SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to laugh if the orange pauldron Sandy is never made. :p Until, if/when that should happen, my Sandtrooper will be swapping paultrons with my Koto Sandy.
In one of the Ask sideshow things, they said they have plans to do all the different colors of sandtrooper.

"HURRAY" some one is on the same planet ! SS stormtrooper helmets are way off model. I have all the marmits and nothing except the new Darth has ever come close to the the enjoyment and satisfaction i see in them. All this MODS ^^^^! Why should you have to do mods when we are paying the price that we are, and they have all the staff that are working on these designs !

Get it right !

Go Marmits !!!!!

Meh, even the Marmit needs mods.

Can someone tell me what's wrong with the helmet? It looks like a sandtrooper to me.

Anywho, mine's on flexpay, and the last flexpayment is scheduled for october 5th.

"HURRAY" some one is on the same planet ! SS stormtrooper helmets are way off model. I have all the marmits and nothing except the new Darth has ever come close to the the enjoyment and satisfaction i see in them. All this MODS ^^^^! Why should you have to do mods when we are paying the price that we are, and they have all the staff that are working on these designs !

Get it right !

Go Marmits !!!!!

:duff Cheers! buuudaayyy!

Can someone tell me what's wrong with the helmet? It looks like a sandtrooper to me.

Well I guess if you can't tell, there is no need to ruin your enjoyment of the figure (hell I never noticed the small cod piece until noted here" thanks guys")
but to those who can tell there are a few things that ruin it for us. some angles are fine though

yep the helmet & the shrunken groin really kill the SS figs

Agreed, plus the floppy joints. The helmet can be modded (partially), and hopefully the joints will be tighter on the new figs. Until today we don't have a (close to perfect) Stormtrooper figure, and I'm afraid this will apply to the Sandtrooper as well. When I look at my Gentle Giant Stormtrooper bust and see its great helmet and compare it to SS I want to cry.

Agreed, plus the floppy joints. The helmet can be modded (partially), and hopefully the joints will be tighter on the new figs. Until today we don't have a (close to perfect) Stormtrooper figure, and I'm afraid this will apply to the Sandtrooper as well. When I look at my Gentle Giant Stormtrooper bust and see its great helmet and compare it to SS I want to cry.

I have the GG Sandtrooper bust... it's nice biut what is going on with his back-pack, unless it's based on one I haven't seen before, and I scoured my reference books but can't find a single one that looks like it. It's almost like they just made it up. I'm obviusly willing to eat humble pie if someone can prove otherwise!

I have the GG Sandtrooper bust... it's nice biut what is going on with his back-pack, unless it's based on one I haven't seen before, and I scoured my reference books but can't find a single one that looks like it. It's almost like they just made it up. I'm obviusly willing to eat humble pie if someone can prove otherwise!

I never mentioned GG Sandtrooper in my post above ;) I don't have it and don't know how it looks like since I never seen on in person. I only have the GG Stormtrooper and that helmet is the most accurate 1:6 Stormtrooper helmet I've seen - and still not perfect since the 2 microphones are too long.

I never mentioned GG Sandtrooper in my post above ;) I don't have it and don't know how it looks like since I never seen on in person. I only have the GG Stormtrooper and that helmet is the most accurate 1:6 Stormtrooper helmet I've seen - and still not perfect since the 2 microphones are too long.

Sorry jkno, I wasn't pointing the finger, it just occured to me when you mentioned GG Stormtroopers. I'm not much into busts on the whole (appart from a chosen few), and it was a very generous gift from a friend. But whenever I look at his back pack I do find myself thinking WTF did they do with the back-pack?

I was going to point that out eventually, glad you picked up on that as well.

Sorry jkno, I wasn't pointing the finger, it just occured to me when you mentioned GG Stormtroopers. I'm not much into busts on the whole (appart from a chosen few), and it was a very generous gift from a friend. But whenever I look at his back pack I do find myself thinking WTF did they do with the back-pack?

Not a problem, I'm not into busts either, I only have a few. :) But The GG Stormtrooper bust is one of their best. I'm curious about their upcoming Stormie statue - the Blackhole Stormtrooper statue is cool, but somehow feels cheap: no silver paint on mouth and chin area, stand/base is very small, he is attached to the base, has a weird effeminate pose, has no extra arms. But since I'm a Stormie freak I still like it. :D

Not a problem, I'm not into busts either, I only have a few. :) But The GG Stormtrooper bust is one of their best. I'm curious about their upcoming Stormie statue - the Blackhole Stormtrooper statue is cool, but somehow feels cheap: no silver paint on mouth and chin area, stand/base is very small, he is attached to the base, has a weird effeminate pose, has no extra arms. But since I'm a Stormie freak I still like it. :D

This is true with all the various poses it can be put in, comes with the MG42 as well.

Get it right !

Go Marmits !!!!!

Yeah, Mars, and you both've been breathing the wonky air there too long. Here on Earth, the Marmits need heavy mods to even come close to being worth the heavy price tag. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Still doesn't matter. The body sucks ass and is an expensive replacement, the entire midsection (abdomen, belt, pelvic armor) is a halfassed molded 1-piece as are the boots and shin armor, the "sand" effect looks more like he was freckled by a Bantha's diarrhea fart, etc., etc. To me, especially for the price you pay (back then it was equal to Sideshow's now and now, even more), those are more glaring issues than Sideshow's. As with Medicom's, the Marmits were good for their time, but that time has come and will be gone in less than 12 days when Sideshow's processes and ships.

Their armor doesn't hold a candle to what Sideshow's done with their Sandtrooper:

The biggest mistake you can make is taking a freak's custom Marmit Sandtrooper and comparing it to Sideshow's factory version. Straight from the factory, Sideshow's kicks Marmit's ass every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
:lecture:lecture
Yep, I have a stock Marmit Sandie sitting right here and the damn thing can't stand on it's own. The Marmit has a few more issues you didn't mention like the plastic pouches with hollow backs, one piece foot and shin armor with no ankle articulation, plastic pauldron that limits shoulder movement, and the one peice hip and waist armor that even after cutting the sides and heating to soften was so damn tight, it broke one of the hips (the first ever drill, pin, and glue job I ever did).
All this for about the same price as SSC's Sandtrooper. :rolleyes:

The helmet is off a bit and the groin portion of the armor is too small, but overall Sideshow's Sandtrooper is worth the $100 just as much as Marmit's was.

:lecture:lecture
Yep, I have a stock Marmit Sandie sitting right here and the damn thing can't stand on it's own. The Marmit has a few more issues you didn't mention like the plastic pouches with hollow backs, one piece foot and shin armor with no ankle articulation, plastic pauldron that limits shoulder movement, and the one peice hip and waist armor that even after cutting the sides and heating to soften was so damn tight, it broke one of the hips (the first ever drill, pin, and glue job I ever did).
All this for about the same price as SSC's Sandtrooper. :rolleyes:

The helmet is off a bit and the groin portion of the armor is too small, but overall Sideshow's Sandtrooper is worth the $100 just as much as Marmit's was.

Helmet is not off at all..These kits are like 12 years old and retailed around $60(asian market only) and below when they first hit...they can't be compared..it puts the SS SandTrooper to shame though for it being so old yet has a more canon look.

Helmet is not off at all..These kits are like 12 years old and retailed around $60(asian market only) and below when they first hit...they can't be compared..it puts the SS SandTrooper to shame though for it being so old yet has a more canon look.

He was talking about Sideshow's Sandy. And they can be compared. You don't go by what the sell in the Asian market for, you go by the total import cost. And that cost is on par, if not a bit more, than Sideshow's Sandtroopers. And as far as cannon, no. In your anti-all things Sideshow bias, you keep ignoring very real facts like the midsections all molded as one piece, the boot/shin armor too, the poor molding of the blaster etc., etc. Even with the minor errors, the mere fact that Sideshow's armor is pieced together just like the 1:1 stuff makes theirs considerably more cannon.

I bought my Marmit Stormtrooper when they came out and it was a hell of a lot more then $60 bucks.

Back