RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron man 3 - 6/10

Movies are made, cinema is created.

Just because a movie has ironic laughs does not make it a good movie. Kevin feige might say "hey you guys had a good time watching it right?" "That makes this a good movie!".

I would probably have a good time watching guys get kicked in the ***** for two hours on the big screen. But that does not make
it a good movie.

I hope Dc comics tries to cinema, not carbon copy movies.

How is T2 boring....??

By being a simple remake of the first film with less interesting characters, less desperate heroes, a less charismatic villain, a not as clever story (since it essentially is the same story minus the poetic "closing of the loop" that capped the first film) and extended sequences of dull "talking head" exposition. Some of the action is still cool, but for the most part its all just highly sanitized bigger budget versions of the same scenes from the first film.

T2 added a helicopter, so that was at least something different for about five minutes.

I thought you guys would have a hard time answering it. ;)

Well...whats the point in us discussing it. You found what many consider to be a tremendously exciting sequence - the canal chase - boring. It seems clear from the outset you won't agree with much of anything we would say is incredible about it.

Well...whats the point in us discussing it. You found what many consider to be a tremendously exciting sequence - the canal chase - boring. It seems clear from the outset you won't agree with much of anything we would say is incredible about it.

Well it was boring after I watched Robocop twice back to back. Its still a cool sequence but one that I realize I have to be in a nostalgic mood for to truly enjoy.

T2 blew me away in 1991. I really am curious to hear why you still think its a great movie by today's standards. Robocop is, T1 and Aliens are. Not so much T2 for me anymore.

I've found that I really prefer Cameron's theatrical versions to his Director's cuts. Aliens and T2 flow far better as action films w/o the extra character development as strange as that sounds. To me it's like I've seen them once, I know theres a scene where she talks to Reese but it's something I don't feel the need to see ever again when I watch T2, just get to the point and blow something up. Same with Aliens, the extra 5 mins of Newt's family discovering the ship, it's nice to know it's there and that's how it all happens, but after watching it once, it's a really boring 5 minutes I never need to revisit. Just get to the Marines already.

But yea t1>t2 by alot. Kyle Reese and Michael Beihn over Furlong and the most annoying voice in history anyday. And Arnold as a bad guys way cooler too. Nothing in the franchise came close to the police station.

Back