SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take an orange pauldron one in addition, unless it was debuted before this one, then I'd just swap. I like the orange because it breaks up the visual a bit, too much black and white in this look.

I agree.

And let's not just think "Dewback" for SDCC...

Let's think -- Speeder Bike with Biker Scout for SDCC!!!

At the risk of opening a big discussion, is there any difference other than pauldron colors?

Some of them have different weapons, back packs and accessory possibilities (examples: the floating droid from ANH:SE, droid parts from "Look,sir! Droids!"),

Makes me wish Sideshow would consider a real "Deluxe" kind of approach here. I'd be okay with paying a more premium price here if say, a trooper type like the Sandtrooper, was given a big release with all of the relevant variations like shoulder pauldrons, belt pouches, weapons/guns, scanners/droids included in one package. Allow for multiple purchases so folks can army-build and/or mix-n-match their troopers for display as they see fit.

But I think it's safe to say what we're going to see is each and every variant imaginable released one at a time....ah well. Love these armored guys, right? :)

I agree.

And let's not just think "Dewback" for SDCC...

Let's think -- Speeder Bike with Biker Scout for SDCC!!!

Indeed, that would be badass. How about 2009, the year of the vehicles. Speeder Bike and Darth Maul's speeder, but Maul needs LED's, there's just no point making it without functioning electronics, it'll only superceed Hasbro in Paint apps without working lights.

Let nots get crazy here, lets try and get Lando and Dooku first, them we can start hoping for vehicules :)

If anyone would have told me two years ago that the day SSC announced a sandtrooper, there would only be 106 relies to the thread I would swear they were on crack.

At the risk of opening a big discussion, is there any difference other than pauldron colors?

Guns, pouches, and weathering....that's how marmit did it, and would expect similar with SS

The helmet on the Sandtroopers should be a tad different with the black line above the eyes

Meh. I'm already tired of the armored figures.

:lol :lol :lol 12 months ago I don't think anyone would ever have said that :lol

Looks kind of cool, not sure if its a must-have... guess it will depend on how the proto looks and if there are any changes (ie the weathering looking bad) when they start shipping.

:lol :lol :lol 12 months ago I don't think anyone would ever have said that :lol

It's bound to happen, as soon as I saw this and read the talk of next year, I could just hear the griping of too much armor coming, sometimes I do feel for Sideshow, damned if you do, damned if you don't. I've got ways I'd like to see the line go and characters I'd like to see sooner rather than later, but I don't condemn them for their choices in what they do. Hell, depending on what they do for amor I could actually save a good deal by having less things I want put out next year, I welcome it. The Hans and Lukes and Tarkins and Landos are hard to pass up, variants on troopers are easy to let go.

You know technically we have only had one ship. Besides weren't people (me included) wanting armored figures from the get go?

What armored figure has shipped? I'm really happy about this announcement because I've wanted a Sandtrooper, I just don't know how well he'll go with the Vader display I had been planning.

Back