[Rainman Artwork]The Butcher "Bill 2nd"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Rainman Artwork]The Butcher V2

billthebutcher.jpg

This vest is so much better!

the-butcher-in-town-gangs-of-new-york.jpg

agree, the vest looks great!

[Rainman Artwork]The Butcher V2

It is a nice vest indeed but he is not doing that outfit :)

Have to agree with jp I hope we get that notched club as part of the set ,, if not I'll be knocking on master Robbies door .

No disrespect to Robbie, but that Notch club screams to be made by Rainman. It's a fullset let's keep it a pure fullset. I don't want a Robbie version, I want a Rainman version. It's the only redeemable excuse for a re-used head sculpt, hat, shoes, belt, knives and because of that worthy of that Rainman treatment.

That's a concern I share. Just because the first figure did so well, it's likely people will jump in on pre-orders just because they think they could flip it.
That's going to kill a few folks chances who genuinely want the figure.

Completely agree. This is what happens though unfortunately.

People will sell them straight after release though. You'd be amazed how many people suffer from a financial crisis when custom figures are released.

I just hope that people that actually plan on keeping it, will be the ones that buy. There was a lot of buying and selling on the Driver.

Seriously! Flippers and people caught up in the hype FALL BACK!! Go flip some HT that are produced by the 1000's, not something that is 1/30! :mad: It's that kind of crap that screws it up for the serious buyers that want the piece for their collection... and will still actually own it in a year.That kind of BS is why I almost missed out on Bickle. Luckily I had help from fellow Freaks to pull it all together and if it weren't for them I would've missed out… but if it wasn't for the extra hands in the cookie jar, I wouldn't have had to rely on anyone's help in the first place

Im excited for Butcher version 2:yess: Maybe Rainman will do a Milkshake Man Version 2, so I don't Have to Pay 4k for One:monkey3 :lol

IDK what version you're looking for but there will likely be a run of his charcoal suit so all you'd need is a painted sculpt. Keep your eye on that tread :wink1:

Rainman did previously say he would create a ban list as a result of all the people who ordered multiples and let the figures sit without paying. I hope he keeps his word on that.

Seriously! Flippers and people caught up in the hype FALL BACK!! Go flip some HT that are produced by the 1000's, not something that is 1/30! :mad: It's that kind of crap that screws it up for the serious buyers that want the piece for their collection... and will still actually own it in a year.That kind of BS is why I almost missed out on Bickle. Luckily I had help from fellow Freaks to pull it all together and if it weren't for them I would've missed out… but if it wasn't for the extra hands in the cookie jar, I wouldn't have had to rely on anyone's help in the first place

HT aren't worth crap anymore, people saw the profits on these customs and will gravitate towards them. Something you buy for 400-500 hundred bucks can sell for 3000 dollars? (DXcowboy). Wonka going for 5-6K?! What flipper wouldn't jump on this gravy train. :(

i agree, this whole false demand spike due to flippers creates a lot of nervousness for collectors like me as well. I am a newbee in the custom scale but have bought many in the past few months. I also at times struggle on money but i dont buy anything to flip. if i have no money i let it pass and buy if and when i can and sometimes we all will miss stuff and thats fine. However its a different challenge when people miss stuff only cause people wanna flip and that is unfair - also may be rainman can maintain a flip list :(...

on a different note ... so do you guys think a clothing set run will happen for the older costume as well? along with this new release? i better start saving more money... grrrrrrrrrrrr...

No disrespect to Robbie, but that Notch club screams to be made by Rainman. It's a fullset let's keep it a pure fullset. I don't want a Robbie version, I want a Rainman version. It's the only redeemable excuse for a re-used head sculpt, hat, shoes, belt, knives and because of that worthy of that Rainman treatment.

Agree with you there but disagree with you on the plaid pants Dandy version. The version that VM did is no doubt the jazziest shelf popping choice of the lot, but there are two things to consider. One... it's been done and I think that RM going a different direction respects Scott's work and also respects the collectability of his offering. Two, it really doesn't warrant any accessories so even what Scott included with it is inaccurate. Bill never wore his knife belt with that suit.

On the same side of that coin, the sharpening tool that RM teased is equally unfitting because it never appears with the Monk murder outfit.

I think when you weigh out the fact that VM already tackled that suit and you look at what runner up suits warrant accessories, the Monk outfit is probably the best choice for RM. I don't really understand that sharpening tool making the cut but I just hope that he realizes that Monk's shillelagh is a very important accessory for this version

HT aren't worth crap anymore, people saw the profits on these customs and will gravitate towards them. Something you buy for 400-500 hundred bucks can sell for 3000 dollars? (DXcowboy). Wonka going for 5-6K?! What flipper wouldn't jump on this gravy train. :(

It really is too bad. I completely understand when people genuinely hit financial trouble and are forced to sell but it's usually pretty clear who is genuine and who is a usual suspect.

A flipper/double dipper/dead beat ban list would be beautiful :D

It is a nice vest indeed but he is not doing that outfit :)
How many times has Rainman changed his mind on something, frequently due to collector/customer demand? This isn't set in stone. . .

A flipper. . .ban list would be beautiful :D
Where do you draw that line? If you want to line up all the folks who made profit reselling Rainman figures at some point (even if it was a long way down the road), that's probably 1/2 of his customer base.

Agree with you there but disagree with you on the plaid pants Dandy version. The version that VM did is no doubt the jazziest shelf popping choice of the lot, but there are two things to consider. One... it's been done and I think that RM going a different direction respects Scott's work and also respects the collectability of his offering. Two, it really doesn't warrant any accessories so even what Scott included with it is inaccurate. Bill never wore his knife belt with that suit.

On the same side of that coin, the sharpening tool that RM teased is equally unfitting because it never appears with the Monk murder outfit.
I
I think when you weigh out the fact that VM already tackled that suit and you look at what runner up suits warrant accessories, the Monk outfit is probably the best choice for RM. I don't really understand that sharpening tool making the cut but I just hope that he realizes that Monk's shillelagh is a very important accessory for this version

He didn't wear the belt with the overcoat and burberry plaid ensemble but the flower vest with Burberry plaid goes accurately with the sharpening tool which he has already done. So if he were going the route of accurate to match that sharpening accessory alone, the closest is definitely that flower vest, Burberry plaid combo...throw in the apron which will in fact match with the belt, sharpening tool and vest. This is only based on the presumption that he's not gonna do the notch club. Green strip pants was the more important look for Dandy Bill so I'm game for it, but here's to Monks notch club being included :duff.

As far as being concerned with Velvets previous offering, I'm not sure I agree with you on that because the obvious would have been to do the Notch club in favor of the sharpening tool which Velvet already did. Plus throw in the fact that it's a V2 offering and the Dandy just like Velvet already did as well... Not so sure he's so concerned with that type of stuff but they are friends so I wouldn't see it as any of these same choices being an issue to begin with.

It really is too bad. I completely understand when people genuinely hit financial trouble and are forced to sell but it's usually pretty clear who is genuine and who is a usual suspect.

A flipper/double dipper/dead beat ban list would be beautiful :D

I get having to sell once in a while or if another collector approaches you with an unbelievable offer for something that you know they will appreciate a bit more than you do at the moment. Those are pretty decent sell scenarios but the people who consistently hit financial troubles, like on a quarterly basis. It always starts out "Hate to see this go but....." :lol

Some advice either stop trying to keep up with the joneses or your just flipping and the diehards are possibly missing out.

Last edited:

Where do you draw that line? If you want to line up all the folks who made profit reselling Rainman figures at some point (even if it was a long way down the road), that's probably 1/2 of his customer base.

Right; of course. There's no way to set real parameters because I think a lot of situations vary from case to case, but I think in most times it's kind of clear who's who. There's a lot of grey area so I don't know where to draw the line but I can tell you that people selling before even receiving would definitely make the cut as far as I'm concerned

He didn't wear the belt with the overcoat and burberry plaid ensemble but the flower vest with Burberry plaid goes accurately with the sharpening tool which he has already done. So if he were going the route of accurate to match that sharpening accessory alone, the closest is definitely that flower vest, Burberry plaid combo...throw in the apron which will in fact match with the belt, sharpening tool and vest. This is only based on the presumption that he's not gonna do the notch club. Green strip pants was the more important look for Dandy Bill so I'm game for it, but here's to Monks notch club being included :duff.

As far as being concerned with Velvets previous offering, I'm not sure I agree with you on that because the obvious would have been to do the Notch club in favor of the sharpening tool which Velvet already did. Plus throw in the fact that it's a V2 offering and the Dandy just like Velvet already did as well... Not so sure he's so concerned with that type of stuff but they are friends so I wouldn't see it as any of these same choices being an issue to begin with

I know what you mean but from what I remember the sharpening tool is only fitting for a version where he'd be wearing the apron. I'm pretty sure that of all possible choices, meat slicing Bill in true butcher mode would be on the bottom of everyone's list :lol. It wouldn't be the first time that RM included an accessory that jives with the character but not with the particular outfit. I'm against that being part of the set, I'm just saying that it would be a shame if that makes the cut and the shillelagh doesn't

He alternates between a few different vests, pants, coats and shirts throughout the movie. The coat from the VM version is the same as the one in the Monk scene and the vest from the Monk scene is worn with a few other combinations.

Gonna look amazing on the shelf.

The coat needs to be VERY slim/well cut.

Man that coat will be deal breaker for some, it will be for me. If it doesn't sit right, just can't pull the trigger.

IDK what version you're looking for but there will likely be a run of his charcoal suit so all you'd need is a painted sculpt. Keep your eye on that tread :wink1:

I inquired about Milkshake Man Dx. 4k was asking price. I have my Eye on his charcoal Suit:wink1:

I hope Rainman realizes that the dandy hat is COMPLETELY different from the battle version. That dandy hat is smaller in comparison and this was an intentional part of those individual costumes so he's gonna have to resculpt or size that down a bit for sure.

The coat needs to be VERY slim/well cut.

Man that coat will be deal breaker for some, it will be for me. If it doesn't sit right, just can't pull the trigger.

That's a very good point. I think that this should be brought to his attention ASAP before production marches forward and it becomes too late.

I've suggested this in the past and didn't get a good response from the crowd, but I'll try it again. This guy needs to be on a Narrow KO! The original Bill was on a Narrow and the end result gave him that thin armed physique. There's no way in hell that the TTM21 will replicate that physique.

I'm not a fan of the KO's just like the next guy but the official TT's just aren't available in the way RM needs to source them so this is our next best option. At least the clothes will be tailored for a Narrow and we could do our own body swap later (with long foot pegs because the KO's are a bit taller than the HT TT). There are affordable Narrow equivalents that were used in official releases so you don't have to drop top dollar to get a packaged TTM14/18 if you don't want to.

I inquired about Milkshake Man Dx. 4k was asking price. I have my Eye on his charcoal Suit:wink1:

Ahh, got ya. Well the charcoal suit will be a much cheaper option at this point! Hopefully that gets off of the ground soon

Right; of course. There's no way to set real parameters because I think a lot of situations vary from case to case, but I think in most times it's kind of clear who's who. There's a lot of grey area so I don't know where to draw the line but I can tell you that people selling before even receiving would definitely make the cut as far as I'm concerned

I just want to add so I'm not misunderstood: I'm not talking about respecting market value when it comes time to sell. You'd be crazy to NOT consider the going rates for a piece that you are selling (I'm talking any collectible). There is a difference to me between the person that has every intention on flipping from day 1, and the person who is asking fair market price when they decide to sell

Back