Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best part of the entire Return to the Planet of the Apes cartoon was this hillbilly farmer ape from E4, with the "I'm Going Humanoid Over You" song playing on his truck radio. Therefore, he must be made in 1/6. But, first things first... Is he a gorilla or a chimp? Leaning toward gorilla based on completion.

E637AF79-45BD-4BD1-8C3B-44B23E84E4A9-641-00000118CA59DB35.jpg

The best part of the entire Return to the Planet of the Apes cartoon was this hillbilly farmer ape from E4, with the "I'm Going Humanoid Over You" song playing on his truck radio. Therefore, he must be made in 1/6. But, first things first... Is he a gorilla or a chimp? Leaning toward gorilla based on completion.

Hey Michael! What color and kind of overcoat is he wearing? Also, is that a straw hat?:dunno

Last edited:
That and one other illustration of him from the floor up are the only images shown. Well, that and his pick up truck. I assume they're blue coveralls with a straw hat. This could make for an amusing custom... I'll get another snapshot of the other angle and of his truck. Imagine if I got a pick up that looked like it, too? :rotfl

It reminds me of this late 19th century plantation owners suit! I added the straw hat of course!

You know, it's really difficult to find a 1/6th scale female figure with no makeup added on the face, but here's one! Do these loin clothes look authentic to the POTA movie? I need to hair up the male with more wild looking hair!

You know a GI Joe willys jeep would work fine and they sell miniature hay bails at Michaels!

Based on the structure of his ears and nose, I'd say your farmer is a chimp(albeit, a very dark complected one).My 2cents...PS

Hay Bales at Michaels!

I know where I'll be this weekend!

THIS....APE....IS.....AWESOME!
Thank you sir! So glad you like it. I just need to repair that little crack with appoxie.

Based on the structure of his ears and nose, I'd say your farmer is a chimp(albeit, a very dark complected one).My 2cents...PS

Yeah... I thought the nose/ears were chimp-ish, but the color/strong features seemed gorilla-ish to me. Perhaps a hybrid? Never know what goes on on them farms..

Last edited:
Wow! 66 hits and 4 watchers so far on my Stewart listed on ebay just within one day and 32 hits and 4 watchers for Jones! They sure are generating interest!:clap

Welcome to the boards, Bobo. Have you thought about trying your hand in customizing?

Not yet...I was an historical miniature figure painter in a previous life and am eager to apply my skills to some simian anatomy. However, I haven't worked up the guts to crack the seals on my ape figs yet! I should probably practice on some generic figures (read: cheap) first.

Bobo

So I finished sculpting Jaffe tonight, and I'm SO happy with how he came out. I can't wait to paint it up. It might be my favorite sculpt yet! I never tried sculpting a true expression before....with teeth....and closed eyes. But I think (fingers crossed) I nailed it! I'm working on the body now. I'm using one of the custom teen sized bodies I got from kfog. Sculpting the arms properly is time consuming, so I did one arm tonight, and I'll finish him up totally by tomorrow night. I decided on giving him shorts opposed to pants or keeping him nude. The drawing from the book doesn't really show below the belt/indicate that he's wearing anything, so I used my imagination. I think the shorts look is going to be AWESOME. I have just what I need. I can't wait to put whats in my brain onto my ape! I'm confident with this one. I'm very pleased with how this project is turning out.
3A574382-6213-478E-8BB2-84BE98099351-1728-0000026BDF3EC0FE.jpg

P.S. Does anyone know how to make images smaller? I take mine from photobucket and they're always so damn big. I hate to clutter up the thread.

Last edited:
So I finished sculpting Jaffe tonight, and I'm SO happy with how he came out. I can't wait to paint it up. It might be my favorite sculpt yet! I never tried sculpting a true expression before....with teeth....and closed eyes. But I think (fingers crossed) I nailed it! I'm working on the body now. I'm using one of the custom teen sized bodies I got from kfog. Sculpting the arms properly is time consuming, so I did one arm tonight, and I'll finish him up totally by tomorrow night. I decided on giving him shorts opposed to pants or keeping him nude. The drawing from the book doesn't really show below the belt/indicate that he's wearing anything, so I used my imagination. I think the shorts look is going to be AWESOME. I have just what I need. I can't wait to put whats in my brain onto my ape! I'm confident with this one. I'm very pleased with how this project is turning out.
3A574382-6213-478E-8BB2-84BE98099351-1728-0000026BDF3EC0FE.jpg

P.S. Does anyone know how to make images smaller? I take mine from photobucket and they're always so damn big. I hate to clutter up the thread.

Sure! Just save your pictures to your document file! When you select post reply, the window will pop up! Before hitting submit, go below that to the manage attachments tab! Click on the tab and it will allow you to attach five pictures! Then you close that window and then hit submit!:panic:

Last edited:
Back