SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's a par figure?

For refference
sandtrooper.jpg

For Eagle
3256354024_0dc2c646d5.jpg

For Par
star_wars_sandtrooper_collectible.jpg

For Bogey(since we never see a ROTJ style helmet on a Sandtrooper)
review_medisandtroop_1.jpg

If you can't see the glaring differences from the more canon Marmit kit..don't bother replying to this.

I've always been able to see how much better the Marmit was than Medicom's, but I thought Sideshow's stormtrooper (inaccuracies aside) looked better than Marmit's. I can't entirely tell yet, but so far I like SS's sandtrooper's gear much better.

If SS fixed the helmet(especially the brow),cod piece and the top of the right calf armour(and armour to be more form fitting)..then it would be great IMO.

Perfect detailing would be sweet. Without it, this figure still rocks and I'm really excited about it. I never got a regular stormtrooper so my anticipation is amped a bit more than most.

Perfect detailing would be sweet. Without it, this figure still rocks and I'm really excited about it. I never got a regular stormtrooper so my anticipation is amped a bit more than most.

Well, hopefully you get one with a tight body..my SS Stormtrooper is tricky to stand on its own..I swear,the damn figure has narcolepsy.

If SS fixed the helmet(especially the brow),cod piece and the top of the right calf armour(and armour to be more form fitting)..then it would be great IMO.

But if that's all ya got to ^^^^^ about, it's still nothing. Each and every one of those Sandtroopers you posted have glaring issues.

But if that's all ya got to ^^^^^ about, it's still nothing. Each and every one of those Sandtroopers you posted have glaring issues.

Its a big difference to me, from what i see on screen..Marmit has captured the design of these guys the best so far...design wise, there is not much i see off about the armour on the marmits..it just lacks weathering and a proper articulated body..don't forget though, these came out over 12 years ago.

Got my notice today. I have two Ex's oredered, but might cancel one at least. I saw this Trooper at SDCC in person, and one thing is for sure. It will need to be repainted cause the paint apps look like somebody wiped crap all over it. It sure as heck doesn't look like this pic.

Its a big difference to me, from what i see on screen..Marmit has captured the design of these guys the best so far...design wise, there is not much i see off about the armour on the marmits..it just lacks weathering and a proper articulated body..don't forget though, these came out over 12 years ago.

Still doesn't matter. The body sucks ass and is an expensive replacement, the entire midsection (abdomen, belt, pelvic armor) is a halfassed molded 1-piece as are the boots and shin armor, the "sand" effect looks more like he was freckled by a Bantha's diarrhea fart, etc., etc. To me, especially for the price you pay (back then it was equal to Sideshow's now and now, even more), those are more glaring issues than Sideshow's. As with Medicom's, the Marmits were good for their time, but that time has come and will be gone in less than 12 days when Sideshow's processes and ships.

Their armor doesn't hold a candle to what Sideshow's done with their Sandtrooper:

Marmit Sandtrooper:
marmitsandtrooperinside1.jpg

Sideshow Sandtrooper:
img0814jpg.jpg

The biggest mistake you can make is taking a freak's custom Marmit Sandtrooper and comparing it to Sideshow's factory version. Straight from the factory, Sideshow's kicks Marmit's ass every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Last edited:
Still doesn't matter. The body sucks ass and is an expensive replacement, the entire midsection (abdomen, belt, pelvic armor) is a halfassed molded 1-piece as are the boots and shin armor, the "sand" effect looks more like he was freckled by a Bantha's diarrhea fart, etc., etc. To me, especially for the price you pay (back then it was equal to Sideshow's now and now, even more), those are more glaring issues than Sideshow's. As with Medicom's, the Marmits were good for their time, but that time has come and will be gone in less than 12 days when Sideshow's processes and ships.

Their armor doesn't hold a candle to what Sideshow's done with their Sandtrooper:
marmitsandtrooperinside1.jpg

The biggest mistake you can make is taking a freak's custom Marmit Sandtrooper and comparing it to Sideshow's factory version. Straight from the factory, Sideshow's kicks Marmit's ass any day of the week and twice on weekends.

These were considered "Kits" and are over 12yrs old, the initial price was much less for these then SS's rate now for a similar product.Yea the weathering is bad..the body etc..its old and a kit, makes sense! but, still better then Hasbro(which was the only line that stood up to this at the time)..just overall design is much closer to the films, which i admire most about these..and i mean, still you can find MIB Marmits on Ebay sometimes for $130 more or less, which is way more then what they initially used to go for but, they look really nice..no denying that.

Back around 2002, you could easily pick these up for around $60-80.

These were considered "Kits" and are over 12yrs old, the initial price was much less for these then SS's rate now for a similar product.Yea the weathering is bad..the body etc..its old and a kit, makes sense! but, still better then Hasbro(which was the only line that stood up to this at the time)..just overall design is much closer to the films, which i admire most about these..and i mean, still you can find MIB Marmits on Ebay sometimes for $130 or more, which is way more then what they initially used to go for but, they look really nice..no denying that.

But we weren't comparing it to Hasbro, we were comparing it to Sideshow. And the ones I imported 12 years ago, still cost me a bill a piece. So no, they weren't any cheaper than Sideshow's. I'll trade accurately pieced armor with minor discrepancies for halfassed molded-together armor and having to purchase an additional body as well as make numerous mods to get it looking remotely lifelike any day of the week. I won't even touch on the Hasbro-ey weapons they have. They're more to scale than Medi's, but still look like ^^^^. :lol

Last edited:
Only thing that really is important to me is the helmet looking canon and having the variations(like raised brow) that were seen on screen, parts of the SS troopers armour look like it had an allergic reaction after being stung by a bee..especially the calf armour...and i mean of course the Marmit is going to have some lesser detailing, its old..but, it still stand up to anything made these days..for overall presentation, with mods even more so.

Only thing that really is important to me is the helmet looking canon and having the variations(like raised brow) that were seen on screen, parts of the SS troopers armour look like it had an allergic reaction after being stung by a bee..especially the calf armour...and i mean of course the Marmit is going to have some lesser detailing, its old..but, it still stand up to anything made these days..for overall presentation, with mods even more so.

Not out of the box, no. With mods, I might agree, but it's redundant because mods to Sideshow's would make theirs look that much better.

Not out of the box, no. With mods, I might agree, but it's redundant because mods to Sideshow's would make theirs look that much better.

Sideshow's Sand/Stormtrooper helmets need a redesign IMO..its what hurts the figure the most, I would have bought atleast 3 of them by now if the helmet was done better.

Sideshow's Sand/Stormtrooper helmets need a redesign IMO..its what hurts the figure the most, I would have bought atleast 3 of them by now if the helmet was done better.

"HURRAY" some one is on the same planet ! SS stormtrooper helmets are way off model. I have all the marmits and nothing except the new Darth has ever come close to the the enjoyment and satisfaction i see in them. All this MODS ^^^^! Why should you have to do mods when we are paying the price that we are, and they have all the staff that are working on these designs !

Get it right !

Go Marmits !!!!!

Back