SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no knowledge of the difference and am not sure how obvious it would be on a 12" figure. But if it would be noticeable, I'm on Valfar's side here. There have been numerous troopers released by numerous companies at this point and there are only a couple things to improve upon, might as well try and get it ALL right, especially the helmet.

All this being said - Sideshow makes, far and away, the best troopers. And virtually all other figures I collect for that matter.

I know SS got the markings on the Sandtrooper helmet correct when compared to a Stormie but, all the rest looks like a hero helmet just like the Stormtrooper.I have here just a few pics to show the differences in helmets.First pic has the Hero(Han and Luke wore these) on the left and the Stunt(mostly the standard look seen on screen between Stormies and Sandtroopers) on the right.Stunts had flat lenses and tinted green,the Hero had bubble lenses with a smoke tint,also Stunts had more teeth on the helmets then the Hero and the brow was a lot lower on the Hero and straight compared to the various Stunt helmets.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

No sir, SSC took big shortcuts by taking the same Hero version helmet from their Stormtrooper and just re-using it for their Sandtrooper..no Sandtrooper in the films had a Hero style helmet..only stunts with flat green lenses(not bubble).It really doesn't make sense as to why SS made their Stormtrooper a Hero when it could have looked better as a Stunt..thats if they ever molded the helmet correctly,which they did not.

HI to all,

I'm trying to understand the helmet styles referred to above with my Sideshow figures. I am really happy with my figures and a big fan of Sideshow.. hence thats why I am here..lol..

But can someone please explain to me what is wrong with the helmets, i attach 3 pics I took of mine , I wish my camera took better pics, both my helmets are different.

what I have:-

1) Stromtrooper Helmet - Black Bubble Lens , 5 Teeth.
2) Sandtrooper Helmet - Flat Green Lense , 7 Teeth.

I admit the brows are the same and thats fine by me, looks like the trooper applied it correctly to the helmet.

So pardon my ignorance any help would be great. I am not tryin to be a smart ****.
Cheers.

DSCF0425.jpg

DSCF0421.jpg

DSCF0423.jpg

HI to all,

I'm trying to understand the helmet styles referred to above with my Sideshow figures. I am really happy with my figures and a big fan of Sideshow.. hence thats why I am here..lol..

But can someone please explain to me what is wrong with the helmets, i attach 3 pics I took of mine , I wish my camera took better pics, both my helmets are different.

I admit the brows are the same and thats fine by me, looks like the trooper applied it correctly to the helmet.

So pardon my ignorance any help would be great. I am not tryin to be a smart ****.
Cheers.

Bro, it's not worth it. Keep your sanity and enjoy your toys. You don't want to take the dark path into anal retention. It just leads to 10-paragraph Sideshow-bashing rants that nobody but the other anal retentive freaks understand and actually give two ^^^^s or a ^^^^ about.

Bro, it's not worth it. Keep your sanity and enjoy your toys. You don't want to take the dark path into anal retention. It just leads to 10-paragraph Sideshow-bashing rants that nobody but the other anal retentive freaks understand and actually give two ^^^^s or a ^^^^ about.

I totally agree with your comment. I buy sideshow figures because (in my eyes) I feel that they are a worthy representation of the characters I see and love in the films I have enjoyed for over 30 years.

It was only just recently I stopped collecting the Hasbro action figures / vehicles etc.
Talk about the head sculpts etc on those...lol... but never bothered me. (yes , they are toys lol)

Last edited:
HI to all,

Cheers.

DSCF0425.jpg

DSCF0421.jpg

DSCF0423.jpg

Ahh right, and SS did give this Sandtrooper the extra "teeth" to ALMOST! make it a Stunt but, still far away from that lol..not bad but, still IMO..the helmet needs a refit,Looking at the movie pics compared to the figure its soo off in my eyes.I am glad though that people still are happy with this release, I know SS will have me sold on something Star Wars soon, maybe Lando or if they can pump out a Snowtrooper, I am sure they will not F that one up..since it is a little less complex in design next to a Stormie.

Nothing to do with the figure, but I'm actually quite surprised by the obvious differences here in this one shot between the two helmets.

Can't really decide which look I like better... now that my brain says I must choose one.

Lol... funny how over the years and countless times of watching the movie , I never really noticed the differences in the helmets at all in ANH.

Lucas on a tight budget and under pressure to release the movie.

I am not 100% sure but, i think the Hero was supposedly only made for close up scenes, with Luke and Han..as these helmets had a bit more detailing, in a way.

I had originally recieved a defective helmet and Sideshow was very fast to send me a replacement. They had asked me to destroy the defect (see last post). Since there are requests for more pictures, here are a few of mine witht he new helmet...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OK - So what I am gathering is that there are so many different looks to the helmets in the movie, that Sideshows has to be perfect to one of them SOMEWHERE in the movie.

PERFECT ******* WORK, SIDESHOW!

Now move on.

Back