Sabretooth PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#17 EX in the house. This guy is awesome! I can't see why he still has not sold out?? Aside from Venom he is my all time favorite Marvel villan. This PFF captures Sabretooth perfectly, but if I could have him as a Comiquette instead with the same pose & defined muscles instead of the "pajamas" I would opt for that. All that aside, he is still a killer statue worth every penny.

:lol:lol:lol and oh yea, congrats!!! I mean it, congrats!

you can't even tell it's fabric unless you're a few inches away from it, but most of the haters prolly have never seen a sabretooth PF up close :dunno

Yup couldn't agree more. From the pics you can tell but in hand you have to get really up close. Same goes for the Wolverine PF. Hope they don't end up making all PFs like Cyclops, Gambit, and Rogue cause I really like how Sabretooth turned out. Sales aren't gonna help its cause though :(

My only issue with the fabric is that you are not able to see defined muscles. The artist put work into sculpting them all, but when the fabric goes on top, you don't see anything. If there was a way to adhere/glue the fabric to the polystone to make the muscles stand out that would be killer. As it stands it is more "realistic" with fabric, but then again we are not dealing with realistic subject matter:monkey1

Just bought a brand new Wolverine PF! Cant believe I found one, then went ahead and ordered a Sabretooth EX! (the ex head is a must have) I grew up owning mostly wolverine/sabretooth toys from the 90's, I am soooo excited!

My only issue with the fabric is that you are not able to see defined muscles. The artist put work into sculpting them all, but when the fabric goes on top, you don't see anything. If there was a way to adhere/glue the fabric to the polystone to make the muscles stand out that would be killer. As it stands it is more "realistic" with fabric, but then again we are not dealing with realistic subject matter:monkey1

:goodpost:
Couldn't have said it better myself. :lecture

A few more pics can't hurt :)
vsz.jpg

vsx.jpg

Very well put. This is a killer sculpt that would have been a slam dunk for me if it was fully sculpted. It pained me to pass on this piece because of the pj's. I will pick up a comiquette if it's a good sculpt but it will more than likely be in 1/5 scale.

I just can't seem to win with SSC. I just want 1/4 scale fully sculpted statues. :dunno

Like the custom but still prefer the original version. Could be that I like the modern costume more though. Would love to see a customized fully sculpted modern version.

FK the pj

rjp8iq.jpg

1hqo7q.jpg

My God! How can anyone want to cover up all the amazing details on this sculpt. Look at how ripped he is under the pj's. Well done GW! If they offered this as a fully sculpted piece, there is no doubt I would have picked this up. Damn, what could have been!:slap

Like the custom but still prefer the original version. Could be that I like the modern costume more though. Would love to see a customized fully sculpted modern version.

+1! I would love to see a modern costume fully sculpted. However, as GW's customized piece shows, it'll look great because all the details and muscle tone will show up in a fully sculpted piece.

Whether you prefer the modern or classic duds, fully sculpted still will look best. GW's amazing custom piece shows that.

Back