RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Heresy I know, but I never liked JAWS (or any of the movies in that series). Thought they all sucked. :lol

Drive: 8/10 Loved the gory scenes! LOL Fun movie. :)

You give 8.5 out of every 10 movies you watch a 10 and you give one of the best films ever made an 8.5. You sir are grounded.

I rate on the level of entertainment I get from watching a movie.
Sure, Jaws is a great movie, but yesterday it was only an 8.5 for me. Next time I see it might as well be a 9 or 10.

I watch movies for my enjoyment. I have no carreer in filmmaking or any of it's processes and (most likely) will never have.
Of course I could form an amateur opinion on every aspect of filmmaking and pretend to know what I'm talking about, but let's face it. I'm no director, not a casting agent, not a light or sound expert. I could of course go watch a movie for all that stuff, but that would mean for me to pay attention to stuff that will pull me out of the story I'm experiencing.

Is The Avengers worth a full 10/10 when you look at the technical side of filmmaking... no, probably not.
Is it worth a 10/10 to me purely because of the greatnes it was to see the superheroes I've seen and loved in their own movies come together and kick some major ass? Hell yes!

Rating movies is just giving a number system to your opinion. You don't have to agree with it. Just respect it.

Ronin 9/10. Very underrated movie. One of the best car chases ever filmed. Compelling story.

I've always like David Mamet's minimalistic writing ... he also did Spartan (with Val Kilmer) and The Unit. I like that he doesn't explain things -- he just writes dialogue as a spook or Delta team member would say it, and lets the audience figure it out.

SnakeDoc

:lecture:lecture:lecture

:goodpost:

:exactly:On all counts ! :hi5:

Proof of Life 8/10. Another underrated action movie. Came on TV today.

Russell Crowe is an ex-spec ops guy who makes his living doing ransom negotiations for kidnapped businessmen. Meg Ryan's husband (one of the terrorists from The Rock) gets kidnapped in some third-world hellhole -- Crowe tries to get him back. So far, haven't seen a Russell Crowe movie I've disliked. Reminded me a bit of the non-political parts of Clear and Present Danger.

SnakeDoc

Gattaca - 9/10

Galaxy Quest - 7.5/10

The Time Machine (2002) - 9/10

MI4: Ghost Protocol - 6/10

Ratings pending, awaiting RIDDICK's approval... :impatient: :lol

Devil - 7/10

Pleasant surprise. Simple plot but enjoyable film. Not as twisted as the average M Night Shymalan flick (he co-wrote the story on this).

The Avengers 7/10 Only started to get good at the last hour. Would have given it a 6 but the Hulk-Loki scene raised it to 7.

Back