S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manga gohan is the last of the three normal releases in japan. He could be reissued like goku snd piccolo, which I hope, so I'd wait for that.

Remember that Piccolo was created when the Nameless Namekian (child of katatz whatever) removed the evil from his being to become earth's guardian, Kami. It's pretty fair to say that he's a demon considering he's born of pure evil. He doesn't stay that way though, as Goku and co. influence him to become a good dude. None of those things interfere with him being a Namekian. He's an alien and a demon at the same time - Dragon Ball always mixes and matches mythology and sci-fi.
Oh course Toriyama would just say "I wasn't thinking about that when I was writing it" or some other crap!
You're right, that's how the fiction plays out.
I just think is hilarious that the "idea" of Namek, and Saiyans was a last minute after thought that Toriyama came up with, which worked out as a surprise twist (I bet the idea was just as much of a surprise to him as it was to the readers :lol)

I'm loosely referencing a 2004 interview with Toriyama where he described Goku's inception and back story.
Neither Goku, Kami, nor Piccolo were aliens when he created them. It wasn't until the story approached Raditz that he came up with the idea to make Goku a "Saiyan" and explain Piccolo and Kami as Nameks when Vegeta would arrive.

Toriyama is a very clever writer I think, because of how smoothly his radical changes to the arch blended with the story, and provided such a rich history to the characters that looked like it was planned from the beginning.

Does anybody know where I can get ss gohan with the red belt ? It's soooo expensive!!! I have 2 of the blue belt gohans. All I need is one of the red belt gohans and I have all the figures so far
Take Silrians advice, just wait for a reissue. Unlike Vegeta, Gohan was a normal release so they can reissue him any time they want to (which will likely be soon enough) No politics to get in the way, it's just about demand. ;)

Non, never ! lol. too crowded, you can not even move ... it stinks ! I prefer Geekopolis or Paris Games week ^^
Haha ok, but tamashii would be there so i was hoping you would go to take picks but i can totally understand you :peace:

Toriyama did write things sort of as he was going along, but he did it in such a way that never created any inconsistencies.
Also, I bought a manga gohan for a ridiculous price, $180! I just couldn't postpone having Gohan any longer. I'm sure I will regret it all when he gets reissued lol

Hey can anyone tell me which DBZ blu ray set has the original Japanese version, (the one with the violence and all) I grew up watching the subtitled one from the early 90's. I didn't like the American version too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have said it before and will say it again, whether it's by reissues or new versions, but the main characters should remain readily available.

Else its just too ****ed up for new people to come aboard and it will remain a goldmine for scalpers.

Hey can anyone tell me which DBZ blu ray set has the original Japanese version, (the one with the violence and all) I grew up watching the subtitled one from the early 90's. I didn't like the American version too much
I only know of one DBZ Blu-ray set and that's the new ones that Funimation is putting out.
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dragon-Ball-Z-Season-1-Blu-ray/85277/
They're the uncut version, full violence and nudity, and there is the Japanese voice cast as a selectable option. They are in anamorphic widescreen however if that concerns you. If you want a perfect, restored, 4:3 aspect ratio DBZ collection then the Dragon Boxes (DVDS) are your only hope. Too bad they cost insane amounts these days.

Have said it before and will say it again, whether it's by reissues or new versions, but the main characters should remain readily available.

Else its just too ****ed up for new people to come aboard and it will remain a goldmine for scalpers.

lmao exactly. I too need a standard Gohan but scalpers make it seem like you're looking for a piece of the Titanic itself, sheesh

I can't wait to pose Goku sitting on Broly's lap with the ^_^ face

Haha ok, but tamashii would be there so i was hoping you would go to take picks but i can totally understand you :peace:

Yes i don't like japan expo in paris :pfft:
Tamashii was at geekopolis in paris this year but nothing in DBZ ...
If I have pics of Tamashii at japan expo, I'll post ^^

Still think it's rubbish that we don't just see a few more rereleases, that bluefin can do on its own. If Japan has low interest, fine, doesn't mean we have to be wrangled in the process.

Tamashii could cash in so much more, the scalper prices willing to be paid are a clear indication of just how much demand there is.

I stil think this arlia vegeta is a big load of ******** with how many people want a ssj vegeta. Why not just a 'special boot colour edition'? Still think it's a slap in the face to people. Especiallyu considering many actually want a ssj vegeta with the painted boots.

I don't get their decision. Not commercially nor "morally" (even though it's a big word to use).

I agree, I'm new prospecting collecting these DBZ figurarts seems like the best looking ones I've seen thus far. I used to collect these back in the early 90"s, the imports before all of the mainstream. But some of the price gouging is ridiculous. Luckily I can get some main characters like Goku & Piccolo since reissued for a great pice, but some of the greatest characters are very expensive I have to be very selective on who to get and just hope for a reissue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah you and me both missed that awful window where people smacked down hundreds for manga goku or piccolo.

If android 16 is up next year, I expect a manga gohan rerelease.

And next year needs to see some form of ssj vegeta release. be it new or rerel.

Does anyone knows why Amazon delay so much putting figures in pre order? I'm still waiting for Broly, I'll just do the free international Shipping once more but I can't if they don't put broly, same happens with SW Black Series... Every other online shop have them but amazon

Back