SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine Friday! Even MIB its an awsome figure. I have one coming in another week or so from Brians Toys. I sold them most of my MIB Hasbro Vehicles along with some figures and battlepack packs and am gettting A Reg Version and some $$.

I just got my Sandtrooper and I have to say, I am much happier with it then I throught I would be. There is a good amount of "subtle" sand weathering on this figure besides the big smears. The Pauldron is dirty and not plain white. I think that pictures are just not picking it up as well at the human eye. Next to my plain stormtoorper he looks yellow and dirty. I am actually quite happy with the weathering. The eyes are a very dark green and the guns (both) are sturdy, solid and look great. My only gripe is that I had to tie on his backpack myself but I think I have it tight enough. Also his right areator (on his helmet) looks like it's facing downinstead of striaght ahead like the left one but I'm not sure if that is intentional. If anyone else knows, please let me know. I'm most pleased. I'll post as many picts as I can.

I forgot to mention that my droid ring had paint scuffs all over it. Again, not sure if that was intentional to make it look used.

I tried to put larger pictures in the body of my post but I;m not sure what I am doing wrong. I have them in my "photo gallery" if you want to look there. I tried to insert them, and I click on the photo I want to insert, but then nothing happens :-(

I'm telling you, this one IS really sand weathered, it just don't show up in photos well....

More...

I forgot to mention that my droid ring had paint scuffs all over it. Again, not sure if that was intentional to make it look used.

I tried to put larger pictures in the body of my post but I;m not sure what I am doing wrong. I have them in my "photo gallery" if you want to look there. I tried to insert them, and I click on the photo I want to insert, but then nothing happens :-(

I'm telling you, this one IS really sand weathered, it just don't show up in photos well....

More...

Hey trooper! Is that a belt or a bodice you're wearing? Pull it down son! LOL

Figure looks cool, but I definitely think somethings up with one of your aerators.

Hey trooper! Is that a belt or a bodice you're wearing? Pull it down son! LOL

Figure looks cool, but I definitely think somethings up with one of your aerators.

Eek! Thanks for the catch. No more "senior citizen" belt. Looking at the ariator, it actually looked sculpted to be pointing in a different direction. Hmmm....

I received my Sandtrooper today, and am very happy with it.

As noted in an earlier post, the helmet does have dark green lenses.....

The body on this one is much, much tighter than previous armored Stormie bodies I have, but not enough to have him stand up with the backpack

Weather is not as good as proto, but I have no issues with final result......

Exclusive droid part is NOT glued to sandtrooper hand. This thing will be easy to lose...

Not sure I dig the Pauldron the way they did it, but final result is an "A" grade!

Got mine today as well... really enjoying this one. Weathering looks great... much more variation than a lot of the images would suggest. Sure its not as nice as the proto, but still very good for a mass market job.

Accessories are great and the body works pretty well. The right elbow seems a bit weak on mine, but he can stand with full gear w/o issue.

Here's some shots of mine:
storma.jpg

stormb.jpg

And with a regular stormie...​
stormc.jpg

Cool pics, GB!

With his arm up, does it push the pauldron and helmet up? Or is that just how you have the helmet posed?

Just how the helmet was posed... you can get the arm out parallel before running into the pauldron which seems about right.

Got the Exclusive to keep boxed last Friday and just found out today that I should have my regualr version that I'll open up and play with er dispaly this Friday.

Back