[Rainman Artwork]The Butcher "Bill 2nd"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Rainman Artwork]The Butcher V2

Would this be something that people would interested in having both available?
Kind of like the driver/soldier figures?

1)Plaid pants with apron and sharpening stone.
2)Green stripes and club

The main offering is solid with the Green Stripes combo especially if he's considering Monks "45 Notch" shillelagh
Sharpening stone should automatically be included as well.

You would need different shoes for the Burberry plaid combo to work. Maybe offer it separately as an outfit ONLY bonus. Vest,pants,apron, new shoes.

Last edited:

Would personally prefer it if this offering was just kept simple. Outfit choice is good as it is. Don't see the strong need for a DX or double release like with Bickle.

Yeah, I don't think this figure warrants multiple outfits for the regular release like Bickle (where it was much more important). He isn't widely associated with one specific outfit over another, beyond the fight scene outfit from the beginning which Rainman already did. Having said that, there could be enough demand for this figure to warrant that.

I agree the fancier vest/plaid pants outfit is much more visually interesting, plus you have the option to display him with the butchers apron. The monk scene may be more memorable, but the outfit is not. Id be in for the reproduction of both outfits though!

He plans to use the shoes from the previous release which are not correct for the checker pants look. May be a factor for some.

I really don't feel like spending more than $800 on this. I'm sharing my reference material with Rainman so that he can use it for the frock coat tailoring. The Green Stripe combo WITH "45 Notch" Shillelagh is the way to go.

When the smoke clears on this I want to approach Yunsil about possibly doing it as long as Rainman is ok with that. Maybe you do the different shoes Robbie?

Any possibility or interest in the claypipe being made and the sculpt slightly modded like Plainview to hide the pipe stem underneath the mustache? That Bill sculpt expression is PERFECT for the claypipe!

The "45" shillelagh, the claypipe, and the knifestone would be such a classy offering.

Challenge Accepted.
84867A7D-6AB1-4501-A663-88D72062ED2B-857-000003E24F78CDB4_zps5ed567eb.jpg

Last edited:
[Rainman Artwork]The Butcher V2

I really don't feel like spending more than $800 on this. I'm sharing my reference material with Rainman so that he can use it for the frock coat tailoring. The Green Stripe combo WITH "45 Notch" Shillelagh is the way to go.

However, after the smoke clears on this I want to approach Yunsil about possibly doing it as long as Rainman is ok with that.

Agree totally
think that would be best so we aren't spending more than $800 on this keep it simple and affordable and if people want the second outfit later on yes contact yunsil , just my opinion of course .

i think a more fair price for this would be $700 considering were getting recycled shoes and head sculpt.

Or, even better, a discount offered to those who bought the previous fullset.

OR even better, a pat on the back for those who bought the previous FS and didn't scramble to try to sell it as soon as this project was announced...

i think a more fair price for this would be $700 considering were getting recycled shoes and head sculpt.
Look at what happened with the Pulp Fiction guys. Rainman prices are gonna go up before they go down. New work, complexity, accessories, and other factors don't really seem to matter.

I also prefer the "other" outfit.
If there is a run for the alternate outfit after the figure is released you can count me in for one.

I didn't really follow Raiman closely when he was releasing the Fight Club figures, but weren't there two versions of Tyler and he reused that head but with different hair? So it's been done before.

Variants are part of collecting and honestly aside from making it a bit smaller I don't think he could really improve upon his Bill, it's an incredible sculpt so seems like a natural one to reuse.

so guys your expert guess is that this figure would cost around 700-800$ ?

so guys your expert guess is that this figure would cost around 700-800$ ?

You’ve been frequenting the Iminime & Rainman threads a lot. Better late than never :). Welcome to the party brother :duff

I don't know why he took all the prices for the full sets down from his site but you can got to "figure loose parts" and see what the H&C and clothes sets were going for.

Since the first offerings there has been a little inflation as time went on (the site is 5 years old so the earliest pieces like the Gunmen & Fight Club guys are from back then), but the standard retail price over the last year & a half has been $820 for regular full sets and $1000 for DX's. Bickle's set was a bit more because it included more than the usual set does and there were different "package" options that was different than the way he normally offers things (Driver FS, Soldier FS, Double set w/ both versions, Double DX set).

It's a fair guess that $820 is what the full set will go for and the 1/2 sets will probably be the same as they've recently been. Those prices don't include shipping

Or, even better, a discount offered to those who bought the previous fullset.

OR even better, a pat on the back for those who bought the previous FS and didn't scramble to try to sell it as soon as this project was announced...

Sanctimonious *****

Well done chili, are you sitting there waiting for your pat?

Would this be something that people would interested in having both available?
Kind of like the driver/soldier figures?

1)Plaid pants with apron and sharpening stone.
2)Green stripes and club

I'd definitely be interested in that. I like the idea of the Monk kill outfit as the default full set look but it's a great idea to have the plaid pants and that vest as an add-on. Really that's the best way to make everyone happy. I hope he realizes how important Monk's shillelagh is to be paired with the chosen outfit. That's something that should really be included in all sets, and not just be the full set secret item.

I think ideally the best way to cover all tastes, wants and budgets would be: FULL SET - Monk kill outfit, Monk's shillelagh, knife belt, hat, shoes; FS ITEM - sharpening tool. ADD-ON - vest, plaid pants & apron

makes sense... i also agree that the monk h and c should have the shillelagh... else its a total miss and incomplete...

I'd definitely be interested in that. I like the idea of the Monk kill outfit as the default full set look but it's a great idea to have the plaid pants and that vest as an add-on. Really that's the best way to make everyone happy. I hope he realizes how important Monk's shillelagh is to be paired with the chosen outfit. That's something that should really be included in all sets, and not just be the full set secret item.

I think ideally the best way to cover all tastes, wants and budgets would be: FULL SET - Monk kill outfit, Monk's shillelagh, knife belt, hat, shoes; FS ITEM - sharpening tool. ADD-ON - vest, plaid pants & apron

You’ve been frequenting the Iminime & Rainman threads a lot. Better late than never :). Welcome to the party brother :duff

I don't know why he took all the prices for the full sets down from his site but you can got to "figure loose parts" and see what the H&C and clothes sets were going for.

Since the first offerings there has been a little inflation as time went on (the site is 5 years old so the earliest pieces like the Gunmen & Fight Club guys are from back then), but the standard retail price over the last year & a half has been $820 for regular full sets and $1000 for DX's. Bickle's set was a bit more because it included more than the usual set does and there were different "package" options that was different than the way he normally offers things (Driver FS, Soldier FS, Double set w/ both versions, Double DX set).

It's a fair guess that $820 is what the full set will go for and the 1/2 sets will probably be the same as they've recently been. Those prices don't include shipping

hehehe thank you very much my fellow figure freak hehe Yes indeed ive been frequenting Iminime and Rainman threads because almost a year ago i picked up this hobby again after almost 15 years in the wild :p and after 60 Hot Toys/Enterbay/Sideshow and 300 7inch figures, i got to a point where i wanted more, i wanted sthg personal, sthg amazing, sthg not mainstream.... so started digging on facebook and bumped into Marf Master on facebook and Ajkhunter on instagram, and after seeing their collections i was mesmerized :p which lead me to this forum :)

and the custom figures i liked were from iminime and Rainman :p

im happy to be here among you guys and hopefully will be able to build my collection with you guys with amazing custom figures :)

makes sense... i also agree that the monk h and c should have the shillelagh... else its a total miss and incomplete...

I'm sure it's not intentional but he tends to structure his sets in a way that doesn't always make the most sense and sometimes leaves people missing something essential (i.e. if the shillelagh was the FS item). That's why I always throw those packages structure ideas out there hoping that they’ll make a bulb light up; I try to weigh out the essentials, the majority's want's and votes and the various price points that cater to the different customer budgets. I know it's impossible to make 100% of the crowd happy but if you could cover 95%....

Back