Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that we are noticing things, his hair is not black but dark brown, plus his eyebrows are too bushy, they should be toned down a bit. The black makes them stand out too much.

Pop, we didn't get the TrenchCoat it's not on the Menu my brother...The order is up already, there was no real WIP input for this like Anton remember? If yours is a last minute effort to include all the "Bells & Whistles" then I applaud you for it. But are you willing to risk a drop in paint quality or clothing because you want more, more, more? 70 painted headsculpts/55-60 additional trenchcoats plus different suits and beach clothes all within a 45 Day turnover! :1-1: C'mon.

He's 1 Man.... not a sweatshop or Santa with a bunch of Elves.

You know that I'm trying for the 5 seconds left Hail Mary! :lol

JP, remember what the big talk was from the beginning. "They're bashable for cheap, they won't be worth Rainman $$$, guys in black suits with guns"...and so on. The structure of the set is proving all those guys right to a certain extent; especially for the lack of accessories. To be Rainman worthy this should've been a DX from day one. The demand is here. The figure screams for it. There are a good amount of people who want a 2nd sculpt and a raincoat. Why are you so worried?

He paints and sculpts. The tailor will handle her work load and that has nothing to do with wearing him down. Aeon will carry her weight. A DX set with 2 sculpts isn't anything that hasn't been done before; it's not The Man's first rodeo.

If the interest is there and we're waving our green paper, let us see if it's something that he will consider. Nobody wants to see you get less than you’re hoping for my man. Have no fear, your paint will be stellar your dork clothes will be crispy and my rants will have no effect on the quality of your set. I promise :1-1:

Last edited:
20130301085733cont_zpsc4527686-Copy3_zps256eeaa3.jpg

It does seem like a weird 'do' as well, with the long lengths that drape to the nape of the neck being dressed over the hair that drapes down to the shoulders. I don't have a screen reference pic in front of me, but I'd imagined the hair draping to the shoulders would be cleanly swept straight back from the top of the head. Unless...?

Love that profile tho!

I think that the bottom of the hair isn't bad. It's definitely passable; it goes over the collar well and it seems like it doesn't totally destroy articulation. If he is going to spend time fixing anything about the hair I'd hope that he can smooth out the transition to where the new inserts meet the flow of the old ponytail sculpt.

Now that we are noticing things, his hair is not black but dark brown, plus his eyebrows are too bushy, they should be toned down a bit. The black makes them stand out too much.

Agreed

I think it looks good. Shoulder-length hair is most likely quite difficult to pull off in this situation but I'm very happy with it.

Such a great movie. Back in the pre-DVD days, I special ordered the letterboxed version of the VHS from the Suncoast so I could see the film as Tarantino intended.

another small nit pick.. it seems vince's hair is a bit too long, Rainmans hair seems to go down past vinces shoulders..

17296-15365.gif

20130301085733cont_zpsc4527686-Copy2_zpsd1a3ab38.jpg

What amazes me is that Rainman actually made John Travolta easy to look at.
Way to go Rainman

What amazes me is that Rainman actually made John Travolta easy to look at.
Way to go Rainman

It really is the most incredible sculpt :rock

I think it's Rainman's best by far! I really think it surpasses Bill and Anton.

Back