SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today! No point in posting pics though since I keep the Exclusives MIB. I have a Reg version coming in 2 weeks that is going to be my opener.

They did put some straps at the sides of the chest plate. I haven't tried taking it off, but it looks like at least one side is velcro. You'll still need to heat it up because it is still wide.

Actually I think the wider chestplate sort of suits the sandtrooper gives it that more stunt armour sort of look, was thinking that when I saw the old proto shot next to the standard on the ss site

My sandtrooper is due to arrive on 22 Oct. Shipping to my location is a whopping $60! Ouch!!!! The only good thing for me is that I only need pay the shipping cost for this figure because the full price is paid in rewards points.

Mine came today, but what the hell????

1238797225-stormtrooper_6.jpg

Sorry to rain on your parade but you got a Stormtrooper instead of a Sandtrooper. :lol But even so you need to be happy that you didn't get this:

fegq4k.jpg

I just got my sandtrooper.. Over all I really like the figure and the weathering.. My only wish would be tighter joints...

They've worked out joint issues with the Prometheus, the Vader modified armor body came out fine. Not sure why the Troopers aren't seeing it yet, but I have confidence.

They've worked out joint issues with the Prometheus, the Vader modified armor body came out fine. Not sure why the Troopers aren't seeing it yet, but I have confidence.

Yea, altough I had that issue with the Stormtrooper, I hadn't any problem with Vader :D

Last edited:
Looks like the joints problem will be a permanent issue for all armored figures from SSC. :(

I hoped they will improve but seems not. :( Also no changing to the tiny cod piece, or the helmet dual microphones, not even the chest armor made tighter...

Take a look at these...Man, This is what I plan on doing to mine. Looks good even with the Sideshow weathering. Just more has been added on. These images just make the wait (10/20) even more unbearable. I think this figure, with minor tweaks will be one of Sideshow's best, at least until the Squad Leader arrives. Holy Crap this figure rocks in those photos! This person has done a fantastic job!!! Here is the link to the page I found them: https://desmondyoongcollection.blogspot.com/2009/10/sideshow-sandtrooper-in-repainted.html

Last edited:
Back