd sculpt and hand.

:goodpost: The DX headsculpt makes a ton of sense, more so than the past two releases with the same DX option. There would be a ton of incentive for all DX buyers to pick up the 2nd outfit set by including the 2nd sculpt and hand.

OV CAWRSE!

I just hope that time isn't the factor. If he makes the ponytail sculpt available he'd definitely need to beef up the JRS clothes set ES.

Now why would I keep it all for myself when there are too many others here that want one too. I'd feel responsible to spread love ;)

70 painted headsculpt by one man with an additional 55 cut & sew trenchcoats is what we're only asking for? With a 30-45 day turnover deadline!!!

When does the fatigue set in? Where we start to get really dissimilar paint jobs or uneven eye symmetry? Or collars that don't size up correctly.

Last edited:
70 painted headsculpt by one man and 55 trenchcoat cut & sew is what where only asking for.

When does the fatigue set in? Where we start to get dissimilar paint jobs or uneven eye symmetry?

We're not asking for it for free :dunno.

I don't know why you don't want to see it happen. Everyone is entitled to their own preference but I have to believe that you're chasing the option that makes the least sense of the two (dork clothes or trench coat).

I'm not looking for a Pepsi challenge because I'm not hoping to see one without the other. I'd like to see both sets of clothes included in an option that makes sense. But I'll still bet my d__k against a penny that if it went to a vote, the raincoat would win by a wopping landslide :D

I'm not gonna fret over all these options and confusion over them. I am confident things with work themselves out and make sense, at least I hope so. I want to thank all those trying to get changes made and convincing Rainman to make them.

Now why would I keep it all for myself when there are too many others here that want one too. I'd feel responsible to spread love ;)

:lecture

you're only after the best product possible for everyone and not serving your own selfish wants.

I'm not gonna fret over all these options and confusion over them. I am confident things with work themselves out and make sense, at least I hope so. I want to thank all those trying to get changes made and convincing Rainman to make them.

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

..and of course Rainman for throwing his WIPs out there for comment/feedback/whining :)

I'm more confused than ever.

Where does the price say $520?
All I see is outfit sets for $400 that say that the painted head is included in the parts list.

So the Outfit set 2 jumped from $250 to $400 today, correct? Maybe he did that to account for the increased painted head sculpt cost discussed in his e-mail, and so the head will be included! [/wishful thinking]

Confused as well, do both $400 outfit sets now serve as a the typical H+C set (usually $500+)?

you're only after the best product possible for everyone and not serving your own selfish wants.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlzHK3mYatA[/ame]

You can't make 100% of the crowd happy every time but I'd like to see as many people walk away in a win-win situation as possible; including Rainman

Confused as well, do both $400 outfit sets now serve as a the typical H+C set (usually $500+)?

I think the new way of things will be $400 for clothes only & $520 for H&Cs

I think the new way of things will be $400 for clothes only & $520 for H&Cs

Thanks! That sounds more logical, as the full set only has 1 set of outfits so the math wouldn't add up if I could technically get 2 headsculpts and 2 outfits for 400 + 400.

We're not asking for it for free :dunno.

I don't know why you don't want to see it happen. Everyone is entitled to their own preference but I have to believe that you're chasing the option that makes the least sense of the two (dork clothes or trench coat).

I'm not looking for a Pepsi challenge because I'm not hoping to see one without the other. I'd like to see both sets of clothes included in an option that makes sense. But I'll still bet my d__k against a penny that if it went to a vote, the raincoat would win by a wopping landslide :D

Pop, we didn't get the TrenchCoat it's not on the Menu my brother...The order is up already, there was no real WIP input for this like Anton remember? If yours is a last minute effort to include all the "Bells & Whistles" then I applaud you for it. But are you willing to risk a drop in paint quality or clothing because you want more, more, more? 70 painted headsculpts/55-60 additional trenchcoats plus different suits and beach clothes all within a 45 Day turnover! :1-1: C'mon.

He's 1 Man.... not a sweatshop or Santa with a bunch of Elves.

Last edited:
Rainman PLEASE include Tshirt and Shorts as full set Special item!

96520A1F-C5ED-4018-81DD-74BE8FD9D4F6-69-000001B6175F866F.jpg

EC82AC21-D089-4C2D-BB08-7EFEB58C3CC7-69-000001B629D72175.jpg

Not gonna happen homie.....although I wish it did.

Pop, we didn't get the TrenchCoat it's not on the Menu my brother...The order is up already, there was no WIP input for this like Anton remember? If yours is a last minute effort to include all the "Bells & Whistles" then I applaud you for it. But are you willing to risk a drop in paint quality or clothing because you want more, more, more? :1-1: C'mon.

He's 1 man not a sweatshop.

You got your wish despite SR telling you it won't happen, you really want to tell others now what's what? :dunno

Wish, what wish? Dude why are you trying to pick a fight? I'm not game for it. That clothing set ALREADY EXISTED!!!!!!

It wasn't included in the fullset, that's what the ENTIRE PUSH was for!!! Your arguing about a trenchcoat that DOESN'T EVEN EXIST! How hard is that to understand? Shall I explain it to you again?

20130301085733cont_zpsc4527686-Copy3_zps256eeaa3.jpg

It does seem like a weird 'do' as well, with the long lengths that drape to the nape of the neck being dressed over the hair that drapes down to the shoulders. I don't have a screen reference pic in front of me, but I'd imagined the hair draping to the shoulders would be cleanly swept straight back from the top of the head. Unless...?

Back