RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

I'd have rathered they just be demons in that case. Bram Stoker's Dracula is what comes to mind when I think of a true vampire. Not *insert random generic humanoid monster here*. There was nothing uniquely vampire about them. Oh, except the sunlight thing. They could have been trolls though. :lol

If you think the language sounded great I think you need to watch it again. :lol

Here's the only thing I could find, but you can see how ridiculously goofy it sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QX909PEBs0

Great, I was hoping it would be something like that. Added to the list.

did you even watch that interview yourself? Vampires have become "Count Chocula" seriously, Twilight pretty much was the breaking point.

And, Dracula, well, those movies have been done to death. Movies with gentlemen vampires like Dracula is all there is out there. Seriously you have like 300 movies to choose from (probably more) 30 days is pretty much one of its kind, there are not that many movies with really scary freaky vampires in that alone 30 days completely succeeded. If anything the one thing they did right is show vampires as scary monsters that will kill you and not seduce you!

I would not have liked demons because it would not explain why they need blood or the darkness. If they made them demons then people would totally complain about being too much like vampires.

I mean Dracula was a story written by Bram Stoker. But legends about demonic vampires like the ones in 30 Days of night do exist. So they are not even that far fetched.
about the teeth, they look like that in the comic. They look really weird in the comic so I think that's what they were trying to go for.

I rather have a vampire with a mouth full of fangs, than no fangs at all :slap:lol

The Hobbit: An unexpected Journey 3D - 5/10 - This thing was awful on all levels. I would rather sit through Frankenstein Island again.

The Hobbit: An unexpected Journey 3D - 5/10 - This thing was awful on all levels. I would rather sit through Frankenstein Island again.

The 3D treatment or you didn't enjoy the movie?

did you even watch that interview yourself? Vampires have become "Count Chocula" seriously, Twilight pretty much was the breaking point.

And, Dracula, well, those movies have been done to death. Movies with gentlemen vampires like Dracula is all there is out there. Seriously you have like 300 movies to choose from (probably more) 30 days is pretty much one of its kind, there are not that many movies with really scary freaky vampires in that alone 30 days completely succeeded. If anything the one thing they did right is show vampires as scary monsters that will kill you and not seduce you!

I would not have liked demons because it would not explain why they need blood or the darkness. If they made them demons then people would totally complain about being too much like vampires.

I mean Dracula was a story written by Bram Stoker. But legends about demonic vampires like the ones in 30 Days of night do exist. So they are not even that far fetched.
about the teeth, they look like that in the comic. They look really weird in the comic so I think that's what they were trying to go for.

I rather have a vampire with a mouth full of fangs, than no fangs at all :slap:lol
And like I said, it's so generic and boring. There are far more generic monster movies than true vampire movies. I don't want garbage like Twilight, nor do I want the more mindless full-fanged and clawed "vampires" with black demon eyes. They had no presence. They were just scary monsters killing in the dark.

They need to be intimidating and terrifying, but with that mysterious and somewhat grim charisma. ie Dracula.

Not pretty teenage boys that sparkle in the sunlight, and not deformed, black-eyed demons that run around shrieking like animals. Those are the two extremes. Well, Twilight is far more extreme and ridiculous, but still.

I did like the movie though (as I have said). It was pretty good, I might buy it later on.

Now,

Blade - 7/10

Really enjoyed the first half, but then the whole vampire resurrection/possession plot got kind of annoying. The exploding vampires and winged skeletons felt very scooby-dooish and unnecessary.

Daybreakers - 7.5/10

This was a lot better than I expected. Really enjoyed it. Kept my interest throughout the entire movie.

The Hobbit - 8.5/10

Not as good as I was expecting but still a great movie.

Surprised you even went, after comments like "Gee, another 3 hour movie of hobbits walking around" etc. etc. Not surprised at all. I wouldn't bother with the other two either.

Same rating as mine. Although my 5 must be a bit higher than yours. :lol

Still, I would have been just as happy spending $3 renting this instead of seeing it opening day. I doubt I'll even attempt to see the sequels in the theater.

Ted 6/10 - not nearly as funny as I'd hoped. There's a few classic moments, and Mila is as hot as always, but I was disappointed overall.

Life of Pi 9/10 - I enjoyed this much, much more than I expected. It's so rare to get a solid film with a thoughtful plot, intended to make you think. I'm not a religious man, but I thought the way they handled faith vs rationale thought was excellent. And to top it off, it's absolutely beautiful visually.

See, I liked Ted because it wasn't that funny. It had heart too it, and Seth MacFarlane too time to make a story. With a plot. And characters. :lol

Back