SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is quite a difference compared to the site photos.

There it is. That's what I was expecting. The weathering on the one at SDCC just looks too much like paint chipping. I may have to cancel this and just pic up the parts needed to turn a Stormie into a Sandie and weather him myself.

That's Thrawn's throne.

Bigger pic of the Sandtrooper (RichAlot posted a link above). I'm a little uncertain about the paint apps.

Medi's weathering was nice on there Sandie. Too bad SS couldn't have done similarly.

Looks about right.

tatooinepatrolmovie.jpg

I never understood how these guys got so filthy. Did they roll around in the sand? Get caught in a sandstorm?

I agree and am very concerned about the SDCC paint apps. The pic on the proto looks phenominal and a no brainer order for me. If the SDCC turns out to be production representative, I may need to cancel. That does not look like sand but bad paint.

SS please get this right!

I think it's a safe bet the SDCC Sandtrooper is a production sample, it looks nothing like the prototype and I don't think they'd paint another piece for convention display.

I wonder if Lando's a production sample, he looks really nice.

Lando looks incredible. Better than the prototype.

If that Lando is indeed a production version, its my favorite human Star Wars character from SS so far this year, i see nothing wrong with the figure at all...clothing looks great as well.

Is there a chance the body might be tighter on this one? Since they've seemed to be getting tighter on each release. Or will they just use the same ol ST bodies that are loose? Wasn't the Force Unleashed figure a little tighter?

I agree that the weathering in the proto could probably not be reproduced in mass production. But that begs the question: why does SS show us a proto 1/6 fig with pain apps that they must know can never look like that when it goes to production. I don't think this Sandtrooper looks that bad, but it is just a disapoinment from the original pics. If SS had showed what this would probably look like when shipped back when they announded it. You would see fewer disapointed people now.

I disagree with the comment that the proto weathering couldn't be accomplished in production or at least close to that. Medi came closer to SS's proto paint than SS did.

I disagree with the comment that the proto weathering couldn't be accomplished in production or at least close to that. Medi came closer to SS's proto paint than SS did.

You really think this looks better?

watermark.php

This was my old Sandie and you can see fingerprints where they smudged paint on (and I got one of the better ones). The weathering also varied wildly from figure to figure.

Back