SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't there 'screws' on these figures that allow you to tighten up the joints? Maybe it was just the armored bodies that have that.

Yep. I've tightened the "body & Hip Screws" but there aren't any on the Knees and Elbows - which were the worst offenders.

It's a shame 'cos the design is exactly the same as the True type, but you can "feel" the difference in quality when you compare a stripped Slim TT and the SS armoured body. The plastic is cheaper and the construction of the joints themselves is simply not as good. I can only guess that sideshow made a decision to enter the market at a lower price point rather than compete head on with Medicom and HT. and a consequence of this is a "slightly" inferior product. I wish they had gone the other way, added another $25 - $30 to each figure and really nailed them!

Just my humble opinion though... :peace

Well that's an option if the color's the only concern, but they also have different guns and backpacks and that's a big part of why I want the orange one too. I'm pretty sure orange is the one that carries the big canon looking gun.

Forward1.jpg

I ended up deciding on only getting this one because I think this one has the most badass rifle.

Is it possible that it's been delayed because they're working on getting the chest armor shaped better? They already added the velcro to Han & Luke.

Part of me wants to sell it and just keep the Ex. hand, that hand is really all that's driving me on this purchase, I much prefer the gear and look for the orange pauldron Sandtrooper, but I really want to have that hand for the classic moment, it's all of like 5-10 seconds of film and yet I find I'd really enjoy being able to pose a Sandtrooper with it.

:lecture... I want that damn hand too!!! At this point I've cancelled mine but that doesn't mean I won't want it in a month or so. I have a Hasbro Dewback on the way that I plan to paint up so I'm sure I'll need a nice Trooper to go on top...

It looks like the Sandie good pushed back from September to October! :mad:
Hopefully that means early October ! I'm going to get hammered those last 3 months with the Sandie, Lando, German Indy, the Shock Trooper and Thrawn.

So yes nearer... as in each day we are one day closer to getting the figure, but when that will be is debatable :lol

I still have my fingers crossed that my waitlist will convert for the ex! I was 3 hours late to the PPO, so I'm hopeful I'll convert!

I guess you guys missed it! Per yesterdays News Letter the Sandtrooper is on the " Coming in the Next 30 Days List" .

I would not be surprised to get a 15-20 notice in the next week or so.

Back