Rainman's Project (Narrator 1999)... ^L^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being 100% honest here: when I clicked open the thread and saw the sculpt on page 1 I thought it was James Dean. :lol

Even the updated pic a few pages back doesn't look like Edward Norton to me. :dunno

I'd probably shrug my shoulders as well if my brain was telling me these two guys are the same.
2ik4od2.jpg

It was the 'Dean' hanging cigarette pic I bet you. The sculpt looks much better and more natural without it.

Hi all,

Rainman has troubled to fit the budget like before because the two kinds of clothing and two versions of headsculpt went over the budget.
By the way, he fit the same prices as before but had to divide the set into the normal version and the ending scene version from the movie, and changed the bonus secret item to a metal pistol(Smith & Wesson 4506) instead of the bruised head.

So the bruised head will be sold separately... :banana
Here is the line up for the Narrator 1999.

1. The limited full set edition (Normal version): (Normal head, Body, Magnetic chest part, Normal clothing, Shoes, Briefcase) + Bonus item (Metal pistol: Smith & Wesson 4506)
2. The limited full set edition (Ending version): (Bruised head, Body, Magnetic chest part, Ending clothing, Shoes, Briefcase) + Bonus item (Metal pistol: Smith & Wesson 4506)

3. The head+clothing set (Normal version): Normal head + Magnetic chest part, Normal clothing, Shoes, Briefcase
4. The head+clothing set (Ending version): Bruised head + Magnetic chest part, Ending clothing, Shoes, Briefcase

5. The clothing set(Normal version): Magnetic chest part, Normal clothing, Shoes, Briefcase
6. The clothing set(Ending version): Magnetic chest part, Ending clothing, Shoes, Briefcase

7. The head (Painted): Normal head
8. The head (Painted): Bruised head

9. The head (Unpainted): Normal head
10. The head (Unpainted): Bruised head

------------------------------------------------

This is the bonus secret item that he is making... :D

smith_and_wesson_4506.jpg

Hi all,

Rainman has troubled to fit the budget like before because the two kinds of clothing and two versions of headsculpt went over the budget.
By the way, he fit the same prices as before but had to divide the set into the normal version and the ending scene version from the movie, and changed the bonus secret item to a metal pistol(Smith & Wesson 4506) instead of the bruised head.

:monkey2

Ugh. I'm not happy that the set went from a 2 in 1 with magnetic swapable heads to 2 separate releases. Now instead of one release with lots of items, we get 2 stripped down figures with not much stuff. And they both come with the same secret item? :( And judging from the weight of The Bad's metal pistol, the Narrator's hand may not be able to support its weight in a pose over time and it might be better off being resin instead of metal.

The gun is nice but I'd much rather he simply increase the price and charge more money for going over budget than move it to another release and charge an additional $400-$650. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear this, sorry if your planning on getting the full set though.

I just want one of the bruised up heads, the regular I would have passed on, just a guy in a suit is one thing if it's James Bond or the Godfather, but if its Ed Norton, I want him to be all messed up to represent the character better.

It's better for Rainman I suppose but worse for us that want both. This change really threw cold water on my excitement for this figure. :(
Why even bother doing the magnetic neck since they are now 2 separate figures?

I guess I should be happy that Tuco wasn't broken into 2 separate releases just to get his second jacket and hat. :rolleyes:

Waiting with baited breathe to see this. My thoughts on the cigarette; I've seen it done before where the cigarette is tapered to fit between the lips, not the lips to fit the cigarette into. The filter is a wedge shape with a pin system, that way you can display the figure without the ciggy and it doesn't look odd. My 2 cents.

Back