RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Avengers. 10/10. Hulk and Cap ruled the most. Which surprised me cos I only liked IM1 and Thor out of all the pre avengers films.

The Last Samurai - 9/10
The Mist - 8/10
Exit Through the Gift Shop - 8/10 - Somehow Id never seen this. Was it ever proven to be a hoax? or is it still up in the air? ... :monkey1

The Wicker Tree - 1/10

If you're thinking of checking this out becuase you enjoyed the original Wicker Man, don't.

The Last Samurai - 9/10
The Mist - 8/10
Exit Through the Gift Shop - 8/10 - Somehow Id never seen this. Was it ever proven to be a hoax? or is it still up in the air? ... :monkey1

Bit of both maybe? I've met and been to MrBrainwash's shows and he's every bit like he is on screen. His studio usually rents out old CBS or other studio buildings like the one they showed in the film. Last one was on Christmas. He signed his vintage looking Star Wars family portrait poster he had there.

Bit of both maybe? I've met and been to MrBrainwash's shows and he's every bit like he is on screen. His studio usually rents out old CBS or other studio buildings like the one they showed in the film. Last one was on Christmas. He signed his vintage looking Star Wars family portrait poster he had there.

UGH. Mr. Brainwash is everything that's wrong with art today. I'll quote Ian Malcom:
I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power you're using here: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done, and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you, you've patented it, and packaged it, you've slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now [pounds table with fists] you're selling it.

It's so clear to me that Banksy's art has real content and meaning behind his street art. They all have a message and there is careful consideration to where he chooses to create his pieces. Mr. Brainwash is simply taking the aesthetic that these street artists have established and basically just made cool pictures and marketing materials. At best they have a clever punchline. They have no real substance behind them, and it shows that he doesn't fully understand what Banksy is doing. What's worse is that people just eat it up without question, which de-values what real educated intelligent artists do. It's more than just pretty (and not so pretty) pictures--there is thought and intention behind every single decision made in creating an art piece. Heck, I have issues with all contemporary artists, not just Mr. Brainwash, that have turned their "art" into a business with other craftspeople doing the actual work for them. They have become essentially art directors and graphic designers (a legitimate field of its own. I am one myself.), but certainly not artists.

Awesome documentary, though! Great to see an intelligent, insightful discussion about art and the art world.

Avengers better than Godfather. :lol

Coppola, Brando and (early) Pacino crap on Whedon from a very tall mountain.

I don't think taste applies to you, so Evilface is correct.

:rotfl

Back