Reactor Station Alpha environment review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sideshow has ventured back into the unlicensed diorama arena, hitting us with the Reactor Station Alpha environment first, but with several more coming. I like the concept quite a bit, but this one is just too small to work well.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Gosh, it almost looks like it's in scale for Hasbro figures.

Even happier I passed after reading your review, Michael.

:lecture Seconded! I debated about ordering one of these, but passed once I saw a picture of a figure on it. I think two things that really could have helped this piece would be to bring the rails up to belt-height level, and then make the reactor portion at least 12" tall.

thanks for the review. I think what you said about raising the platform is the right way to go to make this small display better.

BTW, can this thing combine with another one to make it appear bigger?

i was seriously considering getting this for my ss vader, to re-create the "no luke, i am your father" scene.

but after reading your review and seeing the pics, i changed my mind.

as it is, vader is so huge. the puny environment will look ridiculous with him on it. totally off scale. and it's way overpriced, imo.

easy pass.

How puny! Thanks for the warning! Besides, I agree on the plastic vs polystone argument. Same problem with Jabba's throne, Han in Carbinite, etc.. I don't buy the idea that they use polystone for more detail. It's more like a distraction to justify a higher price (and thus more profit) IMO.

Mike any chance we can get a pick with a 3-3/4-inch figure for size comparison? I always thought it was small from the pictures and was considering getting it for that purpose.

Last edited:
You know - that's not a bad idea! Use the walkway with a 12" figure, but use the reactor piece with some 3 3/4" figures...I'll snap a photo tonight if I can get a few minutes and update the review.

Man that thing really is tiny... didn't have any interest in these, but still in my mind the piece was twice that size.

rip off. these things should be $40-$50 maximum if made of polystone. $20 max if made from cheaper material.

this will be a failed venture for ssc. i don't forsee these dios coming very often after the initial 3. which is a shame because dios are awesome. SSC just has it in their head that they should make like 300 of them and milk the poor sods that really want it, rather than making 3000 of them and really trying to turn on value minded customers.

I was disappointed with the size as well, as I had originally planned to display Vader and two Storm Troopers on it. However I love that they used polystone, as the details are crisp, and the paint looks very clean on mine.

I also like the versatility when placing the reactor and base. You can place something under the reactor to raise its height, or move the reactor to the side of the base to better see it...

DSC08868.jpg

DSC08862.jpg

DSC08903.jpg

Compared to the other diorama pieces that are coming out this is the weakest. And the one I had the highest hopes for.

Back