Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Grievous, Westworld & Kenobi!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!!

I may try that... I kind of liked the plastic one for Praji, but must admit I did not put much work into the fabric one.

I ended up selling my custom Hasbro one... I still think the paint I did on him was better than the production Sideshow. But the overall Sideshow figure is just so much better looking that he had to go.

Hasbro Repaint
colll.jpg

Sideshow Production
cck-2.jpg

Based solely of these shots I would say your is much much better than the Sideshow version. I have never seen either in person, and can't say much about with is better overall, but I really dig your paints apps more.

Thanks man... the proportions and sculpting on the Sideshow are much better. And its better articulated... but for $20 and a marathon of painting the Hasbro polishes up quite well.

This might be a more fair image comparison:

Repainted Hasbro:
newm.jpg

Sideshow Figure:
fff-1.jpg

Not to take away from the FANTASTIC Emperor pose but Piett really does look like teh poop.

ffg.jpg

The fabric cap doesn't help?

Piett is wondering who is the red faced guy. I think the cloth cap can be made to look better after a water treatment. Mine was looking like hell but now is ok. I also added a kind of data pad in Piett's hand which I got from an old Borg figure.

Yeah, Maul doesn't really go there... that shelf is a temporary set-up until I rearrange a few more things. I will try the water treatment on Piett though.

Got the awesome Tron figure from Spenser in today. This is easily one of the nicest custom figures I've ever gotten. Spenser just nailed this one; I really need to get a black light since the outfit and paint is reactive.

ffl.jpg

ffm.jpg

ffo.jpg

ffp.jpg

ffq.jpg

ffr.jpg

ffs.jpg

And in his new home on the gray-scale shelf :lol
fft.jpg

Wow, GB, that came out great! Excellent addition! Kongrats :rock :rock :rock

Thanks fellas... its a really well done figure. Fits in great with the collection :rock

And I do have a decal for his stand from EvilFace, just didn't get a chance to put it on yet.

amazing drum set and the collection is real nice too

Thanks, been a while since I updated... but got a few new additions I need to take pics of :rock

Nah, I'm not that vain :lol Or maybe I don't feel I'm that good anymore, but I've been playing off and on for about 18 years now.

haha, i understand what you mean, fellow drummer here ive been playing about 15 years myself but im still learning a lot, just barely got to semi master triple rolls and playing the samba beat

Working on reorganizing my collection... so I'll have a large update pretty soon. But for now here's my Classic Predator outfitted with the missing pieces from the original P1.

This figure is just all kinds of awesome :rock

gga-1.jpg

ggb-1.jpg

ggc-1.jpg

ggd-1.jpg

gge-1.jpg

Back