RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Transformers and IM2 were not cheap films the way CP is thinking. They are very expensive films with high budgets. :lol

Thwei, by cheap you mean cheesy/bad. Right?

Cheap doesn't mean any of that.

So...it still doesn't make sense. :lol

Cop Land 8.5/10

A great film. Can't believe I have never seen this before. Some fine performances on display here. Definitely one of Stallones best.

I've been a way for a while so here goes.

The Dictator 5/10 - in typical fashion Cohen does his usual thing, gets some laughs but progressively less funny as his films come out.

What to Expect When Expecting 3/10 - I don't know why I subjected myself to watching this, but with all the ads around town and the ensemble cast I thought it had to be funny at least. It was not. So boring and cringeworthy.

The Iron Lady 6/10 - I rate this higher than I would but that's because Meryl's performance is quite grand. The story itself is told through flashbacks of Thatcher's life and is pretty interesting, but overall unexciting and for the most part boring.

New York I Love You 5/10 - I finally got around to seeing this. I put this off for a long time because I felt it wouldn't be as good as the original Paris one it was capitalizing on. Very few interesting stories that seemed much more insular than grand to really show off you can only achieve such stories in such a city. So I don't think it took advantage of New York as the Paris version did. And most of it felt contrived and pretentious.

Total Recall 7/10 - The remake. I actually really liked it. The world they created was pretty thought out in terms of scope and concept. Really loved the city they were in. I don't care about the accusations of it being a Blade Runner rip off. And so what? When's the last time you saw something like that since Blade Runner that looked as good? I can't remember. So this did a good job. Of course Farrell isn't as memorable a character as Arnie was, but then again this film wasn't as campy either. Beckinsale did an awesome job, and the fighting was intense and well done. The story was whatever. Be it Mars or the core of earth I could care less honestly. It was a fun sci fi film, with great effects and action better than most.

Dark Knight Rises 6/10 - it was alright. Dragged, and probably too big for it's own good. Plus all these weird plot and story mishaps. Even general moviegoers next to me that were non comic book fans (I asked) were like "whaaat?" So it wasn't just fanboy nitpicking.

Well then your not making any sense. :lol

I'm making perfect sense. Cheap isn't something bad. It can be, if the product is cheap.

So like...this Wal-Mart brand toy is cheap, I hate it! would work because Wal-Mart brand toys cut the cost at every turn, and thus, are cheap.

:D

"The Possesion" - 6.5/10 - This film is difficult for me to rate because it really was no different (in general) from any other possesion movie that has tried to ride the coattails of "The Exorcist".

I waited throughout the movie for that one moment when everything gets brought home in a plot twist that makes your bowels fail...but it didn't happen.

That being said, the movie flew by fairly quickly. I did not get bored at all. So it had to have SOMETHING going for it.

The acting was not terrible. The dialogue was not overly cliche, nor did it suck. The actors seemed to work together well-enough.

I did think that it would have made for a more poignant ending if...

The father had to go through a vastly larger struggle to wrest the deon from his daughter and absorb it himself AND if he had died afterward.

I saw it at the matinee so it only cost me 12.75 to see it with food. So I did not feel it was a waste at all.

Oz (The tv series) - 8/10 Just finished watching the whole series and it was pretty good but brutal. Not for everyone that's for sure.

Take Shelter. 9/10.

This is my 3rd time watching Take Shelter and I enjoyed it even more.
Loved it all. The script, the acting, and the ending. :yess: :clap

Take Shelter. 9/10.

This is my 3rd time watching Take Shelter and I enjoyed it even more.
Loved it all. The script, the acting, and the ending. :yess: :clap

Most definitely agree. 10/10 for me :)

Back