SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh Ooh play.com say the sandies will be in stock on the 13th of this month. I bet its a lie though knowing them they'll have them in a few days, as they've done that before. :monkey1

P1080119.jpg

Sponge inside of the legs armor to keep in position

Thats a great tip for the armor. Thanks :D

Oooh Ooh play.com say the sandies will be in stock on the 13th of this month. I bet its a lie though knowing them they'll have them in a few days, as they've done that before. :monkey1

Young man! Go and change your trousers right this minute! You're far too excited for my licking... ahem, I mean liking!

xil3f - Love your Sandy mate.. That neck mod does make a vast improvement..

What are you guys using to weather the armor, such as the backpack etc if you don't mind me asking..
If Drybrushing , what color , type of paint etc.

Thanks.

hey guys, i was just wandering, why dont the sandtroopers have the blaster holster on their hip?
I just recieved my sandtrooper and was looking forward to having the blaster holstered but....... holster does not feature!:confused:

xil3f - Love your Sandy mate.. That neck mod does make a vast improvement..

What are you guys using to weather the armor, such as the backpack etc if you don't mind me asking..
If Drybrushing , what color , type of paint etc.

Thanks.

Thanks mate! I haven't done any for the armor but for weathering the backpack, I use pentel chalk pastel..(dark brown)...grind it to powder form.Using a brush or fingers to smudge over the edges and downward.
Or alternatively, you can use Tamiya weathering stick (mud) , just apply alittle and use fingers to smudge.
hope that this helps G'day! :chew

P1080125.jpg

hey guys, i was just wandering, why dont the sandtroopers have the blaster holster on their hip?
I just recieved my sandtrooper and was looking forward to having the blaster holstered but....... holster does not feature!:confused:

They never had holsters. I suppose as soon as thier on patrol their constantly armed.

Thanks mate! I haven't done any for the armor but for weathering the backpack, I use pentel chalk pastel..(dark brown)...grind it to powder form.Using a brush or fingers to smudge over the edges and downward.
Or alternatively, you can use Tamiya weathering stick (mud) , just apply alittle and use fingers to smudge.

P1080125.jpg

G'day right back at ya..lol

Thanks for sharing that, I appreciate it.

P1080125.jpg

thanks for the tips mate! :chew:chew

man.. I need to stop looking at this thread... It makes me want to buy an additional trooper... LOL

Man are the po...sand smears on the trooper printed on? That's so weird. I can see it done for intricate complicated designs such as tattoos and the markings on Abe Sapien but to do it for fairly simply weathering is just odd.

I think Sideshow is having a good influence on Hasbro. I just saw a Wal-Mart exclusive battle pack with a Dewback and a white pauldron Sandtrooper figure (which they have had for a while), but with the blaster that the first Sideshow Sandtrooper came with. I don't think they have released that one before.

But 30.00 for a new Dewback and a Sandtrooper is way overboard.

Back