[Rainman Artwork]The Butcher "Bill 2nd"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Rainman Artwork]The Butcher V2

What's all this flipping talk going on in here?? :cuckoo:

I don't see or know ANYONE that intentionally buys Rainman, Beto, or Iminime figures to flip them here. Every Rainman piece I've sold for profit were from members BEGGING me to sell it to them or just offered a price I couldn't refuse. I rather not go into detail about my dealings, because frankly it's my business, but that's how most of my Rainman figures were sold. Yes, I sold a few that I put a price on but none that were outrageously over priced. And not only that, I had them for quite some time. Years, I would say. If someone wants sell something that's doubled in price, why the hell not? :dunno If a person is offering crazy money for a figure and you don't mind selling it, let the hardcore fan have it.

A flipper is someone that solely buys to immediately resell for a profit. I don't see ANY of that going on on SSF. Not one person can I say I've noticed that has that habit. :lecture

Hope we get that pocket watch.

What's all this flipping talk going on in here?? :cuckoo:

I don't see or know ANYONE that intentionally buys Rainman, Beto, or Iminime figures to flip them here. Every Rainman piece I've sold for profit were from members BEGGING me to sell it to them or just offered a price I couldn't refuse. I rather not go into detail about my dealings, because frankly it's my business, but that's how most of my Rainman figures were sold. Yes, I sold a few that I put a price on but none that were outrageously over priced. And not only that, I had them for quite some time. Years, I would say. If someone wants sell something that's doubled in price, why the hell not? :dunno If a person is offering crazy money for a figure and you don't mind selling it, let the hardcore fan have it.

A flipper is someone that solely buys to immediately resell for a profit. I don't see ANY of that going on on SSF. Not one person can I say I've noticed that has that habit. :lecture

I don't think anyone is saying getting crazy money for a Rainman figure is flipping, and definitely no one is saying you do it, I think people mean when a member gets the figure and then sells it that week, or ive seen some people even sell their figure (Bickle) before they had it in hand. But we should focus on Butcher V2 thats what im excited about.

I don't think anyone is saying getting crazy money for a Rainman figure is flipping, and definitely no one is saying you do it, I think people mean when a member get the figure and then sells it that week, or ive seen some people even sell their figure (Bickle) before they had it in hand. But we should focus on Butcher V2 thats what im excited about.

I saw that happen. But if I'm not mistaken, they were selling at the same cost as RM. Possibly even taking a loss. I can't remember. PLUS they were H&C sets. Who cares about those sets. :dunno

Point is, no one is "flipping" on SSF. People that order and have to resell for whatever reason, sell at cost or take a loss. I don't see flipping habits going on on this forum. Period.

I saw that happen. But if I'm not mistaken, they were selling at the same cost as RM. Possibly even taking a loss. I can't remember. PLUS they were H&C sets. Who cares about those sets. :dunno

Point is, no one is "flipping" on SSF. People that order and have to resell for whatever reason, sell at cost or take a loss. I don't see flipping habits going on on this forum. Period.

Well not even flipping for a profit, though that negates the term flipping, what I get annoyed at is people selling before they receive it, or selling it the same week they received it, whether for retail or higher, because it really hurts others from getting it when they want to at the PO period which could hurt them tracking it down afterwards from those said "flippers".

The hard part is some are buying extras and then releasing them or selling them after. Caused people to miss out.

The hard part is some are buying extras and then releasing them or selling them after. Caused people to miss out.

Yes this! I think people need to think about others and themselves, don't buy it if you can't afford it in a week, don't buy it if you aren't even that into it and plan on just selling it if you get it inhand and don't like it, it really hurts others chances who really really want it.

Well not even flipping for a profit, though that negates the term flipping, what I get annoyed at is people selling before they receive it, or selling it the same week they received it, whether for retail or higher, because it really hurts others from getting it when they want to at the PO period which could hurt them tracking it down afterwards from those said "flippers".

That's not the kind of flipping we're talking about here though. And I can see your frustration with people that do that. But have you maybe considered that they may not have liked it in hand or just really regretted buying it. I've done that with Jules. I lost on that set. It happens.

Like I said though, I don't see people doing that often to were you would consider them to be flippers.

Last edited:

That's not the kind of flipping we're talking about here though. And I can see your frustration with people that do that. But have you maybe considered that they may not have liked it in hand or just really regretted buying it. I've done that with Jules. I lost on that set. I didn't even get back what I paid. It happens.

Like I said though, I don't see people doing that often to were you would consider them to be flippers.

Yes I do think people do that, where they get it in hand and regret it, and that is ok to a certain extent, people should think hard about it before they press add to cart if they are that uncertain, I mean this is a lot of money to take that chance on, but different people have different incomes so like I said I guess thats a gray area but not sure with the past RM releases because ive only been around for Anton, Pulp Boys, and Bickle, but with Bickle it was crazy how many people sold it prior to getting it. And I did see alot of that on SSF along with eBay.

Yes I do think people do that, where they get it in hand and regret it, and that is ok to a certain extent, people should think hard about it before they press add to cart if they are that uncertain, I mean this is a lot of money to take that chance on, but different people have different incomes so like I said I guess thats a gray area but not sure with the past RM releases because ive only been around for Anton, Pulp Boys, and Bickle, but with Bickle it was crazy how many people sold it prior to getting it. And I did see alot of that on SSF along with eBay.

OK so let's see. Have you seen any one member that's bought the Anton, PF boys, and Bickle sell them either the week they got it or even before they got it? I seriously doubt it. :lol

OK so let's see. Have you seen any one member that's bought the Anton, PF boys, and Bickle sell them either the week they got it or even before they got it? I seriously doubt it. :lol

Sorry if I am not being clear, I moved on from the flippers discussion, what ive been talking about recently in this thread, like I said I might of not been clear is my annoyance of people taking PO spots and making it harder for the people who really want said figure, I am not calling any single member out or even saying that any member has does this on numerous rainman releases, I am saying as in a whole I don't like seeing people sell before they even receive the figure or within the first week, which happened a lot during bickles release because it made it harder for others who really wanted bickle to get him.

I understand what you're saying Andrew. But I don't think people should be banned for doing it once. :lol

I understand what you're saying Andrew. But I don't think people should be banned for doing it once. :lol

I never said ban those people for doing it once haha, I never even said ban anyone for doing anything haha, if you go back to everyone of my comments you can see I was just pointing out that technically I could see why people would want to ban those people and the reasoning behind doing so. What I did say though is I get annoyed at those people because like I said it stops others who really wanted the figure from being able to get it at PO time.

Just watched this scene again, going to be hard to turn down this outfit.
the cut and draped vents at the back will be amazing. can't wait.
Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 12.38.08 AM.jpg
Can we expect a Club with 45 notches? :pray:

Ufff the club would be nice

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Back