{ Roman General } ACI Toys 1/6 Warriors ACI08 *Anniversary Product*2012 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a great looking fig. I kept the ACI body, With all the bulk of the armor and cape i really dont see the benefit of spending another $70+ on a body your not going to see.
Its really a shame it took ACI such a long time to get these figures out. I had decided that this would be my last ACI figure due to the 15 month wait, but the quality is so amazing, ill give ACI another chance. Im hoping they do a Gladiator Maximus in the future.

This is a WIP. I had done research on Maximus' War horse a while back, but there is not a lot of info or pics available. I did hrs of screen captures from the film, and even then very little details can be seen. So i did the best with what i had. Ill post more pics later on...
5727fa38-8cef-4871-aa59-8f56d1547361_zps111b2c62.jpg

d80ad1f6-4b9b-40d8-be1b-863fc4ca8e43_zps9ee402eb.jpg

Awesome! I think you were saying a while back you wanted to get a mount going for this figure. I'm looking forward to seeing this :)

This is a WIP. I had done research on Maximus' War horse a while back, but there is not a lot of info or pics available. I did hrs of screen captures from the film, and even then very little details can be seen. So i did the best with what i had. Ill post more pics later on...

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of this. Looks great so far man.

Finally got this figure in and he does not disappoint! Glad I was patient enough to wait for him cause he is defo a grail piece for me.. Anyhoo, believe it or not I really enjoyed my time putting this guy together, kinda reminds me of building tank models as a youth. I ended up super gluing the plastic strap to the armor just like everyone else. Frankly, I don't know how the armor stays together properly w/ o the glue.

Some negatives for me:
Didn't really like the boots & might end up getting the Kaustik Plastik boots from their Artorius Lucius Castus fig coming up.
Helmet is a little wonky on his head & doesn't seem to fit all the way right. Blue tack to the rescue!
Shin armor's laces are bizatch to tie into a knot unless u get your little son or daughter to tie it for you. Tiny/skinny fingers needed!

Other than that, the figure is exceptional! I didn't get any of the bad/loose wrist peg problem peeps were getting earlier on & I was satisfied enough with the ACI body to keep it b4 gluing the armor together. Kinda squeaky though when u articulate. The giraffe neck he has is actually needed for his head to stick out just right out of the armor. This guy is well worth the $185 I paid & will prolly end up picking up Priscus in the future. Good job ACI, just don't frikken use DID again to ship ur crates in the future!

Some pix:
DSC02884.JPG

DSC02881.JPG

DSC02887.JPG

DSC02886.JPG

Don't use stirrups. Roman saddled did not have them, and if you look closely, Maximus doesn't have them on his saddle either.
BTW - How does the articulation works out with the needed leg spread for the mount?

Finally got this figure in and he does not disappoint! Glad I was patient enough to wait for him cause he is defo a grail piece for me.. Anyhoo, believe it or not I really enjoyed my time putting this guy together, kinda reminds me of building tank models as a youth. I ended up super gluing the plastic strap to the armor just like everyone else. Frankly, I don't know how the armor stays together properly w/ o the glue.

Some negatives for me:
Didn't really like the boots & might end up getting the Kaustik Plastik boots from their Artorius Lucius Castus fig coming up.
Helmet is a little wonky on his head & doesn't seem to fit all the way right. Blue tack to the rescue!
Shin armor's laces are bizatch to tie into a knot unless u get your little son or daughter to tie it for you. Tiny/skinny fingers needed!

Other than that, the figure is exceptional! I didn't get any of the bad/loose wrist peg problem peeps were getting earlier on & I was satisfied enough with the ACI body to keep it b4 gluing the armor together. Kinda squeaky though when u articulate. The giraffe neck he has is actually needed for his head to stick out just right out of the armor. This guy is well worth the $185 I paid & will prolly end up picking up Priscus in the future. Good job ACI, just don't frikken use DID again to ship ur crates in the future!

Some pix:
DSC02884.JPG

DSC02881.JPG

DSC02887.JPG

DSC02886.JPG

Nice pics dude!
Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I'm also thinking of getting KP boots to replace the stock ones.
BTW, Kaustic have stated that they will release gear sets in the future, so we might be getting those nice Artorius boots loose.

Got mine this weekend and put it together last night. Guess I was fairly fortunate but didn't have to glue anything. Did have to dig the holes out a touch bigger, but eventually got everything on. It did take a while to put everything together, but no longer than some other figures I've had. While I wasn't happy about the excessive wait, I'm very happy with the figure in hand, the pics just don't do it justice.

Glad I bought two :)

Nice pics dude!
Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I'm also thinking of getting KP boots to replace the stock ones.
BTW, Kaustic have stated that they will release gear sets in the future, so we might be getting those nice Artorius boots loose.

yeah I think these would look rather good on the Gen. :hi5: I hope the foot pegs fit.. :pray:
KP+boots.jpg

Well, after many delays, the General finally made it all the way to rainy, cold, miserable Bogotá.
I'm at the office, so no chance of unpacking, putting together, futzing and playing, but the packaging is fantastic and what I did get to see of the figure, it really looks high-end.
Very happy to have this in the collection, will give a more thorough review once I get a chance to unpack.

Back