SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope my dollar recovers soon... these things are hitting the $180 mark at retail for me DAMN...
it does look really good, some of the usual tweaking i'm sure. the regulars should be here next month followed by the Ep3 trooper then the big one Vader thats around $700 for me from now til April thats with 2 regulars

Problem is we will go from a Hazy shot of the proto :

SandtrooperPREVIEWnewsletter1-1-09.jpg

to the production on your shelf looking not dis-similar from :

k+sdtrp4.jpg

Chicken_Little.jpg

He looks good from what I can see (it is very blurry). I hope the weathering translates well on the production piece. It will be interesting to see how quickly this one sells out compared to the Stormtrooper considering the pre-sales that were done for the Stormtrooper at Comic Con. I wonder if the edition size will be 1977 like Vader or 1500 like the Stormtrooper? I'm all for armored figures, but I do hope that SS paces themselves with the armor and they sprinkle in the unarmored characters we have all been screaming for (Lando, Dooku and Tarkin are definites I would like to see). I know I may be in the minority here, but I also hope they don't saturate us with variants on the Sandtrooper also. The white pauldron with an exclusive gun works great for me (I’m hoping they stay away from exclusive stands on this one) and maybe do the orange pauldron for Comic Con or something later. I really hope they don't release an orange pauldron Sandtrooper as the exclusive and the white pauldron as the regular on the 9th. I'm not sure I could afford them both at the same time and it would kill me not to be able to get them both. Just a little space and time is all I ask for. I already work two jobs now, looks like I may have to take on a third if 2009 is going to be full of armor (armor = higher price point). I'm beginning to think SS needs to consider "Flex Pay" for anything over $100 during these tough financial times. . . so much for planning to pay off my credit card. Oh well, I do love my SS figures and honestly I would be disappointed if we went longer than a few weeks with no announcements. It just seems like they have been churning out the new 1/6 scale figures over the last several months. Guess they realized their 1/6 Star Wars line is their biggest money maker (I assume it is). Boba and/or Jango have to be huge bleeps on the radar for 2009.

Last edited:
I'll definitely pre-order this and if they announce an orange pauldron version before this one ships, I'd cancel this one and go for the orange one. I don't think I can afford both in anticipation for other announcements this year.

But didn't the orange pauldron version have a different rifle? **sign** Geez! Maybe I will have to get both!

I'm gonna pre-order this and Piett when they go up, but if they both release around the same time then I'll probably cancel one. I

I like it.

I doubt the stand will be the exclusive. That seems like more of a Clone Trooper thing to me. We got a different weapon with the Stormtrooper - my guess is that it will be a different coloured shoulder pauldron.

Well....

This is a great announcement, but it's also a forecast of things to come for this year. Folks have been clamoring for armor and here it comes...

...and there goes my completist streak with this collection. No way I can keep up this pace of releases, as much as I'd like to, and while I have also been looking forward to the armored characters in the Sideshow collection, I'm not interested in getting every variation (pauldron changes, different color schemes, weapons, etc) that comes out. I already passed on the paintball Trooper...the standard white on is good enough for me....

So...while I like this particular trooper and will order it (he was the one featured in that classic SW promo shot of the trooper astride the dewback), I'll have to pass on the various Sandies that are sure to follow...

The question now is, big SDCC piece, Dewback? I'd take a solid vinyl one like Jabba to have him ride, it's a cool looking beast and doesn't have to be poseable to add to the display.

I'm not interested in getting every variation (pauldron changes, different color schemes, weapons, etc) that comes out. I already passed on the paintball Trooper...the standard white on is good enough for me....

I agree... no way am I buying 10 different stormtroopers. This may be a very cheap year for me as it relates to Star Wars because I think we will have about 5 different versions. But it will let me save enough $ to keep Blackbeard so thats good.

I could possibly get the variants but it would depend on the timing (if together no way) & the amount of difference (the missus will only allow so many of the same figure :p)

I'll take an orange pauldron one in addition, unless it was debuted before this one, then I'd just swap. I like the orange because it breaks up the visual a bit, too much black and white in this look.

Back