[Rainman Artwork]The Butcher "Bill 2nd"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Rainman Artwork]The Butcher V2

This look please:

5ccb74b09a2104c1f42cb0956328314c_zps7e936492.jpg

aff37043f61513116d000f04ae9733c6_zps9a2e5173.jpg

Very hopeful it will be as he's making the knife belt again.

This IS the look!:clap

Narrow shoulder worked great for the first Bill. TTM-21 would be as wrong as it was for Deniro. . .but I reckon that's what he is going to use, anyway.

Narrow shoulder worked great for the first Bill. TTM-21 would be as wrong as it was for Deniro. . .but I reckon that's what he is going to use, anyway.

Not if we bring it to his attention! He used the KO on Plainview and sure I made a stink about it but in retrospect it was the right move. He said that he didn't want to use a cheap body that would disappoint people anymore so that's why Jules ended up on the EB instead of the KO. If the consensus is the KO is the right move and we pass along the message that no one will be disappointed with that, then I'm sure he'd be comfortable doing it.

It's all about the tailoring. If the KO Narrow is the model then we could always upgrade and swap later if need be, but if the clothes are fitted for the 21 then there's no going back. If the latest versions are as good as the one that came with Plainview, then most people won't even feel the need to upgrade; those were solid enough that most people didn't even realize they were KO's.

I know there are a lot of folks dead against the KO's but just think about it guys; once it's fit for a body that too big, that'll be that. The physique will never look like this on a 21:

Last edited:

in full agreement with Mike when it comes to the body type

Rainman also very cleverly scaled the head larger on the original Bill to give the body the skinnier look, which im sure he'll do again. A knockoff TT regular is the way to go.

So no one knows what outfit it will be? Still up in the air?

I was a little confused as he posted both the hat and the sharpening tool.

Maybe someone can shed some light on the clothing

Right; of course. There's no way to set real parameters because I think a lot of situations vary from case to case, but I think in most times it's kind of clear who's who. There's a lot of grey area so I don't know where to draw the line but I can tell you that people selling before even receiving would definitely make the cut as far as I'm concerned

why dont you just blow the whistle on these people and put their names here or sthg and then rainman or anyone else would know...

I don't mean to stir **** but there's no way to stop reselling/scalping. They go through the same process as us, sometimes do even more to get what they want and at the end of the day, it's fair game. It sucks but it happens. You can't ban people from buying a figure because they will resell it because they have the right to do what they want with their figure. Lee can up his production numbers to even the odds a bit but everything is a double edged sword, you win some you lose some :(

I don't mean to stir **** but there's no way to stop reselling/scalping. They go through the same process as us, sometimes do even more to get what they want and at the end of the day, it's fair game. It sucks but it happens. You can't ban people from buying a figure because they will resell it because they have the right to do what they want with their figure. Lee can up his production numbers to even the odds a bit but everything is a double edged sword, you win some you lose some :(

True you can't stop it but yes you could ban people for it, well Dave can, he bans people known for recasting heads. Now with your logic people can recast heads because they have the right to do what they want with their figure, but that doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it something we should be ok with and turn our backs to.

my apologies, I misread, I thought you meant Lee would ban people from buying the figure. You can ban people on SSF for it but SSF is so so small compared to Ebay and other places who don't give :( But we do what we can i guess.

my apologies, I misread, I thought you meant Lee would ban people from buying the figure. You can ban people on SSF for it but SSF is so so small compared to Ebay and other places who don't give :( But we do what we can i guess.

Wasn't me who brought up the banning thing haha but ya my comment wasn't meant for rainman but for SSF, cause im guessing thats what others were referring to since they see the same members flipping the figures on the 1/6 for sale threads.

True you can't stop it but yes you could ban people for it, well Dave can, he bans people known for recasting heads. Now with your logic people can recast heads because they have the right to do what they want with their figure, but that doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it something we should be ok with and turn our backs to.
That's an apples and oranges type comparison. In one case, you are taking away profit from an artist by essentially "stealing" their work for profit. In the other case, folks could ultimately create a type of investment "bubble" like we saw with comics and baseball cards in the 1990s that could harm the artists. But the behavior of a handful of Rainman customers is a far cry from that. The community isn't really harmed in the latter case, apart from a handful of folks like Pop who may miss out on a figure when it's available so someone else can come along and sell it for profit. I don't think those who come in late in the game are entitled to anything personally--all of us have been in those shoes at some point--the market is the market at that point.

And I'm certainly not defending anyone who does buy with the sole intention of "flipping." I think that's lame. But to my eyes it's 100 times worse to recast. One certainly is a bannable offense, the other clearly isn't.

That's an apples and oranges type comparison. In one case, you are taking away profit from an artist by essentially "stealing" their work for profit. In the other case, folks could ultimately create a type of investment "bubble" like we saw with comics and baseball cards in the 1990s that could harm the artists. But the behavior of a handful of Rainman customers is a far cry from that. The community isn't really harmed in the latter case, apart from a handful of folks like Pop who may miss out on a figure when it's available so someone else can come along and sell it for profit. I don't think those who come in late in the game are entitled to anything personally--all of us have been in those shoes at some point--the market is the market at that point.

And I'm certainly not defending anyone who does buy with the sole intention of "flipping." I think that's lame. But to my eyes it's 100 times worse to recast. One certainly is a bannable offense, the other clearly isn't.

Ya I agree with you and I am in no rush to start a witch hunt haha, I was just pointing out why people might want to ban flippers and providing some "validation" for doing so, thats why I wrote "could" or "well Dave can". I am in agreement with you that recasting is far worse I just hate flipping too.

Rainman just confirmed on Facebook, this is the look, picture he posted himself:

"Target is this." -Lee

c9fk.jpg

Very happy with this choice!

Rainman just confirmed on Facebook, this is the look, picture he posted himself:

"Target is this." -Lee

c9fk.jpg

Can you please share the link of rainman facebook page?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Back