RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Lethal Weapon 3 - 9/10
- Joe Pesci is just freakin' hilarious! Classic once again.

Casanova - 7/10
- I'd have given it a lower score if not for Ledger.

Tron Legacy - 9/10 I just really enjoy this movie. I know it's not the best plot and the plot has holes, but hey, what movie doesn't. It's a movie and a fun one at that. It just sucks me in with the visuals, sounds, and score and is just a feast for the senses.

Quorra and Gem too...yummmmm :naughty

KungFu Panda 2. 8/10

Nothing surprising, but same old good jokes. Awesome animation, and boy oh boy, Gary Oldman as the evil Shen is a good performance!

Batman (1989): 7/10

Nope. Bay doesn't say ____ you to the audience.

It's the idiot audience who see's his movies and expect something other then over the top action scenes, and hot chicks. That's where I find most of the Bay hate to be retarded. He makes dumb action movies. He has said he makes dumb action movies. He panders to cheap entetainment on a Friday night. For teenagers, or anyone who want's a thrill. I love his flicks because he makes some INSANE action scenes. Dark of the Moon has some of the best 3D action i've ever seen.

if Bay acted like his films were great pieces of cinema, then we would have a problem.

But he doesn't. And I will continue to defend him until something EXPLODES! :lol
I agree that Bay knows exactly what he's doing and fails to apologize for it, but he has a very low opinion of the audience's ability to care about depth of story, or true dramatic story-telling, or humor that isn't tasteless and banal. If you like his movies, that's fine, but I see a very clear level of condescension toward his audience where he assumes his audience has no attention span.

If you say that you can't criticize Bay because all he claims to do is give you "over the top action scenes, and hot chicks," and to provide "cheap entetainment on a Friday night," then I guess you can't criticize Uwe Boll either, since all he claims to do is make offensive, mindless movies, which is precisely what he does. In fact, taking this to the logical conclusion, you could really only criticize those who don't do what they claim to do. So if a director tries to make a thought provoking, dramatic masterpiece and only gets 8/10ths of the way there, he's a failure. But if the guys who make those spoof movies only claim to make movies about fart jokes and parodying Britney Spears, and succeed, then they have to be given A+ ratings.

Batman's a weird one. I was really into the whole event of its release, with all the cards and toys and comic, etc. But I was too old to be too nostalgic about it, so I don't have a lot of love for it from that perspective. I still enjoy it, but it isn't a top-level movie from my perspective. Love Nicholson's Joker, though.

I was 14 the summer Batman was released and was really caught up in the hype. I was visiting my grandparents with family when it came out and saw it with my late grandfather and one of my cousins. My cousin wore a Keaton Batman t-shirt and I had a Nicholson Joker shirt and we went opening day.

Even at the time I remember thinking it didn't live up to the hype. It was cool, but certainly no Star Wars or anything. I'm still a bit nostalgic over the excitement surrounding it and of course my grandfather.

Awesome designs and music though.

Leviathon - 5/10

I remember seeing this a kid and found it on the netflix instant...wow it doesnt hold up at all. I didnt realize how big of a rip off this was to Alien/Aliens. Pretty much crap, but I gave it a 5 for the cool creature scenes...when it was on screen. Something about humans getting contaminated and mutating into some kind of abomination is worth a 5 in my book :)

The Hitcher (remake): 5/10
Sean Bean is pretty awesome, Sophia Bush is hot, but neither of those facts made this movie any good. It was a meh watch, and I probably won't be watching it again.

Highwaymen: 7/10
I like this film. Definitely a good watch once in a while! :rock

The Hitcher (remake): 5/10
Sean Bean is pretty awesome, Sophia Bush is hot, but neither of those facts made this movie any good. It was a meh watch, and I probably won't be watching it again.

It's funny but I actually enjoyed this one. I thought Bean was a more menacing John Ryder than Hauer (though Hauer was creepier).

It's funny but I actually enjoyed this one. I thought Bean was a more menacing John Ryder than Hauer (though Hauer was creepier).

Well I have to say that I'm not much of a fan of the original either. I saw it once a few years back, but I remember Hauer to be creepier as well.

I think that had they made the scene where they just picked up Ryder a bit longer, with a bit more creepy dialogue and later down some more scenes of just Sean Bean standing somewhere looking at them or something, that the remake-Ryder would be about as creepy as Hauer.

Inception 10/10

Will never get bored of this masterpiece

Back