RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

i honestly think it's a generational thing because i don't really like any of the remakes. the originals depended more on atmosphere than straight up gore/horror and that is always more interesting because my mind can scare me more then someone else's.

The thing that i've noticed is that younger people like the remakes better than the originals - there are exceptions to this rule, i am aware of that.

For me originals will always have there place and mark. And IMO I always thought that Halloween was the only non-remakable classic. There wasn't anything I'd change, I thought it was perfect. But I always felt the other classics could be re-done because I didn't think they were perfect. Just look at The Hills Have Eyes, the remake was way better imo. That was probably the best remake in terms of exactly how much better it was to the original.

Actually I agree with you on the Hills movie, the remake was remarkable. TCM (1974) did not need a remake in any way shape or form. The way it began, the expressions on even the insignificant suporting cast members and how it ended. DAMN EERIE! Perfect. The remake was good, just not better than the original good. Thats all.

Actually I agree with you on the Hills movie, the remake was remarkable. TCM (1974) did not need a remake in any way shape or form. The way it began, the expressions on even the insignificant suporting cast members and how it ended. DAMN EERIE! Perfect. The remake was good, just not better than the original good. Thats all.
Yeah, see, I was raised on horror. My mom is a horror junkie. :lol I grew up on Jason, Freddy, Michael and Leatherface. The Exorcist scared the crap out of me, that was the first movie to do me in that badly. I wasn't even supposed to watch it but I snuck down and sat on the stairs watching it play in the living room. And I guess I am young (22) but I don't hate the originals, I'm just very open to the remakes and tend to lean that way. They are all great though. Originals and remakes :D

yeah i saw the Exorcist as a young child myself and that's what probably ruined horror for me. i have not been scared like that since, and much to my own chagrin, never will be again.

I don't hate remakes, i'm not one of those guys that's all "damn hollywood and it's lack of imagiantion" i mean the idea of "remakes" has been around longer than hollywood has - the theater is a remake machine. I just have yet to see horror remake that surpasses the original - except The Thing and that was the early 80's.

Yeah, The Exorcist hasn't been surpassed for me either. It still messes me up. That and the original Evil Dead are the two scariest movies I've seen. But if you want a good scare check out Inside. :horror That movie is a mind **** and brutal.

Yeah, The Exorcist hasn't been surpassed for me either. It still messes me up. That and the original Evil Dead are the two scariest movies I've seen. But if you want a good scare check out Inside. :horror That movie is a mind **** and brutal.

Can you find us a link to the trailer? I found one on Youtube but it looked like the movie was filmed with a camcorder.

I would say Inside is more messed up then scary, although there are some scary scenes. :) But very good movie, one of my top horror flicks.

I think the scariest movie I have seen in a long while was the original Black Christmas.

I would say Inside is more messed up then scary, although there are some scary scenes. :) But very good movie, one of my top horror flicks.

I think the scariest movie I have seen in a long while was the original Black Christmas.

I don't know about scary but my God was it suspenseful!!! Excellent movie all around! Real horror = suspense imo.

Thanks man, it looks pretty good, i'll have to check it out for sure.

Oh man this movie was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! I laughed HARD when in the mall, after his fight with Liota the mob of officers beats the piss out of him. 3/10 for me as well.

That movie was so bad my kid said it sucked !!!! 2/10

Yes. Get it. It's great. :rock

cool !

Hey anyone trying to see that flick Paranormal Activity ?

I don't know about scary but my God was it suspenseful!!! Excellent movie all around! Real horror = suspense imo. Thanks man, it looks pretty good, i'll have to check it out for sure.
Dude, it's great. Even my sister said that from the start it had an eerie feeling. And let me add that it is the most disturbing ending to a movie I've ever seen. I mean that. The final shot is just creepy as hell. It sticks with you.

Dude, it's great. Even my sister said that from the start it had an eerie feeling. And let me add that it is the most disturbing ending to a movie I've ever seen. I mean that. The final shot is just creepy as hell. It sticks with you.

So did you finally buy it/rent it?

Wolverine- 5/10 It was just an ok flick. Nothing I'd buy and probably would never watch again.

Back