Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand the long wait is painful but debating the physical attributes of a polystone statue...
You either like it or you don't, I think it looks awesome.

Inhand paint will be the deal breaker.

The statue looks badass. I assume most of us on this thread are getting it. I can't wait for it myself (going to look bitching by my conan rage undying). Its Just preference on the physique. Since i was contemplating on the old one,i did like that physique better, but thats not to say the physique of the new one blows it for me. For me i like a more natural/realistic aproach to fantasy art, makes it more interesting and believable. But thats just me.

Thats one of the many reasons i liked the original conan movie so much, it was raw, brutal and the girls in it didnt have to have super huge boobs to be sexy (that witch was hot and so was valeria who kicked so much ass and was kinda like a red sonja). Just makes it seem more 'real' to me.

That being said with the statue as is, its going to be a winner. It looks great and i dont think they can fug up the boobjob...err i mean paintjob. :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I don't think that anyone would say that Frazetta's women look like they had anything unnatural done to them ;p They certainly aren't ordinary, but that's sort of the argument. Nobody is asking for an ordinary Sonja, no one is saying don't give her big boobs, just ones that didn't come from a scalpel (Frazetta's being a good example!) :p

Do you see the way they're spilling out of her scale mail bikini? Nothing fake there.

For those of you that are unhappy with it, you can pay a customizer hundreds of dollars to give her a reduction. It's not my fault that your significant others won't let you have her in the house otherwise.

Actual real of possibility being the human body ;p unless you are saying there is something special in her realm in terms of different physical form for humans. With that argument you could give batman a head 4x bigger than the rest of his body and say "oh it's a comic book in his own universe and can totally do that." Obviously they are trying to keep to normal human physical form as much as possible (I'm not saying an AVERAGE human form, but what a normal human being could achieve, and in Red Sonja's case naturally as they don't have plastic surgeons in that universe as far as I am aware).

Yes, that is what I'm saying. If Batman was a character with a head 4x bigger than his body, then the sculpt would have a head 4x bigger than his body. MODOK is such a character ...a huge head with a small body and limbs ...he would be sculpted that same way. Why? Because he is from a comic that has him looking like that.

And yes, plastic surgery is not available where she's from, but who cares. The sculpture of Red Sonja looks like that because she looks like that in the comics.

And what's normal when it comes to the human body? Everybody comes in different shape, size and height. The only "normal" we all can agree on with the human body is that it has a head, two eyes, two eyebrows, a nose, a mouth, two ears, a torso, two arms, two hands, two legs, two feet, ten fingers and ten toes.

Yes, that is what I'm saying. If Batman was a character with a head 4x bigger than his body, then the sculpt would have a head 4x bigger than his body. MODOK is such a character ...a huge head with a small body and limbs ...he would be sculpted that same way. Why? Because he is from a comic that has him looking like that.

And yes, plastic surgery is not available where she's from, but who cares. The sculpture of Red Sonja looks like that because she looks like that in the comics.

And what's normal when it comes to the human body? Everybody comes in different shape, size and height. The only "normal" we all can agree on with the human body is that it has a head, two eyes, two eyebrows, a nose, a mouth, two ears, a torso, two arms, two hands, two legs, two feet, ten fingers and ten toes.

No+no+gold+carts+too+_50806e8200ccc22e0692417950359760.png

Modok is not a human though. The humans in the Marvel Comics, including the super hero ones also look like humans. I can't say they don't exist however most artwork of Red Sonja I've seen aren't actually like this. While they are in fact well endowed her breasts look like they are being held up by her clothing and not the other way around.

There is in fact a normal for the human body, one relevant example is infact fake breasts as many boob jobs are quite easy to tell that they are fake, and as a matter of fact many of them strive to be as natural looking as possible, even if they are very large.

So yeah people are different sizes, and even different proportions there aren't just crazy random extremes to everyone, for example if my arms were 10 feet long you would say it's not normal, and in general there is a range where proportions for heads, legs, chest, torso, feet, etc are relational in size to each other and also a "normal" range for height. For example dwarfs generally fall outside of the normal range of those proportions for "normal" people but they have all the features you listed above. Now I don't wanna seem like a **** and say that they aren't "normal" people by by definition they are that way (even as explained by the advocacy group LPA) because of a genetic or medical condition. Even when they are proportionally the same (disproportionate dwarfism seems to be the most common, but I'm not an authority on the matter) it's still because something abnormal like a metabolic or hormone disorder (again by definition, not normal). FYI apparently the LPA considers anyone under 4' 10" a dwarf.

Massively incorrect. There are A LOT of things on this plant that fit that description. A monkey would be a human with just that description. Also this person would too, although you would never call it normal.

Q3V1DbE.png

It also comes down a lot to conditioning, similarities, and a lot of stuff that goes on in your brain. For example why does a car like a Ferrari look better than a Camry? Ultimately they are both pretty much the same. But why exactly do people find the Ferrari more aesthetically please? Why do we like the curves better? Why do you even think Red Sonja looks pretty? Ultimately if she was real she would be made up of the same things as a normal human, what makes the face that she has so appealing to our brains, why would it be more or less so with a different configuration? If she was really fat why would your mind make you think she's less pretty? You can't say just cause she's heavier, there could be someone taller but with the same proportions and they would be a similar weight to a shorter fat person. Going a bit deep but basically, that is not a real answer, it's a simple way out :p

edit: Just cause I don't agree I don't want to make it seem like I'm angry or an attack or something, if I come off like that sorry :p Just enjoying arguing. I do like the statue, and overall think it's great though I don't really have a lot of faith in SS in terms of production quality. I would have preferred a couple small changes, one being that one but all said it would hardly affect my decision.

2nd edit: Also I want to note that abnormality isn't really a bad thing. Obviously sometimes it can cause deficiencies but other times it can also create advantages. Hell that's evolution :p Though humans probably won't have a lot of positive changes coming if any (it's not like evolution is quick :p) as we tend to adapt environments to us as opposed to the other way around.

Last edited:
Now we are just taking this too far. :slap

Haha.. yeah sorry. But I didn't know of a better way of saying "of course people have a "normal"! with a good and short explanation >< It's just a range of lot of attributes... but there is a range.

Modok is not a human though. The humans in the Marvel Comics, including the super hero ones also look like humans. I can't say they don't exist however most artwork of Red Sonja I've seen aren't actually like this. While they are in fact well endowed her breasts look like they are being held up by her clothing and not the other way around.

There is in fact a normal for the human body, one relevant example is infact fake breasts as many boob jobs are quite easy to tell that they are fake, and as a matter of fact many of them strive to be as natural looking as possible, even if they are very large.

So yeah people are different sizes, and even different proportions there aren't just crazy random extremes to everyone, for example if my arms were 10 feet long you would say it's not normal, and in general there is a range where proportions for heads, legs, chest, torso, feet, etc are relational in size to each other and also a "normal" range for height. For example dwarfs generally fall outside of the normal range of those proportions for "normal" people but they have all the features you listed above. Now I don't wanna seem like a **** and say that they aren't "normal" people by by definition they are that way (even as explained by the advocacy group LPA) because of a genetic or medical condition. Even when they are proportionally the same (disproportionate dwarfism seems to be the most common, but I'm not an authority on the matter) it's still because something abnormal like a metabolic or hormone disorder (again by definition, not normal). FYI apparently the LPA considers anyone under 4' 10" a dwarf.

Massively incorrect. There are A LOT of things on this plant that fit that description. A monkey would be a human with just that description. Also this person would too, although you would never call it normal.

Q3V1DbE.png

It also comes down a lot to conditioning, similarities, and a lot of stuff that goes on in your brain. For example why does a car like a Ferrari look better than a Camry? Ultimately they are both pretty much the same. But why exactly do people find the Ferrari more aesthetically please? Why do we like the curves better? Why do you even think Red Sonja looks pretty? Ultimately if she was real she would be made up of the same things as a normal human, what makes the face that she has so appealing to our brains, why would it be more or less so with a different configuration? If she was really fat why would your mind make you think she's less pretty? You can't say just cause she's heavier, there could be someone taller but with the same proportions and they would be a similar weight to a shorter fat person. Going a bit deep but basically, that is not a real answer, it's a simple way out :p

edit: Just cause I don't agree I don't want to make it seem like I'm angry or an attack or something, if I come off like that sorry :p Just enjoying arguing. I do like the statue, and overall think it's great though I don't really have a lot of faith in SS in terms of production quality. I would have preferred a couple small changes, one being that one but all said it would hardly affect my decision.

2nd edit: Also I want to note that abnormality isn't really a bad thing. Obviously sometimes it can cause deficiencies but other times it can also create advantages. Hell that's evolution :p Though humans probably won't have a lot of positive changes coming if any (it's not like evolution is quick :p) as we tend to adapt environments to us as opposed to the other way around.

Boy ...you are jumping all over the place. You can discuss with yourself what makes a person attractive and what is "normal" and what is "abnormal" all you want.

I'll just stick to the original discussion. This sculpture of Red Sonja is fine ...her physique is a great representation of the comic character. She looks the way she does because that's how she is portrayed in the comics. Your opinion that her physique is not "normal" is just that ...your opinion.

I'm just glad that Red Sonja is sculpted this way because she looks great.

Haha.. yeah sorry. But I didn't know of a better way of saying "of course people have a "normal"! with a good and short explanation >< It's just a range of lot of attributes... but there is a range.

You fail to realize that the discussion was referencing "normal with respect to comic characters". And you diverged from the actual discussion to referencing real life.

In the realm of comics, characters can be 7 feet tall like the Hulk ....have a canon for an arm like Apocalypse ...have a huge head and small limbs like MODOK ...have toned abs with big boobs like Red Sonja. These statues are representations of those comic characters ...they don't need to follow the "normalcy" of real life.

I was just thinking this would look pretty sweet if someone made a change of hair with a long red french braid style ponytail on her. Would be a cool option.

You fail to realize that the discussion was referencing "normal with respect to comic characters". And you diverged from the actual discussion to referencing real life.

In the realm of comics, characters can be 7 feet tall like the Hulk ....have a canon for an arm like Apocalypse ...have a huge head and small limbs like MODOK ...have toned abs with big boobs like Red Sonja. These statues are representations of those comic characters ...they don't need to follow the "normalcy" of real life.

None of those you mentioned are human characters :p And again looking at a fair bit of artwork for red sonja, none of them look like she had an extreme breast lift ><

It's a sculptors liberty. Can we move on? Her boobs are big. And they are glorious....

I think she looks great, I think her boobs look great, I just wish they would tone down the stomach a little, that's what throws it off for me. Harbottle likes those heavy ab muscles on his sculpts

None of those you mentioned are human characters :p And again looking at a fair bit of artwork for red sonja, none of them look like she had an extreme breast lift ><

Just your opinion. Don't matter.

It's a sculptors liberty. Can we move on? Her boobs are big. And they are glorious....

Yea, lets move on. Lost cause anyway.

Back