Revoltech Queen Alien and Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got all three this x-mass, although the Warrior and Queen arrived much later.

After playing with all three here are my thoughts:

I was expecting the original Alien and Alien Warrior to share a lot of parts and be very similar. I was wrong. I think they only part they share is the lower abdomen, the rest is new. If I only bought one, it would be the Warrior, he is better of the two for several reasons. First, he is more articulated and has a larger range of movement. They added another neck joint and articulated the middle spine on his back (it gets in the was on the original). The warrior also comes with a cool looking base (with egg) and two sets of arms/hands. The original alien came with a boring generic base, but a really cool jumping face hugger. I ended up putting the extra Warrior hands on the original Alien.

The Queen is a beautiful looking figure with tons of articulation. Easily the most playable and posable queens ever made. The paint job is nice, and the stand is detailed. Size is slightly too small, but not so much different that the figures look out of scale with each other. If you like the queen design, you would be foolish to pass this figure up.

Looks like this is starting to show up...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pkPoXWBQWJE" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Got the queen today alongside my 22" Neca alien....and maybe thats the reason I'm underwhelmed about revoltechs tiny shiny blue Queen. The BBTS price is definitely too much for this. Well anywho lesson learned, Revoltech just aint for me. Good! Last thing I need right now is to be collecting from yet another company. I'll still keep this to go with the McFarlane avp series 2 queen.

Got the queen today alongside my 22" Neca alien....and maybe thats the reason I'm underwhelmed about revoltechs tiny shiny blue Queen. The BBTS price is definitely too much for this. Well anywho lesson learned, Revoltech just aint for me. Good! Last thing I need right now is to be collecting from yet another company. I'll still keep this to go with the McFarlane avp series 2 queen.

How is she size-wise compared to the McF? Can you take a side by side pic? :)

I got all three this x-mass, although the Warrior and Queen arrived much later.

After playing with all three here are my thoughts:

I was expecting the original Alien and Alien Warrior to share a lot of parts and be very similar. I was wrong. I think they only part they share is the lower abdomen, the rest is new. If I only bought one, it would be the Warrior, he is better of the two for several reasons. First, he is more articulated and has a larger range of movement. They added another neck joint and articulated the middle spine on his back (it gets in the was on the original). The warrior also comes with a cool looking base (with egg) and two sets of arms/hands. The original alien came with a boring generic base, but a really cool jumping face hugger. I ended up putting the extra Warrior hands on the original Alien.

The Queen is a beautiful looking figure with tons of articulation. Easily the most playable and posable queens ever made. The paint job is nice, and the stand is detailed. Size is slightly too small, but not so much different that the figures look out of scale with each other. If you like the queen design, you would be foolish to pass this figure up.

:exactly::goodpost:

Sorry for the crappy image quality....

20110107152814460.jpg

is that a Trcic (sp?) Trex in the background?

I have the revotech queen and I think it's probably the best detailed and has the best articulation for it's size in that scale. Actually it has the best articulation at any scale. Why do you dislike it? Is it that you don't like the sculpt, the size or the price? Or all of the above? Just curious.

I have the revotech queen and I think it's probably the best detailed and has the best articulation for it's size in that scale. Actually it has the best articulation at any scale. Why do you dislike it? Is it that you don't like the sculpt, the size or the price? Or all of the above? Just curious.

Y'know I've sorta changed my mind since this afternoon, looking at it I'm reminded why I wanted it in the first place - the accurate insect-like proportions that contrast with the dinosaur-like McFarlane Queen. I dunno if I'd say the 'detail' is great - all the smooth surfaces and the shine don't make it seem very detailed to me. Considering this and the tiny size I do feel like I overpaid for it at BBTS. I recommend anyone who doesn't have an irrational fear of ebay like I do to search for a better price.

Y'know I've sorta changed my mind since this afternoon, looking at it I'm reminded why I wanted it in the first place - the accurate insect-like proportions that contrast with the dinosaur-like McFarlane Queen. I dunno if I'd say the 'detail' is great - all the smooth surfaces and the shine don't make it seem very detailed to me. Considering this and the tiny size I do feel like I overpaid for it at BBTS. I recommend anyone who doesn't have an irrational fear of ebay like I do to search for a better price.
there's no such thing as IRRATIONAL fear of ebay. bunch of deadbeats and degenerates.

anyway, i've got the Big Chap from this line and that's all the disappointment i think i'll take from Revoltech. there's no point in getting the queen now since it's not even to scale with the only other Revoltech figure in my collection. i'm gonna hold my breath for a NECA queen.

I recommend anyone who doesn't have an irrational fear of ebay like I do to search for a better price.

you cant go wrong with Hobby Link Japan then, I get my Revoltech's from there, actually all my Jap figures come from there, I get them 2/3 months earlier before they come to BBTS (obviously) Ive heard BBTS get their Jap stuff in wholesale from HLJ themselves...

there's no such thing as IRRATIONAL fear of ebay. bunch of deadbeats and degenerates...

oh com'on, ebay isn't that bad. I've gotten some really great deals there. Of course there are some bad sellers and buyers out there, but just make sure their ratings are close to 99 or 100 percent positive and most of the time, you'll be alright. There are some rare collectibles that I would have never have gotten if it weren't for ebay. Cheer up! Life's too short to be angry and negative all the time. "no rain, no rainbows" right? :wink1:

So far, the cheapest I've found her for is $50 bucks. (her meaning alien queen :wink1:)

eBay is almost always on the buyers side, so as long as you aren't selling anything you should be fine.

Yeah I got mine from Amiami about a week ago. He's pretty cool.

Here's some pics I posted on another forum:

img0260jl.jpg

img0262i.jpg

img0258ev.jpg

Last edited:
Back