SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing to do with the figure, but I'm actually quite surprised by the obvious differences here in this one shot between the two helmets.

Can't really decide which look I like better... now that my brain says I must choose one.

This I could care less about, they both look like storm helmets to me and that's what I remember from watching the films the first time. Kudos to SSC for making the slight change with the Sandie:chew. What really nags the crap outta me is the lazy/missing paint apps, the heavy handed weathering and the loose bodies. All these are manufacturing issues and I really wish SSC would stay on their factorys arse about getting this stuff as close to the production piece as humanly possible. Sure its a toy, but its a $100 dollar toy and that makes it different from say, an $8 Hasbro fig...or even the $20 dollar ones they use to make.

Just got my Sandie and I likes him a lot!
Weathering isn't that much of a prob for me, it looks fine on the shelf.
I put all my SST and Medicom Imperial Troops out and they do make a regal impression in the shelf alongside Vader.

Waaa im gonna have to wait even longer for my sandies, last night my order went from pre-order to order taken, now its back to pre-order :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 5 sad monkeys for that.

Play.com, FP.com says they will have them in stock at the end of next month :monkey2 I hope i get some within the next week or 2 though.

Aye i was really hoping they were on their way today.

No chance mate!

We'll be lucky to get these first week in December.

Always the same ordering through a third party.

How's things? I've been off the forum for a bit. Visiting family in London. I'm gonna put you an R2 in the post this weekend. Promise!

No chance mate!

We'll be lucky to get these first week in December.

Always the same ordering through a third party.

How's things? I've been off the forum for a bit. Visiting family in London. I'm gonna put you an R2 in the post this weekend. Promise!

Im a sad sad panda :monkey2 gonna have to bury myself in doing custom jobbies. I got the parts for a hasbro Deathstar gunner on the way and i just finished my 1/6 Judge Dredd fig which im very happy with.

Did u take Drogs with ya cos he hasn't been on for a few days im getting worried?

Whenever is fine on the R2 m8 even if its weeks from now.

Im a sad sad panda :monkey2 gonna have to bury myself in doing custom jobbies. I got the parts for a hasbro Deathstar gunner on the way and i just finished my 1/6 Judge Dredd fig which im very happy with.

Did u take Drogs with ya cos he hasn't been on for a few days im getting worried?

Whenever is fine on the R2 m8 even if its weeks from now.

Lol - I haven't spoken to Dorgs since Tuesday. He emailed me about 20 minutes after I left FP in London, asking me to pick up a narrow true type for him. He was too late. I was drinking 8.4% lager in Belgo's having bought the last one for myself ( along with a piett on a whim!)

hey! Email some pics of your Dredd. I'm a massive 2000AD fan. I bet it's superb.

Chers mate
DG

Got mine finally!! Raise the helmet by extending the neck joint, make armor tighter around the chest, sponge inside of the legs armor to keep in position, weather the backpack.
& Sandtrooper is ready to rock n roll man!:rock
sandt4.jpg

sandt5.jpg

P1080099.jpg

Extend the neck joint using epoxy putty, sand it and paint matt black

P1080098.jpg

Tighten the armor around the chest using a hairdryer

P1080119.jpg

Sponge inside of the legs armor to keep in position

P1080110.jpg

!! :chew

Back