Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ! You didn't see it because it wasn't here before. A moderator had to validate it.

Hello guys, new apefan on the forum !

In response to the Jessica's invitation I post here the photos of my first ape sculpture and paint :

553876DSCF8747.jpg

323108DSCF8749.jpg

875604DSCF8750.jpg

304765DSCF8752.jpg

I'm now working on a chimp and a gorilla and I also started to modify a Zaius recast to do a Conquest orangutan.

I think I saw your posting at FOTA. Welcome to the forums! Cool custom. Keep at it!

Tons of cool reading in this thread for sure....I have lots more to do....but I need to stop tonight to hit the sack....

In the meanwhile, does anyone know if Hot Toys has decided to stop producing POTA 1/6 scale figures?? So many customs here that look awesome, but I am NOT the customizer so much....I have the Gorilla Captain, Soldier, and General Ursus from HT and am craving more....which I'm sure many others here are as well....

Anyone know?

Yes, Pierre...your work should be showcased here in Central City. We always need customizers to work on apes!!

I would love if Hot Toys continued their ape line. I'm broke now but by that time I should have some chimpchange. So...Hot Toys...you've got a definite fan base for sure.

Yes, Pierre...your work should be showcased here in Central City. We always need customizers to work on apes!!

I would love if Hot Toys continued their ape line. I'm broke now but by that time I should have some chimpchange. So...Hot Toys...you've got a definite fan base for sure.

Yeah. I think if Hot Toys does other figures from at least the first film, that would be great.

I don't really care about the humans...I just want more apes myself. Yeah.

I mean...why stop at the gorilla captain? I know that it was definitely a financial gain point of view by taking advantage of a new gorilla character by repainting the vest...but...they really need to make Zira, Cornelius and Dr. Zaius.

Did anyone want to get a cast of my re-worked Zira? She's made out of two different types of resin, but that shouldn't matter since she will need to be painted. I will clean her up if anybody's interested.

522451_10151336937410649_330320803_n.jpg

534045_10151336937530649_1331839665_n.jpg

Last edited:
I have got the most stupid looking mold for Zira. I think what happened was it was made before I discovered the best way for making molds and the sculpt floated in the rubber material before it set. I will post a photo later and you will see. Michael and TDP got your mssg and will take care of it this weekend. Djas Puhr I need to fix but he is so close to getting done that I will work on him before Dodge.

Hi all!! I have survived Hurricane Sandy!. TEN days without power or heat! Then when they finally show up its fixed in 15 minutes. I know there are others far worse and/or still without power but it is good to be back in my house in a normal(?) lifestyle.
Now, [finally] back to some 1:6 greatness!
I can send you some swatches of fabric in ape green. It may not match what you are already going to use...but it's what I use for my costume.
Where did you find "ape" green?
OMG I just love Dr. Galen! The weird stuff behind his right ear to the left of the photo is just flashing.
1105120021.jpg

Look at how his nose is delicately wrinkled

1105120023a.jpg
Put me down!
Hello guys, new apefan on the forum !

In response to the Jessica's invitation I post here the photos of my first ape sculpture and paint :

553876DSCF8747.jpg

323108DSCF8749.jpg

875604DSCF8750.jpg

304765DSCF8752.jpg

I'm now working on a chimp and a gorilla and I also started to modify a Zaius recast to do a Conquest orangutan.
Can we get more closeup shots of the face? It looks pretty darn good!
Tons of cool reading in this thread for sure....I have lots more to do....but I need to stop tonight to hit the sack....

In the meanwhile, does anyone know if Hot Toys has decided to stop producing POTA 1/6 scale figures?? So many customs here that look awesome, but I am NOT the customizer so much....I have the Gorilla Captain, Soldier, and General Ursus from HT and am craving more....which I'm sure many others here are as well....

Anyone know?
As far as I know they haven't "officially" abandoned it but, that being said, it doesn't seem likely we'll see more. :monkey2
I don't really care about the humans...I just want more apes myself. Yeah.

I mean...why stop at the gorilla captain? I know that it was definitely a financial gain point of view by taking advantage of a new gorilla character by repainting the vest...but...they really need to make Zira, Cornelius and Dr. Zaius.

Did anyone want to get a cast of my re-worked Zira? She's made out of two different types of resin, but that shouldn't matter since she will need to be painted. I will clean her up if anybody's interested.

522451_10151336937410649_330320803_n.jpg

534045_10151336937530649_1331839665_n.jpg

Yes! Dr. Galen and re-Zira for me!!

Here's the Council Voice Alaya I'm working on. Like I said the head is rooted, and I tried to sculpt the chimp widows peak. It's obvious and I can't decide if I like it. Maybe I'll try Jess' method.

E92C6357-4664-4348-9D21-C01F1F9F8584-1403-00000127031D8BA3.jpg
FEE84EB7-604A-4A66-A459-80C47DDEF6B3-1403-00000126F9C752EC.jpg

Anyone up for a Maximus? I have an extra cast ready to go to a new home. He will be unpainted and you will need to drill out the neck for your figure.

I can pour another one if you want, Michael. I just hate to waste the materials and he was the first one I had on hand. Mind you, I have minutes to pour the cast before the darn plastic sets...and I had to run upstairs to find a mold. It was ugly.

I will send you the Maximus, IM. Thank you for your support guys.

Back