Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the only difference $20? Are there certificates for the H&C?

Only Rainman figure I have is Doc Holliday... and I had to buy it indirectly since I couldn't get an account up and running in time. Sooooo I don't even get it credited for VIP :(

Well, you save $20 with the H&C set, but you also get different certificates. I think you'll get one for the regular clothing set too. The H&C set is limited to 20 pieces. Not sure what the regular set is limited to as I haven't checked, but I think it said or someone mentioned 10? I never bought a painted head alone yet, so I don't know if you get a certificate for that, but I don't think you do as I'm not sure about the number run for those.
And I'm in deeper as far as buying Rainman figures indirectly! I should've been a VIP at least 3 times over by now had I bought my stuff directly. So I know how you feel! :slap

Sounds like you just got the regular Clothing set and separate Painted head. The actual H&C set can be found on the "Figure Loose Parts" section. This set is now sold out as of this writing, but the painted head and regular Clothing set are still up.

I wish I would have known that. I kept waiting for it to pop up on the main page, but when it didn't I got the clothing set and the head separate figuring that's how it was handled this time. I ordered in plenty of time, at around 8:01 Central. So it cost me an extra $20, but I guess that's $20 closer to VIP.

Now bring on Jules.

That's right! We have Dancing Vince to look forward too! So at least a total of 3 Vincents we can bash from Rainman's work. Gangster Vince, Dork Vince, and Dancing Vince!

As much as i'd like to, I just cant afford multiple Vinces, especially at Rainman prices :monkey2

I'll just get the main look for Vince, which is the gangster outfit, and display it with Jules. Might get Mia too, if I can swing it, but the dance Vince is almost a pass at this point. Its a good idea that Rainman made 2 separate version of Vince, that way the folks who missed out on the gangster ver can still get a shot at the Dance ver and pose it with Mia.

This is a great and excellent choice to start the new year, kudos to Rainman :rock

Relax, turbo. Rainman average like what, 7-8 figures per year? Im pretty sure after hes done with 3 more of PF figures, he'll be open to suggestions. :wave

Yeah, it really is a great choice for a figure in hindsight, even though I was one who questioned it early on because of the simplicity/easy bashability of the outfit. A real crowd-pleaser, obviously as iconic a character as you're gonna get in the "cult" movie genre that Rainman has been pulled into. And of course, excellently executed. I'm excited about having a nice detolf shelf devoted to this great film.

Well, you save $20 with the H&C set, but you also get different certificates. I think you'll get one for the regular clothing set too. The H&C set is limited to 20 pieces. Not sure what the regular set is limited to as I haven't checked, but I think it said or someone mentioned 10? I never bought a painted head alone yet, so I don't know if you get a certificate for that, but I don't think you do as I'm not sure about the number run for those.
And I'm in deeper as far as buying Rainman figures indirectly! I should've been a VIP at least 3 times over by now had I bought my stuff directly. So I know how you feel! :slap
Yeah, the outfits by themselves are limited to 10. So, he produced 65 total outfits for this release. Painted heads do not come with certificates on their own.

Just realized I had a painted head in my cart, just got rid of it. There's one for someone!

Last edited:
I'm so happy I got the H+C set. I passed on the short/tshirt set for now....although I'm sure I'll regret it later on. I really can't wait for Jules. Hopefully he does a Mia and I am definitely in on the ver.2 Vincent w/ ponytail headsculpt and dance clothing.

Just realized I had a painted head in my cart, just got rid of it. There's one for someone!

Don't think having in cart reserves it. I still had apparently up to today, Anton in my cart...the website is a little wierd, after checking out and paying, stuff stays in the cart for some reason (at least for me).

Sorry if I keep bothering people with this request, but I'm worried it'll get buried in the pages. Any chance someone in contact with Rainman can ask him how which body he's using for the full sets? Any padding?

Thanks Emarae! Btw... love your youtube videos!!

I know how you feel. I am a VIP now but I did purchase my "Dude" figure as well as my Marty McFly clothing/Sosa Headsculpt set aftermarket. Hell, my "Dude" figure (painted by SilentSurfer) alone was nearly half of what it takes to be a VIP.

Its $60 pick it up! Need to have the option to display them that way.

Ordered! While I doubt I'll ever get tired of the Vincent in the suit, it'll be fun to have him displayed next to Jules in the tshirt/shorts set....especially since I'll probably be getting Rocco's Mr. White sculpt to make a Mr. Wolfe down the line.

Thanks Emarae! Btw... love your youtube videos!!

This is kinda embarrassing to watch now, but this was done during my first year of hard core 1/6 collecting back in 2011 before I even owned a Rainman piece and I was experimenting with some Epoxy Sculpt. As "rough" as these may look, they still looked pretty bad *** displayed together, so I can only imagine having Rainman's set side by side someday! Not too long after this I think I had my first taste of Rainman's work with Wonka (my first official RM purchase) and Alex which I bought aftermarket with no regrets! :wink1:

[ame]https://youtu.be/24XR1t3a0tU[/ame]

I know how you feel. I am a VIP now but I did purchase my "Dude" figure as well as my Marty McFly clothing/Sosa Headsculpt set aftermarket. Hell, my "Dude" figure (painted by SilentSurfer) alone was nearly half of what it takes to be a VIP.

I heard that! SilentSurfer is one guy who can take RM's sculpt even further with his amazing paint work. He's done wonders for my McFly and Audrey Hepburn. I wish I had him do my Dude figure as well. I'm sure some great Vincent Vegas will be passing through his hands when the time comes and will surely knock people's socks off once again! Definitely looking forward to seeing those too!

Guys do you get a painted head with the gangster set 1 I could do with knowing incase I need to grab a head

Back