Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can send you some swatches of fabric in ape green. It may not match what you are already going to use...but it's what I use for my costume.

Really? You dont have to, but that would rock! I picked up some so-so fabric at Jo Ann's, but I'm not happy with it. It's hard, because the sideshow clothes aren't the same shade of green as the clothes used on the show, so it's hard to find a good, suitable color match.

5991B0C0-1378-4AAE-AAD2-7B70542383D7-6813-000006C3D4A86ACB.jpg

I've successfully painted pieces of clothing with acrylics in the past, so that's a definite possibility if I do some color mixing...

The best thing is get enough fabric and re-do the whole outfit. That way it would match. The hardest part is the sleeve...but you already have that in hand to copy it...

And with the prefect shoulder thing-y, you won't have to worry about the leather part of the outfit.

OMG I just love Dr. Galen! The weird stuff behind his right ear to the left of the photo is just flashing.
1105120021.jpg

Look at how his nose is delicately wrinkled

1105120023a.jpg

Last edited:
TDP I have two casts of Dr. Galen if you are interested. Would anybody else like their own cast? Let me know.

Last edited:
OMG I can't believe I was calling Dr. Galen Dr Milo. I have gone back and fixed that typo. you guys did not call me out on that. LOL!

Hello guys, new apefan on the forum !

In response to the Jessica's invitation I post here the photos of my first ape sculpture and paint :

553876DSCF8747.jpg

323108DSCF8749.jpg

875604DSCF8750.jpg

304765DSCF8752.jpg

I'm now working on a chimp and a gorilla and I also started to modify a Zaius recast to do a Conquest orangutan.

Thanks! Jaffe and Kenya will be fun to make. I need to find a good head for a basis for Marcus. I thought I had more options left than I actually do.

Thanks. I made Alaya as well (from the Daryl Gregory POTA comic), and I noticed that the Evil Queen from Snow Whites outfit would be absolutely perfect for her with some modifications. If only I could find loose clothes. I see that sideshow made a PF of her.

I used a rooted head and just made the widows peak and mane out of sculpie. If I color match it to the hair, it probably won't look bad. I wish I knew how to root hair. I'd do it for all of my apes.

I prefer sculpted hair. it is easy to root hair. You will need to have a vinyl head to root. The hair plugs are usually threaded through with a hook or needle. on the inside of the head cavity the hair is secured using a candle to melt the ends of the plastic hair. Google doll hair root candle. the photos help a lot.

Hmmm I'll give it a look. Wouldn't hurt to try.. Thanks!

Jaffe will make for an interesting project. I guess I'd literally be sculpting a entire gorilla clotheless body (I'm unclear on why hes naked...I forget aspects of this scene from the book). Maybe I'll give him pants, at least. I want to really capture that expression and body language, though. I never tried sculpting teeth either, but I will for Jaffe.
9C71A8CC-AC01-484A-86FD-0F22FB5FC540-12321-00000C193393FF57.jpg

I should order a lot of heads on eBay.

Last edited:
Back