SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest allure of this particular Sandtrooper for me is the "Look sir, droids" hand, but as far as weapons and all, I'm really waiting for the orange one.

I was surprised to hear in the comic con coverage that the pauldron has cloth, I figured it'd be a solid sculpted piece, a nice touch and more realistic on Sideshow's part doing it the way they have.

The biggest allure of this particular Sandtrooper for me is the "Look sir, droids" hand, but as far as weapons and all, I'm really waiting for the orange one.

I was surprised to hear in the comic con coverage that the pauldron has cloth, I figured it'd be a solid sculpted piece, a nice touch and more realistic on Sideshow's part doing it the way they have.

The definitely did knock this one out of the park I think.

I'm on the waitlist for the EX how long does it normally take to find out ? Also do think i have any chance ?

I got the hasbro one in a box somewhere. My kid was playing with it for a time. (scale would be way off)but with some weathering to it and put it in a backdrop it might not look bad. But yeah i've always liked them, a creature that i would for sure buy if someone made it.

(killed a lot of them in star wars galaxies for meat :))

the hasbro one isnt so bad imo. i would like to see ssc's take on it as well though. i dirtied one up but going to revisit it (repaint) when i get around to it. sandtroopers were always my fav as a kid. i mean come on.........they rode GIANT FRICKIN LIZARDS & HAD LAZERS.....:lol
st2.jpg

Almost makes you wonder, would Lucas ever change ANH to have the Sandtroopers with speedbikes or something technologicial instead of Dewbacks. Really with all the technology at their disposal, it doesn't make much sense for them to need Dewbacks for travel. Makes sense for Tusken's with Bantha's and all because they're local, without resources doing what they can, but the Empire has everything at their disposal.

Lucas was obviously going for that fantasy "money shot"... i remember the first photo of a Stormtrooper on a Dewback... it absolutely captured my attention.

Arghh The Dewback, back from when SW had a cool background story, when Tatooine's harsh sand took too much of a toll on hardware so the Imperials resorted Native Pack Animals, But as we saw in the PT & SE every man & his womprat have plentiful operational vehichles :google:banghead

I'm really want this figure, can't decide to buy local or keep my Exclusive & sort out CC before hand :monkey1

I have the original SW paperpack (well released after the movie) with the Dew Pics, alwways an image I loved

Almost makes you wonder, would Lucas ever change ANH to have the Sandtroopers with speedbikes or something technologicial instead of Dewbacks. Really with all the technology at their disposal, it doesn't make much sense for them to need Dewbacks for travel. Makes sense for Tusken's with Bantha's and all because they're local, without resources doing what they can, but the Empire has everything at their disposal.

Just a thought, but maybe Dewbacks have a good sense of smell and are adapt for tracking?

Back