Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol i know but your avi is Halloweeny. I actually just got into Dr. Who (the new series) cause I wanted to see what it was about. Not bad so far

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I love it. Best ****ing series for me man. Can't get enough. And yeah I think Veil did a great job, definitely goes with the creepy Halloween vibe.

Lol i know but your avi is Halloweeny. I actually just got into Dr. Who (the new series) cause I wanted to see what it was about. Not bad so far

I love it. Best ****ing series for me man. Can't get enough. And yeah I think Veil did a great job, definitely goes with the creepy Halloween vibe.

Loving Peter Capaldi's take on the Doctor.

AnnaSinger :horror

You couldnt have been anymore obvious with your screen name? :slap :lol

And I think youre trippin if youre getting a repaint. :cuckoo:

hah, yeah whatevs. well the statue is worth the money but it has the potential to look that much better. her and poison ivy are my favorite female sculpts and im willing to spend more to make her look the way i want. :horror

Man that sucks.

It's interesting how the UK differs from Australia. Why does FedEx calcualte the fees for you? When I get stuff from SS and sent to Oz. They simply bill me for the FedEx shipping and that's it. Any fees for imports, etc, are the responsibility of Customs at this end. I get stuff through without needing to pay duty, etc.

That's because we don't pay duty/taxes on international purchases. If you go over a grand on an imported item you will have to pay GST, if it wasn't previously declared to customs they will hold it and you'll need a customs broker to get it released. That's my understanding anyway.

Fed-Ex confirmed my bill was correctly calculated.
So my $380 (£235) statue became $554 (£344) after purchase, shipping, bank fees, V.A.T & duty :slap :monkey4

I've seen American collectors complain about their shipping rising by $5 :lol

In my case (I'm in Denmark):
Figure: $380
Shipping: $67
bank fees, V.A.T & duty, importtax ect ect: $167
Grand total: $614 - beat that

I collect from Singapore... it's pretty much the same with all the taxes and everything..

The only positive is ARH statues come in quickly.

FedEx make it up as they go along.

Me and a friend who lives 20 minutes from me both ordered the Campbell Spider-man EX from SS both paid the same time, same cost. Both arrived on the same day.

His Fedex bill was £55 mine was £67. Rang Fedex and they said they couldn't change anything because they'd have to see my firends bill and he would have to submit it himself. The only difference between the two bills was they charged me £12 duty and charged him none.

About a week later he received his Regular Spider-man from SS and the FedEx bill was £59 lol.

Haven't had my Sonja one yet will let you know what it comes in at.

Wow, and I won't buy with the 20.00 off coupons. That's crazy for a normal PF.
Well - it was the RS ex. Since SS closed the EU warehouse many years ago I only order directly from SS when I really really want the ex. When the reg is good enough for me I place my order locally and it has to be a figure I really really want. And in some cases I pick up an ex up on eBay (EU seller) years later, cheaper than if I had ordered from SS. Nowadays Weta gets most of my harded earned $$: EU warehouse =cheaper shipping, no duty, importtax ect ect, 15% rewardpoints and overall better value for $$. That's the way I want it. And apparently SS can do without EU collectors, I cancelled preorders for more than $2000 when they closed the EU warehouse. Fine by me. And with XM Studio making a name, I'm close to have bought my last SS figure.

Currently on vacation and will still wait to see what the postman brings for this long awaited piece of Hyborian lore!
Then curse the equally long awaited VAT invoice!!!!

Well - it was the RS ex. Since SS closed the EU warehouse many years ago I only order directly from SS when I really really want the ex. When the reg is good enough for me I place my order locally and it has to be a figure I really really want. And in some cases I pick up an ex up on eBay (EU seller) years later, cheaper than if I had ordered from SS. Nowadays Weta gets most of my harded earned $$: EU warehouse =cheaper shipping, no duty, importtax ect ect, 15% rewardpoints and overall better value for $$. That's the way I want it. And apparently SS can do without EU collectors, I cancelled preorders for more than $2000 when they closed the EU warehouse. Fine by me. And with XM Studio making a name, I'm close to have bought my last SS figure.

Yes XM is a problem for us USA buyers :( but we all pay the price for quality and good ES.Lol

That's because we don't pay duty/taxes on international purchases. If you go over a grand on an imported item you will have to pay GST, if it wasn't previously declared to customs they will hold it and you'll need a customs broker to get it released. That's my understanding anyway.

I know how it works at the Oz end. I'm just wondering how the US factors all the costs for a UK collector and makes them pay it as a part of the transaction? I can understand the country of destination charging you, but I just figured it was our responsibility. I've had $1,000+ comics sent and been caught by customs. You just get a letter asking you to pay the fees and when that's done they release it and it arrives as normal.

just got one in to repaint, I definitely see why the hostility, colors/shading is pretty bad. But the sculpt looks amazing!

Will be a while before I can get to it, others in front of this one to do.

Oh **** no way! I'd like to see what you and Kevin would do Spazzy.

Back