RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Daybreakers is one of the better vamp movies in recent, it's not epic, but it's pretty good.

Daybreakers is one of the better vamp movies in recent, it's not epic, but it's pretty good.

that was good too. I just don't like the hate 30 days of night gets. They did a scary vampire movie and they succeeded. the plot might not have been the greatest and the ending might have not been great either but I thought it was a really really great vampire movie. and a good horror movie in general.

I loved the trailer for Daybreakers and high hopes for it. It was definitely an interesting premise - but I did enjoy 30 Days more. That movie was a good horror flick, imo...and there aren't many out there these days.

Dang - I think I ranked it around 7.5 or an 8 which for me is pretty high for a horror movie.

I'm striking out with all my suggestions. :( :lol
I enjoyed it. It was scary. Better than I expected, and I am trying to rate more accurately. If 5/10 is simply an average film, and 10/10 is practically flawless...I think a point and a half above average sounds about right. Maybe 7/10.

I kinda felt that the vampire reveal was too quick. I wish it had been a bit more subtle, and they weren't shown as much. At least in the beginning.
One thing I hate is when vampires are changed too much from what they're supposed to be. I don't like the more animal-like design with a full set of fanged teeth. The screeching, goofy "eek nok" language..god those sounds were ridiculous. Really took me out of the movie. It seemed like they were making that up on the spot. That being said I'm not sure the terror factor would have been as prominent if the vampires weren't as mindless/animalistic. In that case I would have preferred it if they just went with a different monster.

Like I said though, I enjoyed the movie. I think it was definitely one of the better horror films in the past decade.

You guys tricked me too. Ben Foster had an entire what, three minutes of screentime? :lol He was very convincing as Mr. weird loner crazy guy though. I would have liked to see what his relationship with the vampires was.
I really wanted to see that but totally forgot about it. Added to the list. It's the one where humans are near extinction and vampires are living on synthetic blood? I thought that sounded interesting.

Speaking of vampire movies, do all of the vampires in Blade look like this?

Blade.jpg

Maybe that's just something introduced in the sequels. Never seen any of the Blade movies :horror but I'd like to. That generic monster design is the only reason I haven't. I don't know anything about this series so forgive my ignorance. :lol

Bale marathon isn't over BTW, just squeezing in some vampire. :lol

30 Days and Day breakers are both fantastic vampire films. 30 Days being my favorite because of the animalistic nature of them and the fact that they had a language. I actually think the language was a cross of scandanavian and germanic beginnings. I thought it was freaking great. Like others said "scary vampires". I like my vamps to be more demon like rather than that period piece victorian romantic types.

Silver Linings Playbook - 7/10 - A good typical by the numbers romantic comedy. Had a good cast and a interesting storyline. Jennifer Lawrence was hawt and jiggly in it.

Frankenstein Island - 4/10 - I'm not entirely sure what I just watched.

Frankenstein Created Woman - 8/10 - Hammer Horror at it's finest.

Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed - 6/10 - A big step down from "woman" but still enjoyable.

Sound of My Voice - 4.5/10 - Started off interesting but when nowhere with a terrible ending.

The Lost Future - 2/10 - So bad I couldn't finish it.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1 - 8/10 - That was pretty kewl seeing the pages come to life. Pumped for part II.

Chernobyl Diaries - 5/10 - Good setup but when got very meh.

Sons of Anarchy: Season One - 7/10 - Thought it was good, wasn't blown away. Maybe Season Two will get me hooked.

I've bought about 4 movies since starting Netflix 3 years ago. :lol

I don't buy as much, especially lower grade movies and TV series.

But movies I want to "experience" I will buy as I don't feel they have the same punch via netflix. The sound and compression are noticeable to me.

Speaking of vampire movies, do all of the vampires in Blade look like this?

Blade.jpg

Maybe that's just something introduced in the sequels. Never seen any of the Blade movies :horror but I'd like to. That generic monster design is the only reason I haven't. I don't know anything about this series so forgive my ignorance. :lol

Bale marathon isn't over BTW, just squeezing in some vampire. :lol

Only in the second. And there's a pretty good reason why. You should watch Blade, they are my favorite vamp films. Well, besides the third. It's an alright movie, but not near as good as the first or second.

30 Days and Day breakers are both fantastic vampire films. 30 Days being my favorite because of the animalistic nature of them and the fact that they had a language. I actually think the language was a cross of scandanavian and germanic beginnings. I thought it was freaking great. Like others said "scary vampires". I like my vamps to be more demon like rather than that period piece victorian romantic types.
I'd have rathered they just be demons in that case. Bram Stoker's Dracula is what comes to mind when I think of a true vampire. Not *insert random generic humanoid monster here*. There was nothing uniquely vampire about them. Oh, except the sunlight thing. They could have been trolls though. :lol

If you think the language sounded great I think you need to watch it again. :lol

Here's the only thing I could find, but you can see how ridiculously goofy it sounds.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QX909PEBs0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QX909PEBs0[/ame]

Only in the second. And there's a pretty good reason why. You should watch Blade, they are my favorite vamp films. Well, besides the third. It's an alright movie, but not near as good as the first or second.
Great, I was hoping it would be something like that. Added to the list.

The Hobbit - 7/10

Slightly let down by this :(

Maybe I wanted to feel the same as I did viewing LOTR. It just didn't happen for me. The magic just wasn't there for me this time. It looked wonderful but I couldn't help but feel like I had seen it all before.

Back