SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes. Sandie's weathering looks really bad. Doesn't look like dirt at all. More like he's loosing paint and the primer underneath is a wierd color brown.

Is that the Emperor's chair behind Vader? Sorry if it been asked already. I am buzzing in and out so many threads looking at all the goodness to come.

Is that the Emperor's chair behind Vader? Sorry if it been asked already. I am buzzing in and out so many threads looking at all the goodness to come.

That's Thrawn's throne.

Bigger pic of the Sandtrooper (RichAlot posted a link above). I'm a little uncertain about the paint apps.

Ditto, Batty....
It does look more like "paint" instead of "sand"...maybe some eye-witness accounts can sway us...

Is this the production piece? I missed out on this one too and am on the WL...

Looks about right.

tatooinepatrolmovie.jpg

That's Thrawn's throne.

Bigger pic of the Sandtrooper (RichAlot posted a link above). I'm a little uncertain about the paint apps.

Maybe a shade too dark, but overall I think it looks great. I wasn't psyched about this one until I saw these pictures.

his weapon looks bad ass.................ssc always nails the guns pretty damn well perfect.

Glad to see this fig come up again. I hope it looks closer the original proto pics. But, it is still a keeper for sure. It will look great with my Medi Sandtrooper.

If anything, I think it looks a little too clean. No weathering on the helmet, belt, codpiece or pauldron.

The proto weathering is spectacular. No way factory apps would ever look like that.

That is very true. If you look at the Medi Sandtrooper you can see the fingerprint swirls in the weathering. I think they just had people dipping their fingers in paint and rubbing on the fig.

That is very true. If you look at the Medi Sandtrooper you can see the fingerprint swirls in the weathering. I think they just had people dipping their fingers in paint and rubbing on the fig.

Yeah, getting a good Medicom Sandie was all luck. Some looked horrendous. I'll bet the SS ones will all look like the above picture.

If anything, I think it looks a little too clean. No weathering on the helmet, belt, codpiece or pauldron.

Agreed.

I have to say that the dirt deco does kind of look like the movie counterparts.

I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those "did you get a good one" kind of things.

It's also a good example of artistic license being an improvement over movie accuracy. If they looked more like the proto, I think the odds of getting a good one would be higher. It's more subtle and natural. If they could reproduce the effect once, they could do it hundred of times. When it's harder-toned like the production one, I'd think the margin for chances of overly zealous brushwork would be higher.

Not as good as the proto, but I don't think the sand weathering as good as it could be reproduced in mass production.

Back