Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad to hear about so many cancellations. Did you guys have the exclusive on order? Would you all consider getting the figure only, or do you think Rene is only worth it for the environment? Just curious to know what straw it was that broke the camel's back.

For me was the $140 price tag...and I really only wanted the enviroment scene...The figure look good, but not $70 good...besides I have to many other items coming within the next two months and there were more important to me than Belloq.

For me was the $140 price tag...and I really only wanted the enviroment scene...The figure look good, but not $70 good...besides I have to many other items coming within the next two months and there were more important to me than Belloq.

Ditto for me too.

This is one of those items that can put me into a good mood or a bad mood in terms of SSC. Its pretty expensive, but if both the figure and the pedestal come out good, I will be really pleased and be willing to continue the line with Toht, but if its lacking, I'll probably sell it and drop the line.

I'm optimistic about the pedestal. People around here are generally happy with environments, aren't they, like Jabba's throne?

I feel that Sideshow chose the wrong attire to represent this character. Given the environment he comes with, I would have preferred his safari attire, or being Toht comes with the Ark, his ceremonial robes would have worked just as well. Just seems kind of a boring figure to me for the $70 price tag. Still not sure how much I really need this one in the collection. I guess it'll depend what else Sideshow releases.

Choopie, you're right. When the figure was first announced, I passed on him too. But I ordered him when Toht was announced because I saw it as a chance to create Indy's rogue gallery. The pedestal was just a bonus for Indy. It would have been good if SSC would have kept it thematically consistent between the accessory and the figure, but I just look at it as a bonus piece that has more to do with the line and not as much with the figure. Granted it's a $70 accessory, but...

And I'm okay with Belloq in the white suit. Yeah, it's a boring figure by itself, but paired with Toht I think he'll look great. The outfit is a little more generic and iconic "Belloq" and less scene-specific, so I rationalize it that way. After all, Belloq only spends only a few minutes each in the Safari outfit and the ceremony robes and is mostly in the white suit (or variations of it) throughout the duration of the film.

Anyone had their account charged yet? It said they were going to do it today and mine hasn't been charged yet. I'd like to know if this things going to end up costing me $170 all together.

Wow, I hope you're right. I was thinking it might be $20 or something for shipping.

Well, considering that the Tusken Raider PF shipping was more than $30 (ouch! most ever for me), I really doubt the Belloq with Pedestal will only be $10.

Is Sideshow usually way off on their shipping estimates? The shipping weight for the exclusive is listed at 8 lbs vs. 3 lbs for the regular.

Back