Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any tips on using sculpie III for skinny parts in the oven? I redid LGs hair tonight, used aluminum foil with the middle rolled into a point, placed the head on it, and it STILL rolled over and broke parts of the beard. Grrr I have to redo it now. Some of it anyway. :mad:

I don't think there's much you can do about sculpey III for skinny parts. Is it a polymer clay? It would probably be best to mold and cast your headsculpt. I noticed that I just chipped Link's ear (it's made with mold magic, something akin to Apoxie). But it's not that hard to re-do, thank goodness. It was just the tip.

Sorry Monkeybat....to hear that you need to sell off your collection. I really should do that with mine as well. Unfortunately, there's not much to my collection. Nothing is complete. :(

I somehow managed to crack the corner of his mouth, but here's fluffy elongated bearded Marcus.

44B10EB9-2115-4057-906C-D8D945837CC1-4308-0000017B6C92F2D0.jpg

D387DF23-4D46-4BEC-91D8-6C092E990B17-4308-0000017B55A961C2.jpg

FF0C7B31-33FA-45FA-B83D-7D456EA7E982-4308-0000017B4252CE05.jpg

Next I need to make Jaffe and Sata and paint up the dining room.

That was off of a figure I recently got from kfog. Not sure who made it? It was a SS soldier and I changed the head. The shirt and pants were custom dyed.

That was off of a figure I recently got from kfog. Not sure who made it? It was a SS soldier and I changed the head. The shirt and pants were custom dyed.

On that particular figure, I altered a Sideshow Chancellor Palpatine shirt! The matching pants did not need altering!:wave

Thanks! I botched LGs hair AGAIN... Made the mistake of sculpting over the pre-existing hair so that now it's waay too "full". I'm going to have to cut all the hair off and try again. I hate orangutans! Damn their hair to hell. Out of the three ape classes, I find them easiest to sculpt facially, but hardest in terms of hairing.

B6B48C77-9146-491C-8774-9CC6A8E541DA-206-00000007C8B5A713.jpg

This stuff can be really frusterating. Taking a holiday hiatus, recharge my batteries then try again in the future.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. My wife hears me get so frustrated with my projects.

I always enjoy seeing your new creations. Hang in there.

Often, instead of reworking a head, I'll start over on a new one. Sometimes, the head even sits for months and then finds "life" as a different character.

Then I use the "undesirable results" head for something else.

mmm... ideas...

attachment.php

Back